These are the prominent characters of Sekirei.
The Ashikabi of the North, and the main protagonist of the story. He has failed college entrance exams twice, due to his inability to deal with pressure. As a result he's considered as an idiot and a loser. His life changes immensely when he first meets Musubi and becomes her Ashikabi. As he gains more Sekirei over the course of the story due to his kind heart, he becomes a pivotal and powerful player in the Sekirei Plan.
Sekirei: Musubi, Tsukiumi, Matsu, Kusano, Kazehana, and Homura
- Above the Influence: Minato is trying his best to remain a gentleman... even with all his Sekirei hitting on him.
- Action Survivor: He has no special powers of his own beyond being able to wing his Sekirei. Still, he's gutsy enough to put his life on the line on the battlefield.
- All-Loving Hero: Evolving into this as time goes on.
- Apologises a Lot: Though he's getting a bit better.
- Big Brother Instinct: He has it, but in the past he was bad at following through with it. Is doing a much better job with Kuu.
- Big Good: For having a lot of loving, very powerful Sekirei.
- Bishōnen: He's a slender, boyishly-handsome young man, though unlike some of the other Ashikabi, his feminine looks emphasize his own apparent weakness rather than his attractiveness.
- Bi the Way: Claims he isn't, but nobody really believes him. His tendency to have dreams where his Sekirei have all become muscular men, and the ease at which he's able to accept having a male Sekirei support this.
- Black Comedy Rape: While discussing over-the-top ideas about the major powers in the Game, a group of Ashikabi express their fear of being molested by the Ashikabi of the North.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: In the manga, Uzume dies in his arms. He's left covered in her blood, shocking the others when they return home.
- Book Dumb: He does not do well under pressure. When Matsu gives him a sample college entrance exam, he aces it entirely, causing her to wonder how the heck he failed it twice. She also mentions that the test she gave him was a lot harder than a normal exam as well.
- Book-Ends: The story starts with Musubi falling onto him. Guess how it ends.
- Butt-Monkey: Minato's never safe from the suffering his mother and sister put him through.
- Calling the Old Woman Out: Subverted when Minato finally calls out Takami while protecting his Sekirei. She's proud of him for what he's done, but, being the troll she is, ends up arresting him and the Sekirei anyway.
- Celibate Hero: Not that he isn't sexually attracted to his Sekirei (apart from Kusano), just that he's resolved to avoid sleeping with any of them until they've escaped the Sekirei Plan and ensured that they can be together forever.
- Character Development: His experiences and love for his Sekirei has allowed him to become a much stronger person, impressing Seo with his determination. He states it's his desire to become "someone worthy" of the faith everyone has in him.
- Closet Key: A bisexual-variant, for Kagari.
- Cool Down Hug: Gives a literal one to an overloaded, suicidal Homura. Lampshaded after he attempts to resolve a conflict by hugging Uzume.Homura: Is hugging....one of your specialties or something?
- Cowardly Lion: Normally meek and insecure, but when push comes to shove he's stood his ground against enemy Sekirei without a second thought.
- Dare to Be Badass: After Uzume's termination, Miya tells him there's only one way to restore the broken bonds of defeated Sekirei.Miya:Hope lies in the last remaining one who has overcome every catastrophe since the time of legends. Sahashi-san, do you have the courage to take that position?
- Declaration of Protection: He wants to protect the Sekirei who eventually choose him.
- The Ditherer: Because of his insecurities, before his Character Development.
- The Dreaded: Minato is surprised to learn people are 'terrified'' of the "Ashikabi of the North". Suffice to say, he doesn't live up to his reputation.
- Extreme Doormat: Eventually subverted. Minato's often pushed around by his sister and mother, but stands up for his friends when it counts.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: He went from a unlucky high school student to a powerful Ashikabi involved in the Sekirei Plan.
- Gag Penis: Matsu is rather.....pleased the first time she sees Minato naked.Matsu: But Mina-tan, the data down here is much more than I expected..!
- Game-Breaker: An in-universe example. Minato gets called out by Higa as being one during the 4th stage of the Sekirei Plan; thinking that Minaka had purposefully set the system up so that Minato would end up with a majority of the top-level Sekirei.
- Good Is Not Dumb: Once Matsu hammers into him how capable he is, he begins taking an active role in strategy and tricking the enemy.
- Go Through Me: Shields his injured Sekirei from attackers on multiple occasions, refusing to back down even from the very real possibility of being squished like a bug.
- Guile Hero: Thanks to Matsu, he's finally realizing how to best take advantage of his Non-Action Guy status. He's managed to run a gambit on Higa, and came up with effective strategies to outsmart enemies.
- Gut Feeling: He's rarely wrong about people, seeing the good in the Jerk with a Heart of Gold while steering clear of the Manipulative Bastard trying to make friends.
- Heroic Bastard: Everyone but Minato seems to know his biological father is Minaka.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Due to his low confidence, though he's improving.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: He has a reputation as a Depraved Bisexual among the Ashikabi community, due to his harem. People are shocked to learn the Ashikabi of the North is a pretty mild guy.
- Hope Bringer: He's decided to become this, and it shows.
- House Husband: Handles all manner of household chores, and generally plays the supportive domestic to his Sekirei.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: Most Ashikabi get past this after the winging, poor Minato still has to deal with this.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: He experiences temptations, but his moral compass is strong enough that he rejects them.
- Innocent Cohabitation: With his Sekirei. Miya has threatened to kick him out, if it doesn't stay that way.
- Insecure Love Interest: He often worries that he isn't worthy of his Sekirei.
- Just the Way You Are: As Kagari's Ashikabi, Minato has the power to determine his gender and mentality, but chooses to let Kagari remain who he is for now.
- The Leader: He becomes this when the final Stage is interrupted by a military invasion, taking charge and uniting the rival Ashikabi to defend the island.
- Locked Out of the Loop: He's only told key info when absolutely necessary. Otherwise he's kept in the dark.
- Loser Protagonist: Initially comes off as one, having failed his college entrance exam twice and being unemployed and all, but we come to learn that he was never one at all. He possesses a near genius level IQ and proves himself to be The Paragon time and time again.
- Lover Tug-of-War: Often the target of this, usually involving Tsukiumi and Musubi.
- Lust Object: To Matsu.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: Mad Scientist's Innocent Son: Minaka's son, kept in the dark about his father's true identity. When Higa accuses him of gaining so many powerful Sekirei because of his father, he's understandably confused.
- Magnetic Hero: He has a way of bringing together other Ashikabi, who are inherently rivals due to the nature of the game.
- A Man Is Always Eager: Subverted. He's generally more flustered and nervous about the idea of sex than most of his harem.
- Marry Them All: His intention is to be with each of his Sekirei for the rest of his life.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The feminine boy to his sister Yukari's masculine girl.
- Mysterious Parent: He initinally knows absolutely nothing about his father, unlike.....well....pretty much every single other character.
- Nice Guy: A kindhearted and understanding guy all around.
- Non-Action Guy: He has no fighting ability, and spends most of the early series leaving the action to his Sekirei. Later on he graduates into being something of an Action Survivor, as while he still does almost no fighting on his own, he becomes much more active on the battlefield when supporting his Sekirei.
- Nose Bleed: For appropriate comedic effect.
- Not What It Looks Like: Miya and Tsukiumi are usually the ones he's trying to explain himself to.
- The Paragon: Routinely shows himself to be devoted to helping others and inspiring them to improve themselves, regardless of who they are or if it means putting his life on the line.
- Power of Trust: Considers himself unreliable, but inspires trust in others. His faith in others is almost always rewarded.
- Protectorate: All of his Sekirei and him in turn for them.
- Punched Across the Room: Of all Sekirei he has ironically Kagari is the only one who punched him to the point he fainted for a while.
- Tsukiumi also did the same but using her water.
- The Red Baron: "The Ashikabi of the North". In fitting with the others that control a territory, he's also sometimes called "Minato of the North".
- Ridiculously Average Guy: He starts out seemingly as one.
- Ronin: He has failed college entrance exams twice.
- Screw Destiny: Determined to do this, and earn a happy ending for all the Sekirei and their Ashikabi.
- Second Love: To Kazehana.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Seo and Kagari's Manly Men.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "I'm happily hetero!" Unconvincingly said by Minato to Tsukiumi to try reassure her when she thinks he's cheating on her with Kagari.
- Tell Me About My Father: He attempted to ask about his father, but Takami understandably refuses, given his father is the Big Bad.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Happens accidentally to him a few times.
- This Loser Is You: He's a pretty average guy, right up until Musubi literally crashed into his life.
- Tired of Running: Rejects multiple chances to quit the Sekirei Plan and escape the city, and after Uzume's termination makes the decision to fight with the intention of winning.
- True Companions: One of his most appealing traits that has made his Sekirei love him and a formidable group.
- Understanding Boyfriend: Takes the whole "Battle Alien" thing in stride. And takes Kagari's unstable gender in stride, simply stating that Kagari is fine as himself.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Both the giver and receiver of this trope, in particular when talking down a suicidal Kagari.
- You Are Not Alone: A defining part of his interactions with others, especially as the series progresses and he becomes more confident.
Minato's first Sekirei. She is somewhat dim-witted and clueless, but holds an incredible strength of will and compassion for others. A power-type Sekirei, she is a close-combat fighter with amazing strength. As a child, she was kidnapped by unknown forces and rescued by the 2nd Discipline Squad. Her core was badly damaged during her captivity, driving Yume to sacrifice her own existence and pass her core on to Musubi.
Ashikabi: Minato Sahashi
- Action Girlfriend: To the core! She appears when Minato needed her most and turning his life upside-down.
- Affectionate Nickname: Karasuba calls her "Mu-chan".
- All-Loving Heroine: Her goal is ultimately to win the Sekirei Plan, in order to teach Karasuba to believe in The Power of Love and in order to free all the Sekirei so everyone can be happy.
- All Your Powers Combined: In chapter 177, she temporarily assimilates the Sekirei core of the rest of Minato's harem, and their powers, in order to revive Minato and take on #00.
- Animal Motifs: Bears.
- Badass Adorable: She's adorable, even when she's smashing buildings with her fists.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: Pulls a couple off.
- Bears Are Bad News: Occasionally manifests a bear behind her, which terrifies the others. Also, her special attacks are Bear-themed.
- Betty and Veronica: She serves as the Betty to Tsukiumi's Veronica for Minato's Archie.
- Between My Legs: In episode 2.
- Big Eater: The first time Minato feeds her, she leaves him broke.
- Bi the Way: She finds groping Tsukiumi.....exciting.
- Boobs of Steel: A power-type Sekirei with super strength, and a big deal is made of her enormous chest.
- Buxom Is Better: Musubi is compared to (and considered sexier) than Kuno because of her big boobs. She's also one of the bustiest girls in Minato's harem, second only to Kazehana.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: By the fists of my contract, my Ashikabi's perils will be shattered.
- Cat Smile: She does this on occasion, in particular with Kusano.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: At times.
- Covert Pervert: Though Matsu is more obvious about it, Musubi might actually be the most perverted of Minato's Sekirei; she kisses Matsu without batting an eye, likes having her breasts fondled by Yukari, enjoys groping Tsukiumi, gets off on being Bound and Gagged by Karasuba...
- Crash-Into Hello: Landed on Minato.
- Cute Bruiser: Her primary characteristic.
- Determinator: She even learned a new attack this way.
- The Ditz: She's not the brightest Sekirei around.
- Due to the Dead: Musubi is shown to take very seriously the rule about guarding a terminated Sekirei until they can be retrieved by MBI.
- Dumb Is Good: Though the least intelligent of Minato's Sekirei, she's easily the nicest, and the only one who respects his boundaries and/or isn't comically abusive towards him.
- Fingerless Gloves: Hers happen to have extra padding to protect her knuckles.
- Friendly Enemy: Insists her friendship with Kaho is really strong, partially because they promised to fight next time they met. Hilarity Ensues when they meet pre-battle, and are forced to hide from each other to avoid breaking their promise.
- Genki Girl: Perky, sweet, and never one to give up!
- The Heroine: Drives the story with her personal quest to free all Sekirei.
- Horrible Judge of Character: She's incredibly fond of Karasuba. Subverted, as it turns out. She isn't fooled by Karasuba for one minute, but shares Yume's desire to teach Karasuba the error of her ways, even describing her as a child that just doesn't understand a Sekirei's true nature and purpose.
- Idiot Hair: Showing her innocence. It tends to react depending on her emotions.
- Idiot Heroine
- Immune to Bullets: She found being shot, and hit, by machine guns near the end of the fourth stage "annoying."
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: At first. She truly did not understand cultural and nudity taboos. This would all change once Matsu entered the picture.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Kuma no Te (Bear Palm).
- Limit Break: Kuma Ryusei (Bear Meteor).
- Magnetic Girlfriend: Winging her unlocked Minato's potential, allowing him to slowly attract all the others in his harem.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: To a degree. She literally falls out of the sky into Minato's life and ends up kicking off an adventure that makes him a more confident person. However, while she's quirky, she herself is only as responsible for Minato's Character Development as any other Sekirei is.
- Megaton Punch: One of her signature moves.
- Miko: Her outfit invokes one aesthetically, anyway.
- Morality Pet: To Karasuba.
- Nice Girl: Not only is she nice to her beloved Minato, but to everyone. Even to her love rivals. In fact, she never gets angry with Minato. Not even once.
- One-Note Cook: She's good at making curry. And.....more curry.
- The Pollyanna: Optimistic, and full of hope even in the most dire of circumstances.
- The Promise: She promised Yume she would defeat Karasuba and free all the defeated Sekirei, as well as promising Karasuba that they would be the final two Sekirei, and promising Kaho they would fight the next time they met.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Tsukiumi's blue.
- Sharing a Body: Yume continues to exist within her soul, and sometimes takes control.
- Short Hair with Tail: Her style is essentially a chin-length bob with a long ponytail.
- Spirited Competitor: She loves to take on strong opponents.
- Super Mode: Has one in the form of Yume, her Alter Ego.
- Super Strength: Her primary ability as a Sekirei.
- Third-Person Person: Zigzagged. Sometimes she refers to herself by name, sometimes she doesn't. There really doesn't seem to be any consistency.
- Undying Loyalty: She's willing to stay by Minato's side and protect him always.
- You Are Number 6: #88
- You Monster!: A random soldier mook calls her one. She replies that he's being rude before megaton-punching him off Kamikura Island.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Kusano (Kuu) #108
Minato's second Sekirei, who considers him her "big brother" and future husband. The youngest of the Sekirei, she is a cheerful and innocent girl with the power to control plants. She was forced out into the world early, after Mikogami attempted to capture her and used her powers to build a forest to protect her. Dubbed the "Green Girl", she called out to Minato in dreams until he was able to rescue her.
Ashikabi: Minato Sahashi
- Affectionate Nickname: "Kuu-chan"
- Badass Adorable: The cutest around, and far more of a badass than people would expect.
- Big Brother Attraction: Towards Minato who she sees as an older sibling and her future husband.
- Big Brother Worship: Worships the ground Minato walks on...and clings to him like white on rice.
