29 years after a devastating international armed conflict known as The White War, a young attorney named Mael Strauss arrives in a quiet town of the eponymous Riverach to start his career in law, following his father's recommendation. The more he settles in the town , however, the more he realizes that the town was not nearly as innocent and simple as it appeared to be. During his off time, he researches into the history of the town. Along the way, he befriends four people, all of whom with the story of their own.
In the meanwhile, the International Commitee, Panieth's equivalent of UN, establishes International Security Support Elements, an multinational task force formed to put an end to prevent another White War and hunt down the remnants of Ridian New National Party, a political faction in Ridian Empire that was primarily responsible for starting the White War.
Tropes appearing in Riverach
- Crapsack World: Panieth, mostly because of the never ending threat of war.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture:
- Elterlein is basically the mixture of current day United States of America and Britain Empire.
- Ridia is based on Nazi Germany and France.
- Hopeless War: The White War was merely the biggest armed conflicts between Elterlein and countries around it. The actual "war" could be traced to up to 2000 years ago.
- Humans Are Flawed: The key theme.
- Penal Colony: Riverach started as one.
- Shown Their Work: What the author claims to go for.
- Town with a Dark Secret: Riverach. It started off as a Penal Colony.
- World of Badass: Most characters know how to handle themselves, with or without physical means.