The holiday season has come to Chicago in the Core Timeline, and the Extraordinary Avengers are in a festive mood. The whole team is at work, both getting ready to help protect the world and ring in the holidays.
But Maria "Captain America" Vincennes of SHIELD Team Seven is not in nearly a festive mood. Because she and the rest of her team are going to be spending the holiday season at the Chicago Avengers Mansion. And while the rest of her team is clearly happy with their holiday arrangements, Maria is not happy at all.
Especially when Maria confronts Mari "Captain America" Makinami, who manipulated events in order to ensure that Maria and her team would be spending time in holiday cheer.
Will the two Captain Americas be able to find some common ground this holiday season? Or will they wind up killing each other before Santa Claus comes to town?
Currently under construction. Please add tropes as you see them!
This story has the following Tropes:
- An Ass-Kicking Christmas.
- As You Know: A big conversation between Mari and Maria falls under this, getting readers caught up on events that took place in previous stories focusing on Maria and her team.
- For Want of a Nail: Turns out that the reason Mari knows the information given below on "Secret Keeper" is because at the time that the experiment that created the Proto-Adamantium happened, Peggy Carter (which was Mari's grandmother on her native 'verse-it's a long story) arrived to deliver some coffee to the man that was making it and saw what happened herself (the canon history being that Myron MacLain fell asleep right when it happened and never could find out what was mixed into the metal).
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ironically, the two Captain Americas fit into this dynamic; Maria "Captain America" Vincennes is very much the Blue Oni, focused entirely on her duty as a SHIELD agent and introverted to a staggering degree, while Mari "Captain America" Makinami is definitely the Red Oni, being very passionate in everything she does but very mistrusting of organizations such as SHIELD.
- Secret Keeper: Mari is revealed to be this when Maria learns that Mari knows the formula for proto-adamantium, the very same nigh-invulnerable metal used to make Captain America's shield.
- Shout-Out: Multiple ones.
- Mari mentions that she's been in touch with Nicholas St. North, who gave her the schedule for the arrival of various Prep and Landing teams, as well as teams from the Coal Elf Brigade.
- The Grinch: Maria is showing shades of this, being the only one seen thus far who is not at all in the holiday spirit. Though considering her background, and how exactly Mari got her there, that could be understandable.
- Time Skip: This story occurs five months after Rise Of The Extraordinary Avengers Coreline