- Cat Smile: She often does this in conjunction with Musubi.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Most likely learned this from Tsukiumi, after the latter starts mentioning being Minato's "wife".
- Colour Coded Eyes: Green eyes to match her elemental abilities.
- Creepy Child: Sometimes. Her facial expressions can get a little spooky.
- Elemental Eye Colors: Green
- Fertile Feet: As an aspect of her power.
- Girl of My Dreams: Her first meetings with Minato were dreams.
- Green Thumb: Her power, which allows her to grow and control plants.
- The Heart: No one can resist the cute.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: She adores kitties.
- Little Miss Badass: This cute little girl can hold her own in a Sekirei battle.
- Meaningful Name: Kuu's means "Grass and fields".
- Mysterious Waif: How she was introduced.
- Petite Pride: Proudly asks Minato to look at her flat chest. He.....points out how wrong that is.
- Precocious Crush: Asked Minato on more than one occasion to marry her when She's All Grown Up.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: No one can resist.
- Rapunzel Hair: Nearly to her ankles.
- The Red Baron: The Green Girl
- Small Girl, Big Gun: The gun being Kuu's incredibly strong nature powers.
- Talking to Plants: Able to communicate with plants, even over a distance. She was able to "ask" a tree to catch Minato, and learned from it about Shiina being released from the labs.
- Token Mini-Moe: Her role in the harem. She hopes Minato will marry her when she grows up.
- Token Wholesome: Due to being, y'know, a kid, she's the only one of Minato's Sekirei who always dresses conservatively and isn't sexualized.
- Undying Loyalty: Not only does she cling to Minato day in and day out, but her tendencies to protect him make it plain.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Parodied, as she's prone to biting Seo when she even thinks he might be bullying Minato.
- You Are Number 6: #108
Minato's third Sekirei, a perverted technopath in hiding from MBI. She originally viewed Musubi as a rival, but quickly decides watching the others fight over Minato is more entertaining. As Sekirei #02, she knows many secrets about the Sekirei Plan and provides the others with information and tactical support from the safety of her room.
Ashikabi: Minato Sahashi
- The Ageless: Appears about the same age as all the others, but she was an adult at a time when even Homura was still an infant.
- Anything That Moves: She has shown "interest" in a number of people, of both genders. Not to mention Homura...
- Badass Biker: She rides a bike in the anime and can kick major ass as well.
- Badass Bookworm: While primarily the brains of the operation, she's capable of handling herself in battle as well.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Wisdom of my Pledge, Bestow the Teachings of the World to my Ashikabi!
- The Cracker: Her primarily role, hacking various databases.
- Curtains Match the Window: Auburn eyes to match her hair.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: She's often trying to jump Minato, which is played for comedy.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Her various inventions come in handy, from tracking devices to hidden radios to net-launchers.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: She certainly thinks so!
- Hacker Cave: Her bedroom.
- Hot Scientist: Like all Sekirei, she's extremely attractive.
- In-Series Nickname: Perverted Glasses (Miya), The Pervert (Mutsu)
- Interrupted Intimacy: The only reason Minato is still a virgin.
- Kill Sat: She sometimes "borrows" MBI's to deal with opponents.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: While a complete pervert, people genuinely like her anyway.
- Meganekko: Very much so.
- Mission Control: While she seems capable of holding her own in a (non-melee) fight, she performs better in this role.
- More Deadly Than the Male: An "intellect"-type Sekirei, she makes use of things such a Kill Sat and various gadgets when forced to deal with enemies. And as Miya points out, she's actually one of Minato's most ruthless Sekirei when necessary.
- Ms. Exposition: She's the one Minato turns to, whenever he needs information. As such, she's the major source for info-dumps in the series.
- Playful Hacker: Even when it isn't necessary, she likes to peek in on systems. Her powers actually allow her to monitor computer systems, though her own hacking skills are necessary to do anything beyond looking.
- Qipao: Her main outfit closely resembles this.
- Rapunzel Hair: She wears it loose, except for two long braids in the front.
- The Smart Girl: Her role in the group.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: It isn't clear whether she actually needs them or is simply invoking this trope.
- Super Prototype: Due to the special adjustments Takehito gave her.
- Technopath: She can access computers and even satellites with her mind.
- Third-Person Person: Played straight in the original, averted in the dub.
- You Are Number 6: #02
Minato's fourth Sekirei, a proud and bad-tempered woman with control over water. She is the youngest Single Number, and initially holds a deep contempt for Ashikabi to the extent she planned to kill Minato. After he defends her, though, she is deeply moved and agrees to become his wife — considering the other Sekirei his "concubines". She fights constantly with the others for Minato's affection, but also cares deeply for them and considers them her comrades.
Ashikabi: Minato Sahashi
- Animal Motifs: Both in terms of her Expressive Hair and snake-themed attacks.
- Antiquated Linguistics: Speaks in ancient Japanese.
- Badass Arm-Fold: All the time.
- Badass Longcoat: Black with red lining, and often used for dramatic shots.
- Betty and Veronica: She serves as the Veronica to Musubi's Betty for Minato's Archie.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: This is the water of my pledge, purify the evil residing in my Ashikabi.
- Crash-Into Hello: On hers and Minato's very first face to face meet.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Probably the first one to start invoking this trope amongst Minato's harem.
- Combat Stilettos: She's amazingly agile in those high-heeled boots.
- Cute Little Fangs: When she's angry, which is....often.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Often flashes them, to the extent others comment on it.
- Domestic Abuse: Those water blasts pack enough kinetic force to send Minato flying. If Minato was punching Tsukiumi with that kind of force few would find it so amusing.
- Elemental Eye Colors: Blue, to match her element.
- Expressive Hair: It tends to wave around like snakes whenever she's angry.
- Girl of My Dreams: Met Minato in dreams. Threatened to kill him.
- Hair Intakes: She has two intakes in her hair that look like cat ears.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Quick to anger, and quicker to react with violence.
- Honor Before Reason: She sometimes gets so hung up on what is honorable, that she puts herself or others at a disadvantage.
- In-Series Nickname: Ms. Panty Flasher (Kazehana), Walking Tap (Miya), or when Miya's less charitable, "Water Ecstasy Girl."
- Lady of Black Magic: Her fighting style focuses on long-ranged elemental attacks, rather than up-close-and-personal fighting. Avoids Crippling Overspecialization with Water Sword, her only but powerful short range attack.
- The Lancer: To Musubi, contrasting her cheerful innocence.
- Limit Break: Shiomitsu Tama (High Tide Jewels).
- Making a Splash: Her particular power is water.
- Master of Delusion: Completely oblivious to the fact she'd been having breakfast with her rival for months. It took seeing him use his powers, remembering there's only one flame-type Sekirei, and Musubi pointing out their resemblance to make her realize that Kagari and Homura are the same person.
- Meaningful Name: Tsukiumi's name means "Moon Sea".
- Of Corsets Sexy: Built into her coat.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Makes this promise towards Minato, as a romantic guesture.
- Plucky Girl: Brave, strong-willed, and eager for a challenge.
- Proud Warrior Race Girl: Often boasts that it is a Sekirei's duty and honor to fight.
- Rapunzel Hair: One of her most striking features, golden blonde and past her waist.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Musubi's red.
- Self-Proclaimed Love Interest: She refers to herself as Minato's "legitimate wife".
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Initially planned to kill Minato, but she's won over by his concern for her well-being and willingness to stand up for her.
- Stocking Filler: Holds up her stockings with a pair of garters.
- Supreme Chef: Her ability to cook greatly improves by the finale.
- Tsundere: A perfect one at that, a 50/50 balance of Tsun and Dere.
- Tsurime Eyes: To match her proud, aggressive personality.
- Twinkle Smile: Gets one in the anime after meeting Minato's first 3 Sekirei.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: She speaks this way in the Funimation dub, as a Woolseyism way of translating her old-fashioned dialect for English-speaking audiences.
- You Are Number 6: #09
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Minato's fifth Sekirei, a deeply romantic woman that has power over the wind. A shameless flirt, she drinks heavily and enjoys pushing the limits of the rules at Izumo Inn in terms of "indecent behavior". She challenges Minato to prove himself to her, and agrees to become his Sekirei when she witnesses the depth of his love for them. While rarely serious, she is a skilled fighter and one of the strongest Sekirei.
Ashikabi: Minato Sahashi
- Absolute Cleavage: Her dress is slit down past her navel.
- The Ageless: She looks only slightly older than the others, but has been an adult since Homura was an infant.
- The Alcoholic: A heavy drinker, almost always at least a little buzzed. Played for comedy at first, but hinted to have darker elements due to her past.
- Berserk Button: States she only allows three people to talk down to her. Minato, #01, and the president of MBI.
- Beware the Silly Ones: She's flirty, often drunk, and squeals about The Power of Love in the middle of a serious situation. She's also one of the strongest Sekirei, with more combat experience than most put together.
- Blow You Away: A powerful wind elemental.
- Broken Bird: Underneath her Hard-Drinking Party Girl exterior, she's suffering from having her heart broken by the man she loved. Minato becomes her Second Love, helping her to recover from her past heartbreak.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: By the forewinds of my contract, my Ashikabi's dark clouds will be blown away.
- Cherry Blossoms: These are the kinds of petals she summons with her powers.
- Combat Stilettos: Her heels don't look battle-ready, but she's amazingly agile in them.
- Cool Big Sis: Her role in the harem. Minato correctly guesses that she feels this way towards most of the Sekirei, viewing herself as their big sister.
- Dramatic Wind: Brings her own.
- Ethical Slut: Hinted to be one, readily encouraging others to follow their hearts regardless of social expectations/norms, and playfully scolding Minato for worrying about gender and sexuality when it comes to ~love~.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She loves to drink and party, though it isn't clear just how much of it is a front for her issues.
- Hot Wind: Generates her own, almost constantly.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: In the anime. In the manga her figure is less extreme and at least possible, if unlikely. As seen here.
- In-Series Nickname: Public Obscenity (Miya), The Drunk (Mutsu)
- Lady of Black Magic: Her fighting style focuses entirely on long-ranged, wind-based attacks.
- Limit Break: Hana Senpu (Flower Whirlwind). During her fight with Kaie, her Norito attack is called Kamikaze (Flower Beauty Wind).
- Meaningful Name: Kazehana means "Wind Flower".
- Ms. Fanservice: Obvious from the work.
- Naked Apron: Tried this on Minato once. Miya was not pleased.
- One-Woman Army: As a member of the Discipline Squad, she effortlessly destroyed an entire squad of helicopters.
- Petal Power: Part of her wind powers.
- Pretty Freeloaders: When she isn't sleeping in and hung over, she's getting wasted. Either way she's never seen making any useful contributions around Maison Izumo.
- Purple Eyes: Matching her gown and her otherworldly nature.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Much to Miya and Homura's annoyance.
- She's Got Legs: Shown to fantastic effect by her Dangerously Short Skirt and tendency to be shown atop high locations.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She asks Minato to prove himself "a man", but in the end it's his kind heart that wins her over.
- Super Prototype: Due to the special adjustments Takehito gave her.
- The Tease: She loves to tease everyone. No one is safe, except for Miya.
- Walking the Earth: Claims to have done this for a while, but admits it turned into a national Sake taste-testing tour.
- You Are Number 6: #03
- Younger than She Looks: She is, at most, the same age as Minato.
Minato's sixth Sekirei. One of the residents of Izumo Inn, he goes by the alias of "Kagari" and works at a Host Club while concealing his identity as a Sekirei. He also serves as the Sekirei Guardian and wields power over flames, protecting unemerged Sekirei from harassment by humans or attacks by other Sekirei. Stated to be a prototype, his powers are extremely unstable and he has no default gender, though requested to be male. Over time, his body begins to change gender in reaction to Minato and in despair, he attempts to either kill Minaka or himself. After being talked down by Minato and be emerged, he comes to accept himself.
Ashikabi: Minato Sahashi
- Absolute Cleavage: Once he's emerged, he starts wandering around with his shirt unbuttoned very low. An omake features Minato worrying about how Kagari doesn't seem to realize it, and he's not sure where he's supposed to look anymore.
- Aloof Ally: Before becoming Minato's sixth Sekirei.
- Animal Motifs: All his named attacks are themed after snakes or dragons.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: It's...complicated. Homura is introduced as a very handsome young man, but after beginning to react to Minato he starts to turn into a woman. He's still really attractive in his new feminine form.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears one as the Sekirei Guardian.
- Bishōnen: The most popular Host at his club.
- Big Damn Heroes: He is this to unemerged sekirei he saved.
- Broken Bird: His powers and physical sex are highly unstable, which gives him complicated body and gender issues. As a result of this, he believes himself to be broken and plans to murder Minaka or die trying. His suicide attempt is interrupted by Minato, who convinces him to go on living. He's very slowly beginning to get better.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: These are the flames of my pledge, burn the Karma of my Ashikabi.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Completely unable to confess his feelings.
- The Casanova: Before reacting to Minato.
- Compensated Dating: Shown going on one with Takami, in order to make up for the time he took off to protect Kusano.
- Crossdressing Voices: In all languages, even before developing female characteristics. It may have been intended to serve as foreshadowing for his unstable, genderless body.
- Death Seeker: Believed he could not live for himself, and intended to die rather than be Minaka's pawn. Minato talks him out of it, with a bonus Cool Down Hug.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Minato responds by insisting it isn't pity.
- False Reassurance: Homura's infamous "This doesn't interest me at all" line.
- Flawed Prototype: Let's just say he has issues.
- Gayngst: Goes through a lot of emotional problems after he starts reacting to Minato. These only become worse as his body begins to become female as a result of them.
- Gay Option: While he begins developing female characteristics after reacting to Minato, he continues to identify as male, and his relationship with Minato is for all intents and purposes treated as being between two men.
- Gender Bender: Once he began to react to Minato's presence, Homura's body became like that of a female's while retaining his male mind. However, it's heavily implied that the transformation wasn't completed and he retains a certain significant male part.
- Hermaphrodite: Implied. Ever since he began to react to Minato, Homura has gained a feminine body structure and breasts, but he compares himself to a slug (an animal with both sexual organs), and implies that while his overall appearance is female, he still has certain male parts intact.
- Host Club: Works at one, and is their #1 Host.
- Hypocrisy Nod: See Absolute Cleavage above, in the same omake Homura scolded Kazehana for wandering around only in a bathrobe and exposing a good portion of her chest. In case of Kazehana however, her everyday outfit expose as much so it's a wonder why Homura is bothered by her lack of modesty. Homura himself as mentioned above starts buttoning his shirt very low since he became Minato's sixth sekirei. Lampshaded by Minato, the lack of modesty also applies to Homura but for some reason he didn't notice.
- It's ironic, considering that, even before his winging, Homura was one of the characters most prone to pointing out the other Sekireis' lack of modesty.
- If It's You, It's Okay: He wanted to have a female Ashikabi, but ended up reacting to Minato, a man. Homura isn't happy about it and acts quite Tsundere to Minato, but is slowly accepting his feelings for him.
- Incompatible Orientation: A more complicated case than the usual. Since Minato is heterosexual, Homura began to turn into a woman after reacting to him.
