A gem stranded on Earth, a young rocker who never saw Rose Quartz at his Beach City gig. How can Greg Universe convince this proud Diamond to appreciate this planet and maybe more?
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: It is essentially what would happen is Greg had encountered Yellow Diamond instead of meeting Rose Quartz.
- Call a Human a "Meatbag": The first time she meets Greg, Pearl refers to him as a "filthy organic".
- Came from the Sky: The first time he meets Yellow Diamond and Pearl is when their ship crash-lands not to far from where Greg was driving, confusing it for a shooting star.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: When Greg asks Yellow Diamond to retrieve a map from the glove-compartment, she ends up breaking the lever and handle.
- The Dreaded: Yellow claims that if it was Blue who was with Greg and not her, she would have killed him in his first bought of insolence
- Executive Meddling: In-Universe. The reason why Greg fires Marty here is because Marty wants Greg to sing his songs instead of the ones Greg writes because he believes they do not appeal to a wide enough market.
- Humans Are Insects: When Greg first meets Yellow Diamond, he attempts at establishing "first contact", while she tries ignoring him."Hey?"
Just ignore it. She told herself. Well it was clear by the celestial objects visible that she was in the northern hemisphere.
"Woah-oh!" The human screamed as it fell into the pit with her.
Yellow grunted in disgust as it rolled to a stop right by the toe of her boot. It was touching her...
- Laser-Guided Karma: Yellow Diamond decided to take matters in her own hands to check on the progress of the Cluster, she winds up crash-landing on Earth instead.
- Not So Omniscient After All: Yellow Diamond ends up getting lost when she tries heading towards the Prime Kindergarten on foot, allowing Greg and Pearl to catch up with her.To err was the way of the common gem, not a Diamond.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: When Yellow Diamond asks Pearl to remind her why she was in the situation they were it, Pearl explicitly said that she willfully "broke protocol" to check on the Cluster herself.
- Screw You, Elves!: Whenever Yellow Diamond's pride (backed by her Pearl) becomes too much for Greg, he is not afraid to stand up to her, something that throws both of them for a loop every time given how rare it is that Yellow Diamond is ever disrespected by anybody."Oh, I'm sorry, Your Grace. Your Majesty? Or would you prefer Your Radiance?"
Yellow's hands balled into fists, crushing the papers they had been holding at the moment. She let out ragged breaths, trying as she could to keep from destroying the only transport she had left. All she needed to do, was repeat her purpose to herself, and she calmed enough to speak once more. "You should be grateful for the mercy I have shown you thus far."
"The insolence you have shown would have gotten you shattered were you a gem of Blue's. But thankfully, I give the second chances she would not."
"You should be grateful." Pearl repeated from the back.
"You know who the ones who should really be grateful are?" Greg asked, glancing briefly at the gem beside him before turning his attention back to the road. "You two. Because I could have chosen not to take you. I could've left you back there to walk the whole way."
"You could have tried." Yellow asserted, crossing her arms and giving the human a death glare.
But Greg, Greg would not be intimidated, much. She might be an alien rock who could transform into a giant at any moment, but this was still his van. He kicked his manager out, and he'd do so with these two as well. He slowed, pulling over just enough to make his threat. "Like now?"
"Am I?" Greg responded with a tap of the brakes.
Neither gem responded, Pearl wrung her hands, looking around nervously while Yellow herself looked out the side window, wearing a scowl.
"That's right." Greg said, more to himself, as he sped up to join the growing traffic.
- Tap on the Head: When Pearl tries sending a distress signal after their ship crash-lands on Earth, Yellow immediately poofs her to stop her, worried about what Blue and White would say to her if they found out that she went to Earth, especially when she is prone to tell Blue off for her frequent visits to the site of Pink's shattering.