Fresh off of his latest clash with Akuma, Ryu finds himself in the middle of the Ninja World, more specifically Konoha! Now back in his teenage body, he must survive a world of new fighting styles, energy attacks, and 'ninjas'.
Read it here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9333049/1/Rising-Dragon
This fan fic contains examples of:
- Be Careful What You Wish For: During the bell training exercise, Sasuke tells Ryu not to hold back anything. He gets his wish in the form of a Hadouken comboed into a Metsu Shoryuken.
- Birds of a Feather: Ryu and Lee have this sort of relationship.
- Crossover: Naruto and Street Fighter.
- Earthy Barefoot Character: Ryu's character can be summed up as this trope rather neatly.
- Experienced Protagonist: Ryu is stated to be Jounin-class in Chapter 1, and takes out a trio of ANBU.
- Friend to Bugs: Aburame Shino, as in canon, is a bug master.
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That: The residents of Ninja World are constantly surprised at Ryu's complete lack of Chakra.
- Like a Duck Takes to Water: Ryu takes extremely well to the Ninja World, due in whole or in part to how much combat the world throws his way.
- Outside-Context Problem: Ryu has no chakra, nor even chakra coils, and uses ki. This is the exact opposite of literally the entire Ninja World and it gives the Hyuuga no small amount of dismay to find out.
- Rules Lawyer: This is how Rock Lee convinces Ryu to train him.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Gai and Kakashi; Naruto and Sasuke