- Interrupted Suicide: Refusing to be a trophy in Minaka's "Game", Homura attempted to commit suicide through self-immolation. Minato and his Sekireis arrived just in time to stop him and Minato initiated his emergence, saving his life.
- Ladykiller in Love: Towards Minato.
- Last-Name Basis: Homura still uses Minato's family name, unlike his other Sekirei.
- Leave Me Alone!: Often throws this at Minato, when he tries to help.
- Limit Break: Gouka no Tsubasa (Wings of Conflagration).
- Meaningful Name: Homura simply means "Flame". His alias of "Kagari" also counts, as it was purposefully chosen for its meaning, "Bonfire". He explains it as reflecting his wish to protect and guide unemerged Sekirei. Later, he admits this desire to protect and guide now applies to Minato.
- Mysterious Protector: Was this at first for wingless Sekirei at Takami's request.
- Mystical White Hair: A hint of his true nature, as a Sekirei and a rare elemental type.
- No Biological Sex: Homura had no set gender to begin with. He asked to be adjusted to become a male, but once he began to react to Minato's presence his body took the matter into its own hands.
- The One Guy: While his biological sex is a whole other issue, he identifies as male, and is the only male in Minato's harem.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Tsukiumi and Musubi still fall for it, though.
- Lampshaded by Homura himself that he only wear face mask, and baffled that Tsukiumi didn't recognize him. Which mean to be fair, he didn't mean his Sekirei outfit to hide his identity at all, and most likely the face mask is simply a practical clothing due to his elemental power.
- Playing with Fire: His elemental ability, and stated by Tsukiumi is completely unique among the Sekirei.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to Minato's Sensitive Guy, ironically.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Always dressed in fashionable clothing, and Minato admires him for this.
- The Sixth Ranger: The last to officially join Minato's team.
- Smoking Is Glamorous: His smoking is typically portrayed as part of his allure.
- Transgender Fetishization: Ever since he began to turn into a woman, Homura gets about as much Fanservice scenes as the rest of Minato's haremettes.
- Transparent Closet: He fervently denies it, even though he blush and think about his Ashikabi a lot he readily place the blame on Tsukiumi for infecting him. None of his fellow Sekirei believes him, especially Tsukiumi who feels jealous towards him if he gets too close to Minato and call him cheating for using 'we're both guys' as an excuse to offer Minato his room to rest when the others stole Minato's room.
- Tsundere: Wasting time acting like he doesn't have feelings for Minato. Homura once punches him in the face right after getting all blushy and dere, for crying out loud. It was most severe when he began to react to Minato, but still has shades of it on occasion. He readily blames Tsukiumi for "infecting" him.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He has white hair, and while he's a very heroic person, he has a tendency to be blunt and cold towards others.
- "Which Restroom" Dilemma: There's a Running Gag where he can't decide whether to go in the male or female side of baths or changing rooms.
- You Are Number 6
The landlady of Maison Izumo. Her late husband was the head researcher of the Sekirei Plan, giving her considerable insight into its secrets. She is a skilled swordswoman, and offers training to help improve the skills of Minato's Sekirei.
- The Ageless: She hasn't aged at all in the 20 years since Minaka and Takami found her.
- All-Powerful Bystander: Her neutrality is vital to keeping Karasuba in check.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She gets pretty scary whenever her Demon Head pops up, despite having a nice smile on her face.
- Cool Big Sis: When called a mother figure, she corrects it by stating she's this instead.
- Curtains Match the Window: Purple hair and eyes.
- Demon Head: She is a master of this, able to use it to intimidate over the phone.
- Determined Widow: An adviser to Minato, especially since he's taken up her husband's task.
- The Dreaded: The legendary "Hannya of the North", a being so feared that the North remains relatively peaceful and the various forces controlling the rest of the city normally stay out.
- God's Hands Are Tied: Her neutrality is essential to keeping Karasuba in check.
- God Was My Copilot: Miya keeps her true identity hidden from Minato, Musubi, Kusano, and Tsukiumi for much of the story. After Uzume's termination, she finally reveals herself to Minato and agrees to share all her knowledge with him.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Whenever she's particularly angry. It's played completely for laughs.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: And she certainly does.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: Blushes when Homura confides in her that he might attack and rape Minato's behind.Homura: I'm already at my limit. At this rate even my male side will react, and will I assail that moron's back?
- Hair Color Spoiler: Her lilac hair is one of many hints that she's a Sekirei.
- Harem Nanny: Keeps the antics in Izumo Inn to a minimum, sometimes with threats of physical violence.
- Heartbroken Badass: She remains in mourning for her husband, even years later.
- The High Queen: She is the Queen of the Sekirei, though what exactly this means is unclear. Regardless, once she retired and became a neutral player, she settled into this role.
- Hime Cut: Often with the sides pulled back with a paper tie. When it comes down, worry.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Her signature style, with not a single movement wasted.
- Ill Girl: Once defeated by Musubi and brought back from Kouten, she suffers severe "core poisoning." Matsu theorizes that if she becomes winged, this will pass, but Minato is not the guy to do it.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Her forte, allowing her to perform amazing feats.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for what happened to her husband.
- Katanas Are Just Better: They just ARE.
- Lady of War: An elegant, composed lady who practices Iaijutsu. Everything she does is pure elegance.
- Landlady: And nothing else, isn't that right everyone?
- Lethal Chef: Originally, her cooking was so terrible that Takehito couldn't even swallow. It turns out that Seo taught her how to cook.
- Marry for Love: Miya states she's never been emerged, because her One True Love wasn't an Ashikabi.
- Master Swordsman: THE master swordsman of the series.
- The Mourning After: Still mourns Takehito's death.
- Nice Girl: She's a very loyal ally and friend to her tenants.
- The Nicknamer: Doles them out to her tenants, often unflattering ones.
- One-Woman Army: Sinking aircraft carriers with a single stroke.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: Seo is her favorite target, but few people are safe.
- Past-Life Memories: She possesses all the collective memories of the other 7 pillars from the past, who she states are all her other selves.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Those who know her true identity have stated that if she were to actually fight, the capital would be completely destroyed. Merely speaking to her on the street was enough to make Blood Knight Karasuba so excited that she needed to kill someone RIGHT AWAY.
- Purple Eyes: Hinting she's far more than she seems.
- Purple Is Powerful: Her signature color, in line with her mysterious and regal nature.
- Physical Goddess: The Pillar of the Sekirei, and mistress of Kouten. Takami once told Kusano that #01 was the "queen", but Miya corrects this by stating she's a goddess.
- Razor Wind: Her signature technique back in the day.
- The Red Baron: The "Hannya of the North".
- Retired Badass: Stepped away from the events of the Capitol, choosing to live a quiet and humble life. At least, until Minato and Musubi showed up in her yard.
- Single-Stroke Battle: To Karasuba with her bare hands after learning of her husband's death, though Miya does not finish her off.
- Super Prototype: Even moreso than the others Takehito adjusted.
- Sword Beam: Included in her signature technique back in the day.
- Team Mom: Acts this way towards Minato's group as the landlady.
- Terror Hero: People are genuinely surprised to learn she isn't evil, as her reputation suggests.
- Token Wholesome: Insistent about modesty and very conservatively dressed. Her few scenes that feature nudity are also significantly less gratuitous than those of nearly every other Sekirei.
- Widow Woman: She loves to remind people she's a "beautiful widow" and nothing more. Right?!
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: She's relied on this ever since her retirement.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: In addition to looking the part (see the kimono) Miya has the composed, articulate charm of a classic matron. even while training swordfighters. She can deliver deadly warnings with the same sweet civility.
- You Are Number 6: Originally #00, but renumbered to #01.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or lavender hair, at least.
She is a resident of Izumo Inn, and becomes good friends with Minato and his Sekirei. However, she is being blackmailed by Higa and forced to hunt down other Sekirei in violation of the rules. This double-life weighs heavily on her, and she is desperate to keep her secret from Chiho and her friends. Eventually, she flees Izumo Inn and embraces her role as the Sekirei Hunter. After Minato successfully rescues Chiho, she sacrifices herself to protect her friends. She is revived during the finale.
Ashikabi: Chiho Hidaka
- Affectionate Nickname: Kusano calls her "U-chan".
- Aloof Ally: Attempts to keep her distance from the others, for their own good.
- Ambiguously Bi: While her and Minato are firmly Like Brother and Sister, her teasing makes one wonder...
- Berserk Button: Do not insult Chiho.
- Bury Your Gays: Subverted. Her female Ashibaki, the person she loves the most (despite her Ambiguously Bi leanings) is terminally ill and there's a recurring sense that something bad will happen to one of them. While Chiho is saved, Uzume ends up perfoming a Heroic Sacrifice to save Minato (Musubi in the anime), but she is revived by the end of the manga with her memories intact.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: By the veil of my contract, my Ashikabi's nightmares will be dispelled.
- The Champion: There's nothing she wouldn't do for Chiho's sake.
- Clothing Combat: Her veil doubles as her weapon.
- Combat Stilettos: When wearing her Sekirei gear.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: She has numerous costumes, all worn to entertain Chiho.
- Curtains Match the Window: Golden brown hair and eyes.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: In her Sekirei gear.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: One of her special moves involves doing this literally, by wrapping her target in her veil and then SHREDDING them with thousands of tiny cuts. It's one of the more vicious attacks in the series.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Gets revived, reunited with Chiho and they move back in to House Izumo.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Throws herself in the way to protect Minato (manga) or Musubi (anime).
- Iconic Outfit: Out of all the Sekirei clothes we've seen, from kimonos to battle wear, Uzume is known for pretty much being the most normal-looking Sekirei when not in battle mode. Simple jeans and a shirt, not standing out at all.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Those paper wraps should not be so sturdy with all her flipping and whatnot.
- Just Friends: Her and Minato, despite the teasing and flirting on her part.
- Like Brother and Sister: Her very close relationship to Minato ultimately amounts to this, although some serious flirting and teasing have taken place with Minato.
- Magical Girlfriend: To Chiho.
- No Hugging, No Kissing: Her relationship with Chiho is relatively subdued, at least physically. Considering Chiho's extremely weak health, this makes some sense.
- Paper Cutting: With her veil, in particular when she attempts to intimidate Minato into getting out of her way.
- The Red Baron: The Veiled Sekirei, The Sekirei Hunter
- Stepford Smiler: She tries very hard to present a cheerful front to others, especially Chiho. Chiho, however, points out that their bond means she knows Uzume is really crying.
- The Tease: She have a tendency to flirt with Minato as a part of her fun sometimes.
- Tears of Joy: When reunited with Chiho.
- Under Boobs: In her Sekirei garb.
- Woman in White: As the Veiled Sekirei.
- You Are Number 6: #10
The Discipline Squad is a specialized unit used by MBI to enforce the rules of the Sekirei Plan. Their membership has changed over the years, but their purpose in eliminating threats remains the same. They are the primary antagonists of the series.
An MBI clerk for the pharmaceutical department and Ashikabi of the Disciplinary Squad. He is a deeply cynical person, and harbors a deep hatred of the world because of the death of his lover, a military doctor. To most, he comes across as casual and unconcerned about the events taking place around him, with his true intentions known only to Karasuba.
Sekirei: Karasuba, Benitsubasa, Haihane
- Adaptation Dye-Job: A brunette in the anime, but his hair is white in the manga.
- Bishōnen: Well-dressed and very easy on the eyes.
- Cool Car: He likes to take rides in it with Karasuba.
- Despair Event Horizon: The death of his lover.
- Dissonant Serenity: Nothing fazes him, and he keeps smiling cheerfully whether his life is in danger or his Sekirei are brutally slaughtering their victims.
- Faux Affably Evil: He seems very friendly and polite. However, it's all a cover for how utterly empty inside he is.
- HeelFace Turn: Once the Sekirei Plan concludes, he, Benitsubasa, and Haihane turn good, with Natsuo striking a friendship with Minato.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Completely cold and dispassionate.
- It Amused Me: Responded to Karasuba's request to help her destroy the world was, "Sure, why not?". She describes him as a whimsical man.
- The Mourning After: His lover was a military doctor, killed in action. As a result, he's given up on the world.
- Mr. Exposition: A source of valuable information when Minato first meets him, revealing just why attacking an Ashikabi is forbidden by the rules.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: He casually wonders why Minato doesn't kill him, since doing so would eliminate the Discipline Squad and remove much of MBI's power over the Sekirei.
- Non-Action Guy: As typical of an Ashikabi, he sits back and lets his Sekirei do all the killing.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: As befits a representative of the company.
- Stepford Smiler: A more low-key example. He seems cheerful and carefree, but he's really dead inside and just waiting for the world to end.
- The Stoic: He doesn't show much genuine emotion, unconcerned about the carnage and chaos that go on around him.
- Straight Gay: Much to Benitsubasa's frustration.
- Synchronization: Karasuba forcefully ripping out her wings really took a toll to Natsuo.
- The Tease: Playfully strings Benitsubasa along, giving her an Affectionate Nickname and doing absolutely nothing to discourage her from being a Hopeless Suitor.
- While Rome Burns: It doesn't matter what kind of chaos the Sekirei Plan has caused or currently causing. He remains calm and isn't bothered. He's angry at the world and no longer cares what happens to it.
- White Hair, Black Heart: In the manga, describing himself as "empty" and genuinely unconcerned about the horror Karasuba intends to unleash on the world. Subverted Trope after he realizes he isn't alone anymore.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Karasuba offered him the means to destroy the world he hates, during his Despair Event Horizon.
- You Are Not Alone: He comes to realize this was the purpose behind Minaka assigning Benitsubasa and Haihane to him, providing him with two Sekirei that would eventually help push him past his despair.
The "Black Sekirei", and longtime member of the Discipline Squad. She is the primary antagonist of the series, and fully intends to destroy humanity if she claims victory. An incredibly skilled swordswoman, she is feared by other Sekirei as a monster because of her strength and blood lust. She longs for the end of the Sekirei Plan, and actively encourages Musubi to become strong enough to challenge her in the final battle.
Ashikabi: Natsuo Ichinomiya
- The Ageless: She looks the same age as other Sekirei, but was an adult when all the others were still infants.
- Arch-Enemy: Eagerly awaiting the day that she becomes this to Musubi.
- Ax-Crazy: Death, destruction, and suffering are her bread and butter.
- BFS: Her nodachi.
- Blood Is the New Black: Played straight, and also used for comedy. She's often left splattered with blood after dealing with targets, and a side story parodies this with Musubi's flashback of a Super-Deformed Karasuba coming to tell her about the new Hot Springs that just opened. Arrows point to splatters of blood, noting it to be from her victims.
- Blood Knight: She lives to take on strong opponents, which is the only reason she keeps Musubi around as a Morality Pet. She's grooming her to be an opponent worthy of the Final battle.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: This is the Blade of my Pledge. Exterminate the sworn enemies of my Ashikabi!
- Close-Call Haircut: Ends up losing her long hair, when she narrowly escapes Kaho's Norito. Since she's pragmatic to the extreme, she uses her coat and lost hair as a decoy....
- Coat Cape: She wears her grey coat this way, as did most of the original Discipline Squad.
