Don't Be Sad, Ally Martins! is a movie currently in planning by MikuruFan.
Ally Martins decides to flee from her abusive husband by illegally immigrating to Germany to live with her cousin. She travels to Britain under the claim that she has gotten a job there. From Britain, she plans to take ferries to Germany. However, the ferry is ill-fated. She turns out to be the only survivor of the sinking and finds herself on the island of Heligoland. She is hospitalized and gains media attention in both Britain and Germany, against her intention of covertly traveling to Germany.
Mainly a reconstruction of Lifetime Movie of the Week.
This work provides examples of:
- Domestic Abuse
- Genre Adultery: Thought that this would be a sadistic vulgar comedy?
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": The nurse's last name is Nurse.
- Indecisive Parody: Some parts are made to seem ridiculous, but most of the film is dead serious of the subject matter.
- Lampshade Hanging: One of the Heligolanders asks Ally if she could have done some action less drastic than immigrating to Germany.
- Lifetime Movie of the Week
- Reconstruction: Attempts to make the genre more tolerable by not making revenge a major theme of the movie.
- Rule of Drama
- Scenery Porn: Extensive shots of Heligoland, the ocean, and so on takes up a lot of the visuals.
- Silence Is Golden: Probably only a third of the movie is made up of dialogue.
- Title Drop: Done by the nurse near the middle of the second act.