Side stories to the Yellow Diamond/Greg Universe origin fic Golden Universe.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Yellow Diamond was able to single-handedly bring down Peridot's ship with a few well-placed bolts of electricity.
- Bookworm: Being more introverted than his canon counterpart, Steven spends most of his time at the library.
- Maiden Aunt: Confirmed to be Pink Diamond in the continuity just like in canon, this makes Rose Quartz this to the Steven of this continuity.
- Must Make Amends: Chapter 5 has Yellow Diamond - in the late stages of pregnancy - confronting Rose Quartz now knowing that she is her thought-to-be-dead "sister" Pink Diamond and explaining how she finally understands why she did what she did.
- New Era Speech: When Rose asks Yellow why she is having Steven, her speech can be read as this."Because I'm obsolete." She stated, shutting her eyes. As they opened, the planet's star began its path below the horizon. "I'm a product of a failing system; and nothing I do can fix it."
"But surely you could've done something?"
"I wish I could. But it's too late for that now. And I don't have much longer left." She said, struggling to stand up. And when Rose offered her arm, she accepted graciously.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Pearl seemed to find Greg and Yellow's "fraternizing" to be rather appalling, though she kept it to herself."The facial hair does you justice."
Pearl's head perked up as she heard her Diamond speak.
Yellow's hand began rubbing Greg's now-fuzzy chin, her usual harsh eyes gone soft as a smile graced her face. "Of course."
Pearl wanted to gag, but all was interrupted by the boom of what could only be a gem ship exiting gravity drive.