- Combat Sado Masochist: Excited by killing, as well as the very idea of facing opponents capable of killing her. She discusses almost dying at Miya's hands as something positive, and longs to experience it again.
- Convenient Coma: Even after the "game" is over, she is still "terminated" because she ripped out her own core, and even Kouten can't revive her.
- Dodge the Bullet: Shown to be able to dodge automatic weapon fire at close range, in both the anime's prologue and the Kamikura island flashback. She does it while wearing a full-on Slasher Smile.
- The Dreaded: Everyone fears her. EVERYONE. That Musubi gets along with her shocks many.
- Driven to Suicide: She goaded Takehito into making his Heroic Sacrifice, by asking if he intended to abandon the Sekirei. He took the bait.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: She openly cannot comprehend The Power of Love that drives other Sekirei, and expresses disgust upon sensing positive emotions through her bond with Natsuo.
- Eyes Always Shut: Only early on though.
- Faux Affably Evil: She comes across as very nice most of the time. It's probably because she's thinking about killing everyone around her.
- For the Evulz: She doesn't seem to have any reason for doing things other than because she loves destruction.
- Four Is Death: And few people survive an encounter with Sekirei #04.
- Gray Eyes: Signifying how cold, uncaring and dangerous she is.
- Hero Killer: The only time anyone has survived facing her was either because they managed to escape, or she lost interest in them. With the one exception of Miya...
- Idiot Hair: An evil example.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: She can dodge bullets at close range, slice and dice with amazing precision, and stop a full charge within a second.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Her main weapon of choice.
- Lady of War: An antagonistic version of this trope. And her reason for fighting is simply "to watch the world burn". Classy...
- Limit Break: Mei no Tachi - Kuon (Blade of the Underworld - Eternal Rage). Her Norito is revealed to actually be quite weak, due to lacking any emotional bond with her Ashikabi.
- Made of Evil: Kaho suggests this may be her true nature.
- The Lost Lenore: To Yume. It's heavily implied that she doesn't love Yume because of her immense power but to her idealism.
- Master Swordsman: Her primary ability as a Sekirei.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: And the Genre Savvy people do.
- Omnicidal Maniac: She wants to watch the world burn and loves killing.
- One-Woman Army: Once left a pile of corpses for Yume to see, after slaughtering human soldiers.
- Psycho for Hire: Really the one reason she's still on the Discipline Squad.
- Psycho Lesbian: Obsessed with Yume, and by extension, Musubi. Further hinted at, when Natsuo talks about his deceased lover. His comments about "hating the world where the person he loves no longer exists" makes her think of Yume.
- Red Baron: The Black Sekirei.
- The Rival: To Musubi (or more accurately, to Yume).
- Scars Are Forever: Hints at the existence of a scar left from when she almost died at Miya's hands.
- Single-Stroke Battle: Dishes these out like candy. She was once on the receiving end of one thanks to Miya, who did it with her BARE HANDS. Karasuba recalls it fondly and wants to experience that "fear and pain" again.
- Slasher Smile: When she gets worked up.
- The Social Darwinist: Her hatred of humans is based on them being "weak". Similarly, she once tried to kill Kaho as a small child, because she considers weak Sekirei useless.
- Super Prototype: Due to the special adjustments given to her by Takehito.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She seems to be incredibly fond of apples. At one point, she brings a basket of them to Musubi and offers her one with a creepy smile.
- Villain Respect: After Kaho gave her a tough fight, where even after using her Norito, she had to turn to fighting dirty to win, she stops, looks upon Kaho and promises to never forget her name again. Now remember that the reason she forgot Kaho in the first place, is that she considered Kaho a pathetic weakling for not being able to protect herself from armed soldiers as a small child.
- White Hair, Black Heart: An androgynous, female example.
- Worthy Opponent: How she feels towards Yume. She wants to fight Musubi for this very reason since she posseses Yume's Tama.
- You Are Number 6: #04
- You Should Have Died Instead: Really loses it when Yume sacrificed her Tama to save Musubi, in which Karasuba blames the latter upon the former's death. She gets over it at the beginning of the series... until the final match in which Karasuba learns the consequences of that assimilation between Musubi's and Yume's Tamas.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Known by the title of the "Red Sekirei". She has a vicious temper, as well as serious insecurities about her figure, and enjoys causing pain to her opponents. A close-combat fighter, her abilities allow her to cause massive destruction. Completely in denial of her Ashikabi's sexuality, she is often the butt of her squadmate's jokes. After the battle on the bridge, she becomes obsessed with killing Musubi.
Ashikabi: Natsuo Ichinomiya
- A-Cup Angst: Don't tell her she's on the itty bitty titty committee.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Shijime, who calls her "Beni-ko" and glomps her.
- Badass Decay: Invoked in the second phase along with Haihane.
- Bokukko: She uses the boyish pronoun "boku" and a very masculine language.
- Butt-Monkey: Often on the receiving end of comedic violence and taunts.
- Combat Pragmatist: She'll cheat in a heartbeat to win.
- Cure Your Gays: She's convinced she can cure Natsuo with her pure love.
- Curtains Match the Window: Pink hair and eyes.
- Evil Counterpart: To Musubi - though they're both hand-to-hand fighters, Benitsubasa's (relative) intelligence and viciousness forms a polar opposite contrast to Musubi's ditziness and sweetness.
- Evil Redhead: Cruel, spiteful, and just plain mean.
- Flower in Her Hair: A hairclip with two flowers.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Hers is even worse than Tsukiumi's, and she's definitely a lot more sadistic.
- HeelFace Turn: Once the Sekirei Plan concludes, she, Natsuo, and Haihane turn good, though she still holds some animosity towards Musubi, waiting for her to return for a rematch.
- Hopeless Suitor: Utterly in denial over the fact that her Ashikabi is gay, and will never fall in love with her.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: She's expressed the desire to murder Karasuba and Haihane, so she can have Natsuo all to herself.
- The Nicknamer: Variously refers to Musubi as "boobsy", "big breasted bimbo", "the big breasted woman" and "the girl with the pneumatic knockers".
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Enjoys dishing them out to other Sekirei. Her first battle with Musubi is particularly difficult to watch, for both the characters and the audience.
- Red Baron: The Red Sekirei.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Haihane's blue. She's even referred to as "The Red Sekirei".
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: A villainous example, being of the passionate variety.
- Say It with Hearts: Her speech bubbles often include a star when she's in a vicious mood, and her called attacks include them as well.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: As a member of the Discipline Squad, she enforces the rules, among which is "Sekirei can not kill Ashikabi." She has tried to kill Ashikabi on several occasions.
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Haihane.
- Unknown Rival: Has an intense hatred of Musubi, who basically forgets that she exists after their first battle.
- Villain Decay: A brutal and vicious fighter during her introduction, she goes on to become one of the series' most predominant Butt Monkeys.
- Why Won't You Die?: To Musubi, during their first battle. This results in an extended and absolutely brutal No-Holds-Barred Beatdown, since Musubi kept getting up.
- You Are Not Alone: She declares that she will never allow Natsuo to die, making him realize the true purpose of her being assigned as his Sekirei was to show him this and help him find the will to go on living.
- You Are Number 6: #105
Known by the title of the "Blue Sekirei". She is far more laidback than Benitsubasa, and takes any opportunity to mock her over her various shortcomings. Her weapon is a pair of clawed gauntlets, and her body is covered in scars from injuring herself on multiple occasions. Unlike her partner, she is an intelligent and level-headed fighter....as well as completely aware of their Ashikabi's sexuality. She claims to simply admire his personality, but is extremely protective of him and easily flustered when he mentions kissing.
Ashikabi: Natsuo Ichinomiya
- Amusing Injuries: Prone to these.
- Badass Decay: Invoked in the second phase along with Benitsubasa.
- Bandage Babe: Covered from her neck down in bandages. The checkup side story shows she's covered in scars.
- Beady-Eyed Loser: Beady-eyed and unkempt, making her look slightly plain.....at least by Sekirei standards.
- Blinding Bangs: One of her eyes is usually hidden under her bangs.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Gets totally shitfaced just from inhaling the fumes from alcohol, let alone actually drinking.
- Combat Pragmatist: Not above cheap shots or cheating to win.
- Covered with Scars: Apparantly the reason she wears all those bandages...
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: Usually shadowed further by her hair.
- Deadpan Snarker: A fountain of snark, especially concerning Benitsubasa.
- Evil Counterpart: To Tsukiumi - though they both fight with bladed weapons, Haihane's level-headedness and underhanded tactics form a stark contrast to Tsukiumi's temper and chivalry.
- High-Pressure Blood: Whenever she's injured.
- HeelFace Turn: Once the Sekirei Plan concludes, she, Benitsubasa, and Natsuo turn good.
- Ironic Fear: Afraid of heights. When questioned by Benitsubasa, she claims to only remember her phobia when not fighting.
- Load-Bearing Villain: Shields Natsuo from a collapsing building, and cheerfully states that she protected him.....while bleeding profusely.
- Noodle Incident: We never find out how she obtained the extensive scars all across her body.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Her beady and tired-looking eyes make her stand out when alongside the other Sekirei, and cause her to look creepy and (comparatively) less attractive.
- Only Sane Woman: In spite of her creepiness, she is actually the most emotionally stable and sensible of Natsuo's Sekirei.
- Perky Goth: Though creepy looking, she's actually laid back and comical.
- Red Baron: The Blue Sekirei.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Benitsubasa's red. She's even referred to as "The Blue Sekirei".
- Slave Collar: Wears one.
- The Stoic: Doesn't ever seem to be particularly interested in anything.
- Super Drowning Skills: Her claws make it impossible for her to swim, resulting in several near drownings.
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Benitsubasa.
- Villain Ball: Invoked by Benitsubasa in-universe; "you're so useless today!"
- Villain Decay: A legitimately terrifying opponent during her introduction, she goes on to mostly serve as comic relief.
- White Hair, Black Heart: She enjoys her role as one of MBI's enforcers, showing no mercy to fellow Sekirei or even humans. Subverted Trope when she, Natsuo, and Benitsubasa have a HeelFace Turn.
- Wolverine Claws: Her clawed gauntlets.
- You Are Number 6: #104
A pharmaceutical company that rose dramatically in prominence roughly twenty years ago, thanks to the discovery of the Sekirei. Utilizing the technology discovered on the crashed vessel, it has become an incredibly powerful company and owns almost everything in the capitol. With their own private military force and the Discipline Squad, the company has almost unlimited resources and command of the city. It oversees the care and maintence of the Sekirei, as well as forcing them to participate in the Sekirei Plan.
The eccentric chairman and founder of MBI, and the father of Minato and Yukari. Hiroto has completely taken over the city with MBI in order to implement Sekirei Plan in which all Sekirei and their Ashikabi must participate.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: Attempting to be this, prior to discovering the Sekirei.
- Affably Evil: Minaka. Dude might be the power mad head of MBI, but dude's got style.
- He's willing to use MBI's resources to save the fatally ill Chiho. He may have some ulterior motive regardless of what happens, but he's not all bad.
- He also appears to have genuinely cared about Takehito and has thus far honored his request to not involve Miya in the Sekirei Plan.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the series who is behind the entire Sekirei Plan, controlling everything.
- Big Entrance: Hanging from a rope ladder, extended from an MBI helicopter. ....it turns out it's Actually a Doombot, which warns that is about to explode. Homura cannot resist the chance to Kill It with Fire anyway.
- Biseinen: He looks about the same as the rest of the male cast (attractive), despite having two fully grown children.
- Bumbling Dad: Minaka has shown interest in meeting his children, Yukari at least, in a rather bumbling and loving manner.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Sports one often.
- The Chess Master: The head of the Sekirei Plan, literally using everyone involved as his game pieces.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The corrupt corporate executive of the series. He can pretty much do whatever he wants, due to his power and influence.
- Crazy-Prepared: Escape hatches? Robotic messengers? An emergency escape rocket? He apparently keeps stuff around just in case he gets a chance to use them.
- Diabolical Mastermind: He always seems one step ahead of everyone else, with everything playing into his game.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He genuinely cares about Takami, and has expressed interest in being a father to Yukari and Minato, despite Takami's objections.
- Evil Laugh: He loves to do this one. Lampshaded in the anime, when his laugh tapers off to coughing when he pushes it too far.
- Faux Affably Evil: His initially chummy demeanor masks his sinister true nature as a Mad Scientist.
- Fiction 500: His company is one.
- Game Master: Fancies himself one.
- Half-Human Hybrid: His Sekirei ancestry is what allowed him to enter and reactivate the crashed Sekirei ship.
- It Amused Me: Pretty much his reason for doing anything.
- Large Ham: Especially during his speeches.
- Law Enforcement, Inc.: Turned MBI into this when he took control of Tokyo and all authority.
- Let No Crisis Go to Waste: Takes full advantage of the Bridge escape to justify stricter control of the capital, claiming it to be a "terrorist attack".
- Locked into Strangeness: Flashbacks show that he, along with Takami, had black hair before they found the Sekirei ship.
- Mad Scientist: To the core. Everything he does seems to be for his own amusement and SCIENCE, with no concern for the morality of his actions.
- Man in White: Dresses in all white.
- Mega-Corp: MBI and his control over it and Tokyo.
- Nice Shoes: Hidden platforms in his boots, to make him look taller.
- Non-Action Big Bad: He's not a fighter at all, relying on his soldiers and the Discipline Squad to handle all violent matters.
- Older Than He Looks: He looks older than most of the male characters, but not old enough to have two adult children.
- Parental Abandonment: It is shown that he hasn't been in touch with his children for years or never met them to begin with. He has shown interest in knowing how Yukari turned out to be, but Takami doesn't want him near their kids.
- This Page Will Self-Destruct: A life-like robot states this after delivering a message to the heroes. Homura takes the chance to Kill It with Fire on reflex.
- Touched by Vorlons: He and Takami discovered something during their researches. It also gave them white hair.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: He's a Large Ham who rarely acts seriously, whereas Minato is quiet, emotional and very serious.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Beneath his eccentric behavior is a ruthless individual toying with the hearts and lives of human and Sekirei alike.
- The Wonka: Eccentric, but undeniably brilliant and ruthless.
The mother of Minato and Yukari, MBI's head researcher, and the person in charge of the Sekirei Plan. She often expresses disapproval over how Hiroto is going about the plan.
- Anger Born of Worry: She often gets upset with Minato because she doesn't want him to end up like his father.
- Brutal Honesty: She's often blunt whenever she criticizes Minato for disappointing her.
- Dragon-in-Chief: While Minaka is the titular head of MBI, she's the one who really runs the show, although she will obey his orders even when she strongly disagrees with them.
- Eye Scream: A flashback shows that one of Mikogami's sekirei, Yomi, slashed one of her eyes with a scythe while trying to kidnap Kusano, leaving her grievously wounded and traumatizing the young sekirei. While Minaka may overlook this, she does not, and the final chapters show that she is quite bitter about it. Mikogami remains completely unrepentant, only realizing that she hates him but utterly refusing to admit he was wrong.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: A single line down her face.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Like Minaka and her children, she's a descendant of ancient Sekirei and she inherited their traits.
