A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction written by Starman Ghost.
The story follows a lone Changeling that goes by the name of Pincer who, after the failed invasion of Canterlot, gets caught by the Royal Guard and goes onto discover that what he was taught about the ponies, might not be true, and the ponies themselves learn that what they know about the Changelings might also not be true.
The story can be found here.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Blue and Orange Morality: Averted, though both Pincer and the ponies he deals with expect this of each other. He's aware that what the changelings are doing would generally be considered bad, but he knows that they are only doing it to survive.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: What Pincer thinks the ponies will do to him. He's quite shocked when it doesn't happen.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: When Pincer finally meets Celestia face-to-face, she takes him for a snack at a pastry shop.
- Extreme Omnivore: Pincer (and implicitly, changelings in general) can eat and enjoy everything from flowers to raw meat, and doesn't bother peeling an orange before he eats it.
- Graying Morality: The entire point of the story is to take a good look at the Black and White Morality presented by the changeling invasion and give a more in depth story, which definitely changes the exact hues we see both sides in (though Celestia is still far, far better than Chrysalis).
- Mundane Utility: Pincer becomes an actor at the end of the story.
- Sequel Hook: Chrysalis is overthrown and a more benevolent Queen is elevated to the position, there's apparently a group of changelings that wish for a return to the old lifestyle.
- The Spartan Way: Every changeling serves as a member of their society's military. Poor soldiers are subject to verbal abuse, corporal punishment, and in particularly severe cases, assignment to penal battalions.
- After Chrysalis is overthrown, things start to change for the better.