Note: Fanfic is still in progress. Feel free to add!
Upon her defeat by the Elements of Harmony, Nightmare Moon is not only forcibly ripped away from Princess Luna, but is thrown into a confusing, inexplicable realm of existence: Southern California. She ends up at the house of North Shores, a bitter, wealthy widower, whose riches are due to his now former marital status.
As Moon adjusts to life in the human world, and North adjusts to his very unique roommate, the two adjust to each other, and what comes next is magic.
- Be All My Sins Remembered: Moon has a hard time letting go of all she's done in the past. It doesn't help that she's not sure if she did them or if Luna did.
- This also makes her The Atoner, even if she really may not need to be.
- The Conspiracy: The Hampstead Institute for Vitalizing Education, an Irish N.G.O. focused on public education. However, their real reason for existence is to control the human/changeling hybrid queens that pop up occasionally.
- Going Native: After a while, Moon drops the ponyisms from her vocabulary. She even goes the ultimate route and chooses to live as a human, going through a painful process to get her shapeshifting skills back.
- Intrepid Reporter: What North does for a living, even if he really doesn't need to.
- Naked on Arrival: Well, technically she still had her armor....
- Older Than He Looks: Moon appears as a 25 year old woman, but she's at least a thousand years old, if not more, depending on when she first manifested.