- Hot Scientist: And a hot mom to boot.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Minaka is her superior, but she's far more competent than he will ever be, and she knows it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Even though she's often tough on Minato, Takami's a good-hearted mother underneath it all.
- Knight Templar Parent: She doesn't want Minato to mention her relationship with Minaka, because she doesn't want him to Turn Out Like His Father.
- Locked into Strangeness: Flashbacks show that she, along with Minaka, had black hair before they found the Sekirei ship.
- Mysterious Parent: Her own children don't know much about her.
- Older Than They Look: She looks thirty at the oldest despite her oldest child being in his twenties.
- Parental Abandonment: Well, she didn't abandon her kids per se, but Minato mentions that she worked a lot, so both him and his sister didn't get to spend much time with her. When we do see her, she clearly has a lot going on since she works for MBI.
- Properly Paranoid: She refuses to tell her children that Minaka is their father under any circumstances. As it turns out, Minaka is the main villain in the series.
- Scars Are Forever: She's left with a scar down her face, after being attacked by Yomi.
- Secret Relationship: Minaka is the father of her children, and is forbidden from joining the Sahashi family or telling anyone he's their father.
- Slasher Smile: Now we know where Yukari got it.
- Smoking Is Cool/Smoking Is Glamorous: Frequently shown smoking, playing up how cool she is. When dressed up for a night on the town, she immediately has Homura give her a light.
- So Proud of You: She's genuinely proud of Minato for standing up to her. But she gleefully has him arrested anyway.
- Team Mom: To the Sekirei she adjusted.
- Touched by Vorlons: She and Minaka discovered something during their researches. It also gave them white hair.
- Tough Love: Takami is harsh towards Minato for being unable to deal with pressure, but she does it out of love.
- Troll: After Tsukiumi spent all night by Minato's hospital bed, after the Bridge incident, Takami asks Tsukiumi "shouldn't you be addressing me as 'Mother' by now?" and when Tsukiumi complies due to her extreme dedication to proper manners, Takami then turns away and proclaims she was just kidding. It took Minato restraining her to keep Tsukiumi from blasting Takami through a wall with water pressure.
- Years Too Early: When Minato calls her out, she captures him and proudly tells him that he's "100 years" too early to do that.
Miya's late husband and Seo's best friend. A researcher of the MBI, he was the discoverer of the emerging system, Norito, and the existence of the Ashikabi. He was the adjuster of the first generation Disciplinary Squad ( Miya, Matsu, Kazehana, Karasuba, and Mutsu), Homura, Uzume, Hikari, and Hibiki. After witnessing the destructive power of the first generation, he comes to doubt the intentions of Minaka and the change of the S-Plan from scientific study to a battle royale. He eventually comes to oppose the Sekirei Plan, but died stopping an out-of-control Jinki and was never to see his plans through. Seo was given an unspecified task by him, and Miya continues to carry on his will.
- The Atoner: He was attempting to be this, before his death.
- Bishōnen: Youthful and incredibly handsome.
- Convenient Coma: Turns out he didn't die but instead was "terminated" when the Jinky went out of control. Minato is currently struggling to try and wake him.
- Demon Head/Looming Silhouette of Rage: Miya apparently learned it from him.
- Go Out with a Smile: Went out with a smile, after apologizing to Miya.
- Happily Married: Was to Miya in the little we know about him.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrificed himself to save everyone trapped in MBI's main headquarters.
- Driven to Suicide: Karasuba goaded him into it, smiling the whole time.
- The Lost Lenore: To Miya.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Regretted making the first five Sekireis so powerful and his involvement in the Sekirei Plan which he was against.
- Posthumous Character: He's been presumed dead for years by the time of the series, making all his appearances flashbacks.
- Retirony: He wanted to start a family, and had quit MBI....then he got a call to go help them out one last time. He tells Miya it'll be fine, and he'll be back soon. He never makes it home.
- Someone Has to Die: He felt he was the logical choice, being the only normal human in range of the Jinki.
- Sorry That I'm Dying: Apologized to Miya prior to dying.
- Take Up My Sword: Minato has unknowingly taken up his goals, thanks in no small part to grooming by Miya and Seo. Seo also seems to have been charged with a yet-to-be-revealed task.
- Tragic Dream: He longed to free Miya, and all the other Sekirei as well. Since he wasn't an Ashikabi, freeing Miya was impossible for him and his death prevented him from doing more than laying the foundation for Minato.
The Ashikabi of the South. A wealthy and spoiled teenager, he is known as a collector of Sekirei and aggressively pursues any target that catches his interest. While extremely cunning and ruthless, he is also very childish and treats the Sekirei Plan like a very exciting game rather than a serious life-and-death conflict. Because of this, he tends to stick to the rules and will step in to prevent others from cheating.
Sekirei: Mutsu, Akitsu, Yomi, Mitsuha, Mitsuki, Taki, Himeko, Juusa, and Momo
- Abduction Is Love: Infamous for aggressively pursuing Sekirei, and forcefully winging them. It's unclear how many of his Sekirei were victims, but the trope is played straight in that they all seem genuinely fond of him.
- Abusive Parents: Possibly, in that they're stated to be extremely controlling and threatened to send him off to live alone on the other side of the planet again if he misbehaves a second time.
- Adopt the Dog: Invoked in-universe with his relationship with Mutsu, as he's explicitly compared to an "abandoned dog" that Mutsu picked up. In turn, his relationship with Akitsu is one big Pet the Dog moment.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Miko-sama", by most of his Sekirei.
- Ambiguously Bi: Ignores his harem of attractive female Sekirei, but expresses interest in whether the male one will react if "kissed anywhere else".
- Anti-Villain: His later development makes him into a Type II, in contrast to his first appearance.
- Ascended Fanboy: An avid gamer playing a real life game! He's the only one thrilled whenever Minaka announces some new rule or twist.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: His Sekirei note his tendency to be easily distracted by anything new, interesting, or rare.
- Benevolent Boss: Of the Affably Evil variety, if Hikari's complaints about his Sekirei are anything to go by. Turns out to be true, as his response to Mitsuha's termination is to immediately fret over Akitsu and then order everyone to be careful.
- Big Fancy House: A western-styled mansion, filled with his collection of Pretty Freeloaders.
- Bishōnen: Hikari and Hibiki even comment on his looks, as one of the many things about the Southern Sekirei that make them jealous.
- Blithe Spirit: His stated intention if he were to win, as he considers the world too restricting and unexciting.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He's much younger than the other Ashikabi, and seems to actively attempt to get on their nerves.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In an otherwise ordinary side story, he yells at the narration to shut up.
- Break the Haughty: He goes into his match with Sanada confident, but quickly finds himself helplessly watching his Sekirei get slaughtered in rapid succession.
- Characterization Marches On: At first, ruthless and cruel with his Face Framed in Shadow. Subsequent appearances portray him to be extremely cunning, but also hyperactive and easily distracted by anything he considers exciting.
- Classic Villain: In his first appearance. Later on, not so much.
- Closet Key: Bisexual-variant, for Mutsu.
- The Collector: His reputation proceeds him as a collector of Sekirei.
- The Dandy: Just look at him.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: He states that prior to meeting Mutsu, his life was empty and he always longed for "something amazing" to happen to him.
- Ditzy Genius: He's book smart, and able to outwit adults.....but he's also got ZERO common sense.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Expresses disgust at how Higa treats his Sekirei like disposable things, and wonders if he actually hates them.
- Fair-Play Villain: Generally, he considers it important to stick to the rules of the Sekirei Plan. This brings him into direct opposition with the East, since Higa continually cheats.
- Freudian Excuse: His relationship with his parents is....poor at best. His parents' treatment made him feel like he had no control over his own life, leaving him deeply resentful of the world and terrified of further abandonment. As a result, he calls his defeated Sekirei "useless" and claims to hate them, since they abandoned him.
- Gotta Catch Them All: Approaches the Sekirei Plan like a game of Pokemon.Mikogami: It's a natural element! It's fire! It's rare! I want one!
- Hates Being Alone: So he's filled his home with as many Sekirei as possible.
- Hidden Depths: Easily one of the most complex characters in the series.
- How Dare You Die on Me!: His anger towards his terminated Sekirei is actually this, as he states they abandoned him.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Shares his mansion with nearly a dozen Sekirei.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: And he cites his intelligence as one of the reasons he could never make friends.
- It's All About Me: He's fairly self-centered, and primarily concerned with his own enjoyment of the "Game".
- Jerkass: Arrogant, bratty, and utterly ruthless when it comes to getting what he wants. He's prone to insulting rival Ashikabi, and considers most people stupid.
- Jumped at the Call: He's an enthusiastic participant in the Sekirei Plan, having finally gotten the chance to live a more exciting life.
- Karma Houdini Warranty: He seems to have escaped punishment for the attack on Takami, possibly because this allowed the "Green Girl" game to occur. However, his karma eventually does catches up to him later on. Sanada's real Amazon Brigade slaughter almost all his Sekirei in a matter of moments, with Akitsu sacrificing herself to defeat them.
- Keet: Veers into this on occasion, especially when something exciting happens.
- Last-Name Basis: His butler is the only one who calls him by his personal name, Hayato.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Ignored by his parents, and completely friendless until he met Mutsu.
- Manic Pixie Dream Guy: To Mutsu.
- Man in White: Usually dressed in his fancy, all-white suit with gold accents.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: His first few appearances suggest this, but it's quickly blown out the window when it's revealed he's simply a bratty teenager.
- Moral Myopia: He's not above crossing lines to get what he wants, such as attacking other Ashikabi in his quest to obtain a new Sekirei. However, he reacts poorly to slights against him, even ordering Mutsu to take care of Yukari after she hits him.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: "I broke the ship!" The ship was damaged during his match against Sanada, allowing a military force to launch an invasion of Kamikura Island.
- Non-Action Guy: He claims to know "self-defense". He doesn't.
- Off to Boarding School: It's mentioned that his parents punished him for acting up in the past by sending him to live by himself in America for a while. This seems to have been their version of grounding him.
- Old Retainer: His caretaker and driver, Hasegawa. He seems to think the Sekirei are his master's "friends".
- Only Friend: During his battle with Sanada, he describes his Sekirei as the only friends he's ever had.
- Parental Abandonment: States his parents have always ignored him, other than when he got into trouble or proved useful in raising their status.
- Please Don't Leave Me: While hanging on to Mutsu's Scarf Of Asskicking.
- Princely Young Man: He's very wealthy.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Described by Mutsu as his "abandoned dog" expression. It is super-effective against him.
- The Red Baron: "Mikogami of the South", in acknowledgement of his control of the southern portion of the city.
- The Rival: While all of the Ashikabi are in competition with each other, he tends to be Minato's most direct and consistent opponent. He also possesses a fairly strong moral code and is willing to work alongside Minato in more dangerous situations, making the two of them have a much more cordial relationship compared to most other Ashikabi.
- Rescue Romance: Mutsu rescued him from a violent mugging, though the "romance" part is still unclear.
- Rich Boredom: Expresses that he hated his dull and uneventful life, prior to joining the Sekirei Plan.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Mutsu's Manly Man.
- Shoo the Dog: To Akitsu, telling her that since she's not really his Sekirei, she doesn't have to fight for him anymore. While she initially fears that she's being discarded again, he makes it clear that isn't the case.
- Spoiled Brat: The "lavished with material goods in place of affection" variant.
- Stalker with a Crush: To any Sekirei he decides he wants, such as Kusano and Shiina.
- Teen Genius: Already a college graduate at the age of 15.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers an extremely effective one to Higa.
- Tsurime Eyes: To match his temperamental personality.
- Villainous Rescue: Rescues Minato and his Sekirei when they're ambushed by Uzume, forcing her to retreat. He later shows up during the assault on Izumo Inn, sending Mutsu to protect Miya and eventually forcing Higa to retreat after lecturing him on his failure as an Ashikabi.
- Walking the Earth: In chapter 184, he winds up searching the world for clues about Sekirei, joined by a large group of his own Sekirei. He is shown to be happier than ever, as he gets to live out his dreams of adventure.
A reserved and serious swordsman, as well as one of the few male Sekirei. He is one of the founding members of the Discipline Squad, and now serves as the bodyguard for the Ashikabi of the South, Mikogami. More often than not, he serves as a Voice of Reason and attempts to keep his master out of harm's way, a duty that has thus far kept him out of battle. He is noted by his former allies as being a difficult person to get to know, but is deeply devoted to his young master and turns out to be surprisingly kind, even to his enemies.
Ashikabi: Hayato Mikogami
- Absolute Cleavage: A male example.
- Adopt the Dog: An in-universe example: Miya expresses surprise at him settling down after being emerged. Mutsu even describes it as losing to Mikogami's "abandoned puppy" expression.
- The Ageless: Appears the same age as most Sekirei, but he was fully grown when even Homura was still an infant.
- Aloof Ally: Veers into this when interacting with the original Disciplinary Squad.
- Bishōnen: Tall, handsome, thin as a rail.
- Bodyguard Crush: Implied.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Mikogami's bodyguard and caretaker, whether it's keeping him from starting fights they can't win or lecturing him about his bed time.
- Dishing Out Dirt: The Sekirei of Earth, powerful enough that Mikogami considers him a game-breaker. He uses his Limit Break to raise new islands from the ocean floor, stabilizing the ship in the process.
- The Drifter: How he met Mikogami.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Implied. He states he would have preferred to be emerged by a "pretty lady", but accepts that Mikogami is the one that called him.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Though he rarely draws it, using the scabbard instead.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Usually by carrying Mikogami off before he can do something foolish.
- Lean and Mean: Subverted. A tall, thin antagonist in black.....who turns out to be a pretty nice guy without any malicious intentions. He, along with Akitsu, are the only Southern Sekirei that aren't Jerkasses.
- Magical Boyfriend: Answered Mikogami's wish to meet someone amazing.
- Master Swordsman: Though he rarely draws it, the anime shows him to be able to take on Karasuba and live.
- Mr. Fanservice: Art Evolution has resulted in greater focus being given to just how low his shirt hangs open, and how chiseled his abs are.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: He frequently complains about Mikogami, but is willing to kill for him in a heartbeat. The only orders he won't carry out are the ones that will endanger Mikogami.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Blows open a hole in the ship's hull, disabling the defense system for Kamikura Island. This allows a military force to launch an invasion of the island.
- Nice Shoes: His geta.
- Noble Top Enforcer: He's honorable and actually quite kind, though fully devoted to his master.
- The One Guy: On the original Discipline Squad. His experience with the other members leads him to express his sympathy to Homura.
- One-Man Army: During his days in the Discipline Squad, he decimated dozens of tanks with a single attack.
- Only Sane Man: He's reached the "Bitter Sarcasm" stage.
- Samurai: Heavily invokes this aesthetic, being a noble Master Swordsman devoted to a wealthy master.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: A yellow one.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to Mikogami's Sensitive Guy.
- Servile Snarker: Quick to call Mikogami on his mistakes, but devoted to him all the same.
- Shockwave Stomp: Uses his scabbard to smash the ground, suggesting that he may have earth-related powers.
- The Stoic: Relatively calm and reasonable, in contrast to his many overly emotional companions.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Though normally distant and cold, later chapters have revealed a more gentle side to him.
- Super Prototype: Due to the special adjustments given to him by Takehito.
- Tsundere: Generally acts like an annoyed babysitter towards Mikogami, but faithfully recognizes him as his Ashikabi.
- With Friends Like These...: Towards Matsu and Kazehana. He has several unflattering nicknames for them.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: He states he's got no interest in killing girls. This would put him at a serious disadvantage, since almost all Sekirei are female......but his strength means he rarely has to fight seriously.
- You Are Number 6: #05
Akitsu *discarded* #07
A Sekirei that was discarded, after her tuning failed. She is not considered officially part of the Sekirei Plan, but considers Mikogami her master after he took her in. Quiet and subdued, she often forgets to wear her underwear but is one of Mikogami's most trusted and powerful Sekirei alongside Mutsu.
Ashikabi: Hayato Mikogami (unofficially) Officially after being emerged
- Absolute Cleavage: And it seemed to get larger with the progression of the series.
- Black Sheep: Her role as being scrapped.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Escaped MBI wearing nothing but a lab coat and a man's shirt, splattered in blood. It was not her own blood.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: This is the ice of my pledge.... shatter the misfortunes of my Ashikabi!
- Chained by Fashion: She wears a chain around her neck and uses it to hold her kimono shut. It shatters just prior to her finally being emerged.
- The Champion: She lives for her Ashikabi, and for her fellow Southern Sekirei.
- Combat Pragmatist: She's very practical, using her environment and powers to her advantage. She also knows when to bow out of a hopeless battle.
- Dark Chick: Humble and soft-spoken, in contrast to Mikogami's many loud, obnoxious Sekirei. She's also a Lady of Black Magic as opposed to his many weapon users.
- The Dog Bites Back: After her adjustments failed, the responsible Tuner attempted to strangle her to death. Big mistake.
- Emotionless Girl: She seems to be this, especially at first.
- Facial Markings: The Sekirei crest is on her forehead, rather than on her back.
- Fate Worse than Death: She can never be emerged, the very thing all Sekirei are born to experience. She seems resigned to this, but expresses that she is jealous of Homura because it's a possibility for him.
- The Four Loves: Akitsu's main wish is to find someone who will love and care for her.
- Freakiness Shame: How Mikogami won her over. When she protested that as a Scrapped Number, she was broken and worthless, he stated it didn't matter....and instead made her special and rare.
- Going Commando: It's usually only because she forgets to wear panties, not necessarily by choice.
- Go Out with a Smile: She seems content with her end, thinking of her master.
- An Ice Person: Both in powers and her calm, seemingly-emotionless demeanor.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Barely held closed by her obi and chains.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Knows when to retreat from a fight which Mitsuha didn't.
- Lady of Black Magic: A graceful fighter using her elemental powers.
- Limit Break: Hishoku (Ice Erosion)
- Lucky Seven: Subverted, as she was discarded as a failure.
- Mark of Shame: The location of her crest marks her as a Discarded Number. It vanishes when the strength of her feelings make emergence possible.
- The Quiet One: She rarely speaks, and when she does, her voice remains soft.
- The Rival: To Homura.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Beneath her cool exterior, she's actually kind and gentle. These glimpses primarily show when interacting with her companions.
- Superpower Meltdown: Being emerged and using her Norito causes her to overload.
- Taking You with Me: Terminates Chiyo, Hatae, and Yuna with her Norito, overloading herself in the process.
- True Companions: She feels this way about her comrades, and it seems the feeling may be mutual.
- Undying Loyalty: Despite being discarded she's ever loyal to her would-be Ashikabi.
- Woman in White: She evokes the classic image of a Japanese ghost, clad in a white kimono and surrounded by a supernatural chill.
- White Hair, Black Heart: In the manga at least, Akitsu is depicted of having white hair but she's far from evil and just followed Mikogami's orders.
- You Are Number 6: #07
One of Mikogami's many Sekirei, sent to capture #108. She is the first opponent that Musubi faces in the Sekirei Plan.
Ashikabi: Hayato Mikogami
- Blood Knight: She gets excited by the idea of a good fight, and the chance to torment her opponent.
- Defeat by Modesty: Completely lowers her guard when she suffers Clothing Damage.
- Depraved Bisexual: Clearly in love with her male Ashikabi, but really enjoys stripping Musubi.
- Hypocrite: Extremely perverted, but seems to believe All Men Are Perverts. Hikari and Hibiki call her on it.
- Meaningful Name: "Yomi" is the name of the Japanese land of the dead.
- Maybe unintentional, but "Yo" and "Mi" are alternate pronunciations for the numbers four and three in Japanese, respectively, which ties in with her being number 43.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: She engages in this, while mocking others.
- Razor Wind: One of the powers of her scythe.
- Rich Bitch: She's convinced she's better than everyone else, due to her Ashikabi's wealth.
- Sex Is Violence: Really, really enjoys slashing her opponents up. (Or their clothing, at least.)
- Shameful Strip: Attempts this on Musubi, who is unbothered by this development.
- Sinister Scythe: Her precious Death Scythe.
- Thanks for the Mammary: By Minato, naturally.
- Would Hurt a Child: She doesn't hesitate to threaten Kusano, eager to punish her for struggling.
- You Are Number 6: #43
One of Mikogami's Sekirei, sent to hunt down others for his collection. She makes failed attempts at capturing first Shiina, then later Homura.
Ashikabi: Hayato Mikogami
- Dumb Blonde: She doesn't even know who the Discipline Squad are, and ignores Akitsu's very serious warnings.
- Girlish Pigtails: It gives her the "obnoxious cheerleader" look.
- Mini Dress Of Power: A black and yellow one.
- Rich Bitch: Obnoxious, bratty, and self-important.
- Single-Stroke Battle: This is what happens when you fight the Black Sekirei.
- Too Dumb to Live: Ignored the warning about whom she was fighting.
- Whip It Good: She uses a whip in battle, capable of smashing concrete.
- You Are Number 6: #38
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
One of Mikogami's Sekirei, first appearing during the 3rd Stage of the Sekirei Plan. She enjoys taunting others, and uses special wires as a weapon.
Ashikabi: Hayato Mikogami
- Always Identical Sekirei: With #38
- Dumb Blonde: Just like her twin.
- Fireman's Safety Net: Able to form her wires into a safety net, to catch her master when he runs off a platform chasing the Jinki.
- Girlish Pigtails: It gives her the "bitchy cheerleader" vibe.
- Hoist by Her Own Petard: Using metal wires to fight Sekirei with lightning powers? Not smart.
- Jerkass: She runs her mouth quite a bit, insulting people left and right.
- Mini Dress Of Power: A black and yellow one.
- Razor Floss: Her primary weapon.
- Rich Bitch: Spoiled and rude as hell.
- You Are Number 6: #39
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
A cheerful and elegant Sekirei, with mist powers. She is one of Mikogami's Sekirei.
Ashikabi: Hayato Mikogami
- Dangerously Short Skirt: It.....barely counts as one.
- Mysterious Mist: Her power allows her to generate it.
- Mystical White Hair: An elemental-type Sekirei. Her hair notably resembles her element.
- Rapunzel Hair: Long and flowing past her waist.
- Woman in White: White hair, white clothing, and mist-based powers. She's got the mysterious look down perfectly.
- You Are Number 6: #65
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
One of Mikogami's Sekirei, first appearing during the 3rd stage. She expresses sympathy for Hikari and Hibiki's difficult life, but proves to be quite violent and even slightly cruel in battle. She wields a special, double-sided blade as her weapon.
Ashikabi: Hayato Mikogami
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: May be one, expressing sympathy for her pathetic, poverty-stricken opponents while promising to kill them.
- Cute and Psycho: She's genuinely cute, and cares about her comrades. But she's also thrilled at the idea of slicing up her foes.
- Defeat by Modesty: Just barely avoided, as Kuzuri wasn't fighting seriously at the time.
- Defiled Forever: Absolutely horrified that someone saw her panties before Mikogami.
- Faux Affably Evil: She feels so sorry for poor Hikari and Hibiki. That's why she's going to kill them~
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Smiles sweetly while offering to cut people in half.
- Hime Cut: Adding to her very traditional appearance.
- Lady of War: She's a graceful fighter in a kimono, wielding a sword.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "Little Princess". Or so she pretends to be...
- Oddly Shaped Sword: It barely even resembles a normal sword.
- Rich Bitch: Spoiled by her wealthy Ashikabi, and a bit nasty for it.
- Tender Tears: When Akitsu is finally emerged, she begins to weep in joy.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Right up until she reveals her true nature.
- You Are Number 6: #15
The Ashikabi of the East, and the head of a powerful pharmaceutical company. He is extremely ambitious, cunning, and ruthless to the point that he treats his own Sekirei as disposable tools. Using his influence, he blackmails Uzume into serving him and bribes other Ashikabi into serving him. He opposes the Sekirei Plan, and seeks to undermine MBI's authority.
Sekirei: Toyotama, Ichiya, Oriha, Katsuragi, Shi, Sai, Kaie, Oshino, Kujou, Kaiha, and two unnamed.
- Abduction Is Love: He is one of the Ashikabi that forcefully wings Sekirei, though he makes it clear love isn't even on the table. He also kidnaps Yukari and intends to marry her. It doesn't work out as he'd planned.
- Ambition Is Evil: He's by far the most ambitious character, and kicks many a dog along the way towards his goal.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: Holds Yukari hostage, while proposing marriage to her. It is, of course, all a plot to take advantage of who her parents are.
- Appeal to Force Prompted by Mikogami's harsh advice, uses his Sekirei to perform a hostile takeover of his family's company.Higa: I'm taking over this company by force. Tell that to the old farts. From now on, I do as I want.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Receives several from Mikogami during his "The Reason You Suck" Speech. It forces him to completely re-evaluate his methods and leads to a Pet the Dog moment and the hostile takeover of his company.
- Bad Boss: Treats his Sekirei as Mooks, making it clear that they are completely disposable to him. Toyotama's defeat seems to have made him finally realize his failings as an Ashikabi.
- Bishōnen: According to Yukari.
- Bodyguard Babes: Toyotama and Ichiya often act as his bodyguards.
- Consummate Liar: Deception is one of his favorite tools, and he plays his various pawns like fiddles.
- Corporate Warfare: His company is The Rival to the primary company, and counters their actual private army with an army of Sekirei.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: To the t.
- Diabolical Mastermind: He tries to be this, but is ultimately out-witted by various parties.
- Faux Affably Evil: He usually introduces himself in a very polite manner, often seeming like a reasonable and friendly individual. But he quickly drops this, in favor of showing just how ruthless and cruel he can be.
- Graceful Loser: Implied, surprisingly enough. While he doesn't have any lines in the final chapters, he seemingly abandons all thoughts of vengeance against Minato, and seemingly starts running his company honestly and above board.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He greatly resents Minato, convinced that the other has benefited so much from his father's position as Gamemaster. Even when he learns Minato was unaware of his father's identity and obtained everything through his own efforts, he actually hates him more.
- Hostage Situation: Concocts two different ones to force Sekirei to do his bidding.
- Humiliation Conga: Goes into a board meeting. Comes out to learn four of his Sekirei have been terminated, his hostage has been rescued, his blackmailed assassin has been terminated, and to top it off? The girl he'd kidnapped with the intention of forcing her to marry him has set fire to his penthouse before escaping. He's understandably less than pleased by the news.
- I Will Find You: Promises a defeated Toyotama that he will come for her someday, and asks her to wait for him.
- Jerkass: Readily uses other people to accomplish his own goals, using Chiho's life to force Uzume to do his bidding and subjecting his own Sekirei to all manner of emotional abuse.
- Loophole Abuse: During the 3rd Phase of the Sekirei plan when he brings in more Sekirei and claims it's not breaking the rules so long as they don't fight.
- Magnetic Hero: A villainous example. He regularly recruits other Ashikabi, often through his claimed goal of ending the Sekirei Plan and allowing all his followers to remain with their Sekirei. He's.....telling the truth about the first part, at least.
- Man in White: Prefers a nicely tailored suit in various shades of white and cream.
- Manipulative Bastard: What he does to poor Uzume and then to Shiina.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Oh, so very much. He's got the nice suit, the penthouse apartment, and the Cool Car to prove how wealthy he is.
- Meddling Parents: His family, as the senior board members of his company, constantly get in his way. This comes to a head when he's dragged into a meeting with them, and comes out to a Humiliation Conga. He's beyond furious and declares his intention to kill them all someday.
- Non-Action Guy: Implied to not be the case, surprisingly enough. Upon witnessing Seo and Sanada's Big Ball of Violence, he remarks that it's a good thing he took up boxing.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: At least two of the Sekirei under his command were there because of him using their Ashikabi as leverage.
- Pet the Dog: His heartfelt apology to a defeated Toyotama for being a Bad Boss.
- The Red Baron: "Higa of the East", since he holds control over the Eastern portion of the city.
- Revenge Before Reason: Comes dangerously close in his grudge against Minato, losing an enormous amount of his Sekirei and much of his influence within the Game as a direct result.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: His tailored suits and obvious fashion sense make him stand out from other Ashikabi.
- Smug Snake: Oh, so very much. He's the smuggest of the smug, but quickly loses his cool if things don't go his way.
- The Sociopath: He shows most of the traits of this, at least early in the story. His attachment to everyone, except maybe his subordinate Kakizaki is purely a facade, at best, and he sees absolutely nothing wrong with any criminal or outright abhorrent behavior, so long as he doesn't actually face any consequences, and if he does it's always because of someone else who has to die. To wit, he has engaged in kidnapping, outright assault, assassination by proxy, hostage taking, threatening the life of an invalid in his hospital, with whom he had a prior legally binding contract for treatment, has actually engaged in murder (of his own company's board of directors and employees), attempted to murder both Minato and Natsuo using MBI's Kill Sat, and treated his Sekirei, who are strongly implied to be with him against their will as nothing more than expendable pawns, regretting their termination only because it inconveniences him, and absolutely throws a murderous fit when things don't go his way, even if it's a direct result of his own actions.
- Took a Level in Kindness: The epilogue reveals that he chose to allow almost all of his Sekirei to refuse being winged by him again, allowing for the ones that he forcefully winged to live their lives free of the memories of their time as his slaves while also allowing the ones most loyal to him faithfully stay by his side.
- Villainous Breakdown: The cracks are definitely showing in his cool exterior, and at this point he's lost much of his former bite.
- Villainous Demotivator: His Sekirei know they have two options: Victory or termination. Several have mentioned being told they couldn't come back unless they were successful.
- Villainous Friendship: Type 1. Kakizaki describes himself as Higa's Only Friend and states the two have been good friends for many years.
- We Have Reserves: Tends to throw his Sekirei into battle, and makes it clear that he has no more use for them if they can't win.
- Xanatos Gambit: His participation in the 3rd Match, as if he managed to win he got a second Jinki. And if he lost, he still only sacrificed his weaker Sekirei while gaining valuable information about his opponents and could still have Uzume steal the Jinki from the winner afterwards. When Uzume was intercepted, he still benefited by being able to order her to lead a direct attack on Maison Izumo. However, things eventually derail after a combination of The Dog Bites Back, the dropping of the Distress Ball, Mikogami's interference, and Minato running his own gambit. Cue his Villainous Breakdown.
One of Higa's Sekirei, a soft-spoken girl with a melancholy expression. She is a close-combat fighter, and dueled Musubi during the hunt for the last Sekirei.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- Boyish Short Hair: Cropped short, and adding to her tomboyish looks.
- Bruce Lee Clone: A martial artist dressed in a yellow jumpsuit.
- Cute Bruiser: She has a childish appearance, in contrast to her great physical strength.
- Emotionless Girl: She's extremely subdued and soft-spoken.
- Kick Chick: Identifies herself as a "Foot-type" Sekirei.
- You Are Number 6: In this case, You Are Number Eighty Six
One of Higa's Sekirei, sent to capture the last unemerged Sekirei. She wears a long dress decorated with ribbons, and fights with a pair of sharp rings.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- By the Power of Grayskull!: These flying gears represent my pledge, cut away the enemies before my Ashikabi.
- Deadly Disc: Her primary weapon.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: She has elements of this style.
- Frills of Justice: Her dress has frills, ribbons, and plenty of asskicking.
- Hair Decorations: A ribbon worn as a headband.
- I Can Still Fight!: An utterly heartbreaking example.
- Limit Break: Moon Slasher
- Little Red Fighting Hood: Though her cloak is darker in color, she fits the "cloaked cute girl kicking ass" element perfectly.
- Recurring Boss: Faced Tsukiumi in battle twice, ultimately losing to her Norito.
- Shoot The Ashikabi First: Actively attempts to kill Natsuo and Minato during the 3rd Match, since she knows that if an Ashikabi dies, all their Sekirei are terminated. Haihane is not amused.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's horrified when Tsukiumi uses a snake-themed attack, fleeing in terror.
- You Are Number 6: #101
One of Higa's first Sekirei, acting as an enforcer for his various schemes. She is a tall woman that fights with a staff. Her defeat at the hands of Musubi has a great impact on Higa.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- Amazonian Beauty: Tall, muscular, and beautiful.
- Bare Your Midriff: She's got some nice abs, too.
- Bodyguard Babes: Often served as Higa's bodyguard, along with Ichiya.
- Cleavage Window: Showing off her ample cleavage.
- Combat Pragmatist: She'll cheat, use dirty tricks, or break rules to win. In the anime, she even kills Uzume by ignoring the retreat order and taking one last shot at a disabled Musubi.
- Combat Stilettos: Another Sekirei that favors them, and isn't slowed down for an instant.
- I Will Wait for You: In reponse to Higa's promise to come and reclaim her from MBI someday.
- Meaningful Name: Named after a dragon goddess (also known as Otohime) that was forced to leave her husband after he violated his promise to her.
- Morality Pet: Becomes this for Higa, after she's defeated in battle.
- The Power of Love: Musubi explains that this is the reason she lost.
- Simple Staff: Her primary weapon, used to devastating effect.
- Stripperiffic: Her outfit includes many fetish elements.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Short shorts AND chaps.
- You Are Number 6: #16
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has dark green hair.
One of Higa's first Sekirei, who serves as his enforcer and bodyguard. She is a martial artist-type, and shown to be quite ruthless.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- Amazonian Beauty: A muscular, athletic woman in contrast to most Sekirei.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Her fighting style is this to a t.
- Bare Your Midriff: Showing off toned abs.
- Bodyguard Babes: Often served as Higa's bodyguard, along with Toyotama.
- Boobs of Steel: One of Higa's strongest Sekirei, and her large breasts to match her muscular build.
- Boyish Short Hair: Cropped extremely close to her skull.
- Cleavage Window: A bit of fanservice, for her (relatively) modest outfit.
- Color Contrast: Her purple and yellow outfit.
- Combat Pragmatist: She's not above dirty tricks or cheap shots to win.
- Combat Stilettos: Not as extreme as some Sekirei, but notable since most Power-types wear flats.
- Kick Chick: She's a Power Type Sekirei, fighting primarily with her powerful legs.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Her bared armed as muscular and toned.
- You Are Number 6: #18
One of Higa's Sekirei, an aggressive and impatient girl. She wields several knives, mounted on the end of long whips much like a cat-o-nine-tails.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- Ax-Crazy: Violent, easily angered, and willing to kill even ordinary humans.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her crop top shows off her stomach.
- Cute Little Fangs: While she's yelling.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She flies off the handle easily, spending most of her time yelling at others.
- Knife Nut: Attached to long whips, allowing her to attack from a distance.
- Lean and Mean: Very slender, and mean as hell.
- Taking You with Me: Attempts to take out Minato with the last of her strength, but Uzume steps in the way.
- Whip It Good: Multiple whips, with knives attached much like a more dangerous Cat o' Nine tails.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: She does!
- You Are Number 6: #31
One of Higa's Sekirei, sent to steal the Jinki from Izumo Inn. She is extremely nervous and shy, and wields a pair of blades hidden in her sleeves.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- Apologetic Attacker: She's extremely polite, and doesn't really want to hurt anyone.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Her primary weapon.
- Cowardly Sidekick: A villainous example, to contrast Sai's brave and aggressive attitude.
- Girlish Pigtails: Making her look even more childish and innocent.
- Hair Antennae: Further conveying her childish nature.
- Miko: Styled to resemble one.
- Oh, Crap!: Her default expression. Made worse when she realizes they're facing a pair of Single Numbers.
- Shrinking Violet: She's soft-spoken and shy, compared to her louder companions.
- Tears of Fear: She was on the verge of them even before her Oh, Crap! moment.
- You Are Number 6: #40
An Eastern Sekirei, first appearing during the assault on Izumo Inn. She forms a rivalry with Kazehana.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Whip of my Pledge, tear apart the antagonist of my Ashikabi!
- Expressive Hair: Two locks resemble cat ears, and move independently from the rest of her hair.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her bodysuit has one long leg, and one short.
- Limit Break: Hyakuretsu no Muchi (Whip of a Hundred Cracks)
- Opera Gloves: Her whips appear to be attached to them.
- The Rival: To Kazehana, who compliments her on her strength.
- Sci-Fi Bob Haircut: Wears her Expressive Hair in a modified bob hairstyle.
- Slave Collar: She wears one, alone with a pair of matching bracelets.
- Time-Delayed Death: She doesn't immediately go down upon being defeated by Kazehana, but after a few moments her clothing shreds and she collapses.
- Whip It Good: She wields multiple strings attached to her bracelets.
- Worthy Opponent: She and Kazehana come to see each other as this, in their final duel.
- You Are Number 6: #62
An Eastern Sekirei, first appearing during the assault on Izumo Inn. She at first seems very meek, but reveals herself to be utterly psychotic in battle.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- Ax-Crazy: Goes from zero to homicidal within an instant.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Her weapons are two massive blades, that rip out from her billowing sleeves when in use.
- Hair Decorations: A large bow in her hair.
- Hidden Eyes: Her eyes are hidden behind her bangs, right up until her true personality shows itself.
- Nothing Up My Sleeve: Her swords are apparently hidden inside her billowing sleeves, which shred when she brings them out.
- Slasher Smile: One to rival Karasuba.
One of Higa's Sekirei, who was quickly defeated by Homura during the 3rd Stage.
Ashikabi: Higa Izumi
- Brainless Beauty: Beautiful, but not exactly smart.
- The Ditz: When in battle, standing around complaining about your clothes being dirty isn't too smart.
- Frills of Justice: Her oufit consists of many, many ribbons and a frilly skirt.
- Hair Decorations: Ribbons in her hair.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When defeated, she mourns that she'd only just gotten to appear.
- Man on Fire: All those trailing ribbons made igniting her clothes a piece of cake.
Higa's personal secretary, and longtime friend.
- Consummate Professional: Handles himself with utter professionalism, even in the midst of a Sekirei battle.
- The Dragon: Higa's secretary, and the field handler for all his Sekirei.
- Faux Affably Evil: He's completely professional, but just as much of a jerk as his employer.
- The Handler: To Uzume, and all the other Sekirei working for Higa.
- Moral Dissonance: (Actually legal dissonance) Knowing he's an accomplice to aggravated kidnapping, and illegal imprisonment (both felonies) his immediate response upon seeing Higa's penthouse on fire is to rebuke Yukari "You set the fire, didn't you? That is a crime, you know." She immediately calls him out on it.
- Non-Action Guy: Along with his Sekirei, who is an Evil Counter Part to Matsu.
- Oh, Crap!: Has a rather large one when his usual Smug Snake tactics don't work on Yukari, and she breaks the plate-glass penthouse window before jumping out.
- Only Friend: To Higa.
- Pragmatic Villainy: To the core, he's a pragmatist willing to take whatever measures are necessary.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: In line with being a true professional.
- Smug Snake: Seems his greatest joy in life is (as handler) to openly torment those already under Higa's heel. Case in point, telling a distressed Uzume "you don't have much time left" regarding Chiho's health, and he does so with a cruel smile.
- The Sociopath: In a legal sense, he could be considered "better" than Higa as a court of law could only find him culpable as an accomplice to kidnapping and illegal imprisonment of Yukari, and even that is questionable considering Japan's customs, but on an interpersonal level, it could be argued that he's less functional than Higa. To wit, while Higa's ruthless cruelty does have something to gain, Kakizaki's only goal in his actions is his own personal enjoyment. He interrupted Uzume's time with Chiho purely to tell the former that she "doesn't have much time left" to make Uzume suffer, outright cheered when Higa pushed Shiina over the despair event horizon by making the latter think that Yukari preferred humans over Sekirei, when he saw Minato trying to talk down Homura from self-destructing, actually tried to intervene to keep Minato from succeeding, and his only concern when Yukari escaped was not her well being, but the fact that Higa would be upset with him, and lastly, if Higa shows any signs of lucidity or growing a conscience, Kakizaki immediately talks him out of it.Higa: "Sometimes, being an adult makes me feel dirty."Kakizaki: "You should never say that about yourself."
- Stoic Spectacles: Calm and composed, at least when he's not directly in the line of fire.
- Villainous Friendship: Type 1, as it seems he and Higa are genuinely good friends that care for the others well being.
A calm and composed woman with the ability to access machines. She is allied with the Eastern Sekirei, and serves Higa alongside her Ashikabi.
- The Comically Serious: She lectures Matsu about using a cell phone in a hospital......ignoring that there's two enemy Sekirei running past her.
- Evil Counterpart: To Matsu — a cool and collected Brain-type that maintains a professional air no matter the circumstances.
- Mission Control: For the Eastern Sekirei.
- Nerves of Steel: Unflinching and professional, even in the presence of two enemy Sekirei. Tsukiumi is duly impressed.
- Sexy Secretary: To her Ashikabi and as a result, to Higa.
- Stoic Spectacles: A female variant.
- Technopath: Just like Matsu, allowing her to spy on computers.
- You Are Number 6: #22
The Ashikabi of the West. Though a hot-tempered and violent biker, he is actually a good person that deeply cares for his trio of Sekirei. After befriending Seo, he is convinced to become another of Minato's ally and supports him during the 4th match. He is something of a pervert, and seems to develop a crush on almost every woman he meets.
Sekirei: Kuzuri, Kujika, Shijime, Chiyo, Yuna, and Hatae
- Amazon Brigade: The South and East Ashikabi each had a dozen or more Sekirei under their command. Minato has six, almost all of which are Single Numbers. And Sanada, the fourth Ashikabi that controls territory in the city? He's got three, but is still considered a threat by the others. This is because he actually has six Sekirei, and his concealed Sekirei are ruthless and powerful low-digits.
- Amazon Chaser: Thinks Miya's strength makes her even more attractive.
- Amusing Injuries: Prone to these almost as much as Seo.
- Badass Biker: Pretty much his thing.
- Badass Normal: He fights right alongside his Sekirei.
- Balanced Harem: His Lovelies! He showers them equally with affection, and it's clear all equally care for each other.
- Battle Harem: His trio of Sekirei.
- Bishōnen: In a manly kind of way.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Rather loud but tough in a fight.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's much like Seo in this regard.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Again like Seo since their violence is often Played for Laughs.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Becomes good friends with Seo once they finish beating the crap out of each other.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Gets into a lot of fist fights. Start a major brawl in the anime to help Minato out.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: His jacket and pants.
- Hopeless Suitor: Considers Miya's devotion to her husband a bonus, rather than a negative.
- Hot-Blooded: The hottest of all! He shouts, throws punches, and emotes with the best of them.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: In his battle against Mikogami, he reveals that he actually has six Sekirei. His real Amazon Brigade proceed to tear through most of Mikogami's Sekirei in moments, and are strong enough to prove a challenge to Single Numbers like Mutsu and Akitsu.
- Idiots Cannot Catch Colds: He proudly declares that he's never caught a cold. Mikogami thinks this makes perfect sense, pointing out the belief about idiots being immune to colds. Sanada...is less than amused.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He may seem like a thug, but he's actually a pretty decent guy. At least, if you don't accidentally piss him off.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Unlike Seo, his general strategy seems to be limited to "jump into battle and hit things". Because most Ashikabi are Non Action Guys, this usually works out for him.
- Likes Older Women: THRILLED when he learns Miya is a "beautiful, older woman".
- Meaningful Name: Lampshaded, since "Nishi" means "West".
- Mr. Fanservice: Bare chested and in leather.
- Pipe Pain: Wields a section of metal pipe as a weapon.
- The Red Baron: "Sanada of the West", which leads to confusion when he introduces himself.
- Romancing the Widow: Even more thrilled when he learns Miya is a widow.
Shijime #106, Kuzuri, and Kujika
The West's trio of Sekirei. They behave in an extremely childish manner, but their strength has allowed him to claim the Western portion of the city as his territory.
Ashikabi: Sanada Nishi
- Amazon Brigade: Strong enough to secure Sanada's place as one of the top four Ashikabi, with the smallest group.
- Ambiguously Brown: Kuzuri
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Shijime behaves like this, much to Benitsubasa's frustration and Haihane's amusement. That's right, her big sisters are the Discipline Squad.
- Badass Adorable: They're absolutely adorable, and also enjoy a good fight.
- Blush Sticker: Shijime and Kuzuri
- By the Power of Grayskull!:
- Shijime: These are the sleeves of my pledge, smash and clear the wall before my Ashikabi.
- Kuzuri: These are the heels of my pledge, smash and clear the wall before my Ashikabi.
- Kujika: These are the elbows of my pledge, smash and clear the wall before my Ashikabi.
- Clothing Combat: Shijime's Norito implies her sleeves are her weapon. Kuzuri also uses the pair of straps hanging from her top to parry attacks, showing they are strong enough to withstand blows from another Sekirei's sword.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: They're constantly off in their own world, and rarely see the seriousness of a situation.
- Combat Stilettos: Kujika
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Kujika
- Genki Girl: All three are super-perky!
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Parodied, when they use their Norito.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Mostly, they just like bouncing around and hitting people.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Kuzuri and Kujika.
- Hit-and-Run Tactics: Noted to be incredibly fast, even by Sekirei standards.
- Power Trio: They're never away from each other for long, always operating as a team.
- Stripperiffic: Kuzuri and Kujika.
- Technical Pacifist: Sanada reveals they never fight to win, instead simply wanting to play and have some fun. As such, he relies on his deranged Sekirei to win the actual battles.
- Token Mini-Moe: Shijime
- Under Boobs: Kuzuri
- You Are Number 6: Shijime is #106. Kuzuri and Kujika's numbers are still unrevealed.
Chiyo #14, Yuuna #17, Hatae #20
A trio of blood-thirsty Sekirei, barely under the control of their Ashikabi. They take great pleasure in slaughtering their opponents.
Ashikabi: Sanada Nishi
- Amazon Brigade: The real reason Sanada became ruler of the Western territory.
- Ambiguously Brown: Hatae
- Ax-Crazy: To the extent even their own Ashikabi fears them.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Hatae
- Blood Is the New Black: Their Ashikabi points out that they're covered in blood, having just finished off several opponents.
- Blood Knight: They're excited when they finally find a stronger opponent in Akitsu.
- Lean and Mean: All three are reed-thin, moreso than most Sekirei. And so vicious even their Ashikabi finds them frightening.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Not only does Akitsu not react well to her comrades being slaughtered, but their vicious actions are the push necessary to allow her to finally be emerged.
- Sinister Scythe: Chiyo
- Slasher Smile: All three of them constantly sport deranged grins while dishing out suffering.
- Stripperiffic: Incredibly so.
- Whip It Good: Yuuna
- You Are Number 6: #14, #17 and #20.
Humans with a special genetic trait that allows them to bond with Sekirei, a process known as "Winging".
- Blessed with Suck: Having a beautiful Magical Girlfriend? Awesome. Having to watch her fight to the death against another Magical Girlfriend, knowing the odds are stacked against you and losing means never seeing her again? Yeah, not so awesome. Little surprise that most Ashikabi are desperate to escape the Sekirei Plan.
- Boy Meets Girl: A core element of the series.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Many Ashikabi experienced this in some form, prior to encountering their Sekirei. Minato and Haruka were both losers unable to find their place in the world, while Oosumi and Mikogami both experienced extreme boredom and acted out in an effort to fill that missing something. All Ashikabi find their purpose, and tend to undergo significant changes as people once bonding with their Sekirei.
- Devoted to You: Sekirei are naturally devoted to their Ashikabi, to one degree or another.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Modern Ashikabi are the descendents of ancient Sekirei and their human masters, and are as a result not completely human.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: A Sekirei reacting to them tends to get.....excited. It makes for an interesting first impression.
- Interspecies Romance: Almost all bonds are explicitly romantic in nature, and Sekirei often refer to their Ashikabi as their spouse.
- A Magic Contract Comes with a Kiss: This is how they wing their Sekirei.
- Magic Contract Romance: The majority of bonds are exactly this.
- Magic Kiss: Their main role in a battle is providing the kiss a Sekirei needs to activate their Norito.
- Meet Cute: The standard way Sekirei and Ashikabi meet.
- Non-Action Guy: The vast majority of Ashikabi are just normal people. Seo and Sanada are the exceptions, and readily ignore that whole "no Ashikabi fighting" rule.
- Puny Earthlings: Natsuo points out just how vulnerable Ashikabi are during a Sekirei battle, and how easy it would be for one to be killed by accident if they were in the wrong spot at the wrong time.
- Red String of Fate: Each Sekirei has a destined Ashikabi, that they are meant to be with. Powerful Ashikabi are capable of attracting multiple Sekirei.
The first Ashikabi that Minato encounters, Seo is a shady but kind-hearted man that becomes one of his most vital allies. His Sekirei are the twins Hikari and Hibiki, and he was once the best friend of the deceased scientist, Takehito Asama. This friendship allowed him to learn many secrets about the Sekirei, and also granted him a special ability that allows him to weaken enemy Sekirei.
Sekirei: Hikari and Hibiki
- Amusing Injuries: Seo always getting hurt by his Sekirei is usually Played for Laughs.
- Babies Ever After: He winds up making four babies, all boys, with Hikari and Hibiki.
- Badass Normal: He's one of the few Ashikabi to get involved in the action, and can hold his own pretty well.
- Beady-Eyed Loser: He's not unattractive, so much as scruffy and lazy as hell. When he tries to greet Kusano, she cries.
- Bishōnen: Handsome, beneath all his scruff and bad attitude.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: To the absolute core.
- Bromantic Foil: To Minato. He's a much more openly-perverted guy who is explicitly in a sexual relationship with both of his Sekirei, whereas Minato is a more Covert Pervert who intentionally resists entering into such relationships with his own Sekirei.
- Butt-Monkey: To Hikari and Hibiki. And his four kids who also have electric powers.
- Casanova Wannabe: Of course Hikari and Hibiki just won't let him.
- Come Back to Bed, Honey: Attempts this on Hikari. She responds by electrocuting him.
- Comedic Sociopathy: His shady antics are typically played for comedy, such as stating he's going to substitute a random cat for one he was hired to find.
- Chivalrous Pervert: At least, he tries to be.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's rarely phased by things, responding with sarcasm and snark.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Once the fists stop flying, he forms a strong friendship with Sanada.
- Harmless Electrocution: Near constantly. If it isn't Hikari and Hibiki, it's his four sons.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Beneath his tough exterior, he's actually.....a pretty decent guy, and becomes one of Minato's most important allies.
- House Husband: Surprisingly enough. Before Miya got the hang of married life, he was the one that handled all the domestic stuff for Takehito. Miya teasingly refers to him as an "adulterer" for keeping house for her husband.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He can be a jerk at times, but he's also a good friend and ally to have.
- Last-Name Basis: Almost always referred to as Seo by every other character.
- Mr. Fanservice: Moreso than any other Ashikabi, he's often seen wearing a tight tank top and even has a couple shirtless scenes.
- Perpetual Poverty: He and his Sekirei are seen working but still never have enough to feed themselves consistently.
- Power Nullifier: His 'Matsurou Ashikabi' ability given to him by Takehito.
- The Red Baron: "Worst Ashikabi"
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The manly man to Minato's sensitive guy.
- The Strategist: He formulates the plan to help Kuno and Haruka escape the city. He also helped Minato to find Kusano when she first appeared. And in the end of Season 2, he's hired by Higa to break into MBI's headquarters and steal their company secrets.
- Supreme Chef: Really! He's the one that taught Miya how to cook.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Check, check, and check.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Unlike Minato, he always does this on purpose and often gets zapped for it.
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: Proudly declares he was late to the 4th Match because the twins "kept him up all night". The embarrassed reaction from the twins and Hibiki's pleas about children being present suggests he wasn't making it up. It's more or less confirmed at the finale when it's revealed that his four sons were all born on the same day.
Minato's younger sister, a cheerful but violent girl obsessed with pretty boys. After becoming Shiina's Ashikabi, she promises to help him find Kusano and hunts other Ashikabi looking for information. This leads to her earning the title of the "Devil Ashikabi", making her something of an urban legend feared by other pairs. She is completely unaware that her brother is also an Ashikabi, and that Kusano is one of his Sekirei.
- Anti-Hero: While her motivations are heroic, her methods are extreme and relentlessly violent.
- Big Brother Worship: She does it without even knowing she does it. The majority of the reason she likes Shiina in the first place are because of his similar qualities to Minato.
- Bi the Way: Equally excited by hot guys and big breasts.
- The Cavalry: She arrives to defend MBI headquarters from a Special Forces team sent to capture the terminated Sekirei.
- Crash-Into Hello: How she first encounters Shiina.
- Daddy's Little Villain: Played with, since she's considered a monster by other Ashikabi. Yukari isn't exactly evil, but she's certainly just as ruthless as her father and regularly hospitalizes other Ashikabi.
- Damsel out of Distress: Held hostage by Higa, until she realizes she's holding the Distress Ball and breaks out.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Though as she doesn't directly involve herself in action very frequently, she doesn't suffer from it nearly as much as Tsukiumi does from hers.
- The Dreaded: Undefeated, and noted to disregard the rules about Ashikabi fighting. It's stated she's hospitalized most of the Ashikabi that have encountered her.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Oh, does she like looking at pretty boys and sexy girls.
- The Glomp: Likes to do this to Musubi.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: She is often seen with these, and she is just as scary as Miya.
- Groin Attack: Her standard approach to men that piss her off.
- Hostage Situation: Ends up in one, with Higa using her to control Shiina.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Surprisingly enough, with Shiina.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While she's brutal towards her enemies, she's generally kind and empathetic towards her allies and civilians, especially Minato.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She's pretty open about her interest in attractive people, and will go so far as to grope other women as a greeting.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: Higa made the mistake of thinking she was this. Boy, did he get that one wrong. She sets fire to his penthouse on her way out.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The masculine girl to both Minato and Shiina's feminine boys.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Being called the Devil Ashikabi discourages anyone from messing with her.
- No Escape but Down: Dives out of a window in a high-rise building to escape Higa, trusting that Shiina will catch her.
- Nose Bleed: As prone to them as her brother.
- Plucky Girl: She rarely gives up, and her brief moments of despair don't last long.
- Red Baron: The "Devil Ashikabi."
- Sacred First Kiss: Given to Shiina, when she emerged him.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After finding out that Kuu is with Minato and somehow managing to survive the end of the Third Stage, Yukari and Shiina decide they've had enough and exit the game via a raft as it starts the Final Stage.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She's outgoing and confident, but also incredibly ruthless and indifferent to those she considers to be her enemies, whereas Minato is timid and passive, but also an All-Loving Hero who wants everyone involved in the Sekirei Plan to have a happy ending regardless of their allegiances.
- Skinship Grope: She's often trying to cop feels on the big breasted women running around.
- Slasher Smile: Probably one reason why she earned her nickname.
- Violence Is the Only Option: How she gained the title of "Devil Ashikabi".
- Wife-Basher Basher: Ruthlessly deals with anyone that makes girls cry, which leads to hilarity when she mistakenly believes Minato was mistreating Kusano and kicks him across the room, then threatens to kill him.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
Chiho is Uzume's Ashikabi, and has been confined to a hospital since the death of her parents. Suffering from a terminal and incurable disease, she feels helpless to do anything for Uzume, who she knows is hiding something from her. Because of her condition, the owner of the hospital (Higa) is able to blackmail Uzume into working for him.
- Curtains Match the Window: A soft, light golden brown.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She's cured and reunited with Uzume in the finale.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Her room is filled with them.
- Heartwarming Orphan: Her parents passed away when she was young, leaving her completely alone.
- Hostage Situation: The victim of one, and kept very much in the dark about it.
- Ill Girl: Chiho is terminally ill, and constantly apologizes to Uzume for her failing health. Chiho is eventually saved through Minato's efforts. But then Uzume sacrifices herself to protect Minato.
- The Ingenue: Sweet, innocent, and utterly kind-hearted.
- Lipstick Lesbian: The more feminine of the pair, though only because Uzume is an Action Girlfriend.
- Lonely Doll Girl: Before meeting Uzume, the only company she seemed to have were her stuffed animals.
- Nice Girl: One of the few Ashikabi that is good to the core.
- Parental Abandonment: Has felt lonely ever since her parents died. Uzume changed that.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She loves Uzume completely, though their relationship is somewhat chaste.
- Soap Opera Disease: Suffers from a vague disease that kept her wheelchair-bound.
- Tears of Joy: When reunited with Uzume in the final chapters.
An Ashikabi with many things in common with Minato, including living in his old apartment. His sekirei, Kuno, is extremely weak and unable to fight, so he requests Minato's help in escaping from the capital. Though prone to mocking Kuno as weak and useless, he is kind-hearted and loves her deeply.
- Book Dumb: Also failed the college entrance exam twice.
- The Bus Came Back: He decides to return to the capital during the looming final battle, determined to help Minato.
- Caught the Heart on His Sleeve: Kuno did this to him when they first met.
- The Cavalry: He returns to help defend MBI headquarters from a Special Forces team sent to capture the terminated Sekirei.
- Declaration of Protection: The reason he wants out of the Sekirei Plan is to protect Kuno.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: A letter sent to Minato reveals what happened to them after the escape. They're happily living with Haruka's parents, after a vague explanation of them being engaged. His parents ADORE her.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Kazehana thinks their "innocent love" is adorable.
- Happily Married: He admits that he and Kuno are officially married in chapter 184 when Minato invites them over for a celebatrory feast.
- Meet Cute: Met Kuno when he saw her shivering and alone on a cold day, and bought her some meat buns out of sympathy.
- Nice Guy: He met Kuno, because he couldn't bear to see a girl crying. His kindness inspires Minato to help him.
- Non-Action Guy: Like most Ashikabi.
- Screw Destiny: Was the first Ashikabi to successfully escape from the city with his Sekirei.
- This Loser Is You: Has a lot in common with Minato when it comes to failure.
Kaho's Ashikabi, an intelligent and level-headed young man that aids Minato during the 4th match. He knows quite a bit about the Sekirei Plan, and is considered one of the serious contenders that could win. After Yukari quits the Sekirei Plan, he is the only Ashikabi left with only a single Sekirei.
- Androcles' Lion: Helps Minato during the 4th match, to express his gratitude towards Homura for protecting his Sekirei in the past.
- Foil: He seems to be a calmer, more well-informed, and proactive Minato.
- Friendly Enemy: To Minato.
- Mr. Exposition: Provides Minato with information concerning the goings-on during the 4th Match.
- Nice Guy: Another kind Ashikabi, though he's a bit more clever and sneaky than the average nice guy.
- One True Love: Kaho
- Playful Hacker: He's skilled enough to breach MBI's databases, and has had previous contact with Matsu.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Seems to be this.
- Worthy Opponent: He views Minato this way, supporting Kaho's wish to battle Musubi.
The mysterious Sekirei of Fate.
- All-Loving Heroine: Her greatest wish, passed on to Musubi, is that all Sekirei will learn to love.
- Badass Adorable: Cute, sweet, and the most powerful Sekirei since Miya.
- Bequeathed Power: Given to Musubi
- Big Good: In contrast to Karasuba.
- The Captain: Of the second Discipline Squad.
- The Chooser of The One: And she chose Musubi.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Effortlessly defeated Benitsubasa and Haihane after being awakened by Minato.
- Dodge the Bullet: Seen dodging multiple automatic weapons AT CLOSE RANGE in the prologue of the anime. Her clothing is torn in the process, exposing her unusual crest location.
- Dragons Up the Yin Yang: Her pupils are represented as the taijitu, also known as the Yin Yang.
- Exotic Eye Designs: When she's in control of Musubi's body.
- Girly Bruiser: She's very innocent and girly, but a physical fighter capable of going toe-to-toe with Karasuba and Miya.
- Friendly Rivalry: Towards Karasuba, who she sees as terribly misguided.
- Friend to All Living Things: Flashbacks show her with a bird on her finger.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Gave up her core, and therefore her own existence, to save Musubi as a child. She continues to exist on within Musubi's soul. Until the appearance of Kouten in which their Tamas are now merged, effectively ceasing Yume's existence.
- Holy Hand Grenade: One of her abilities.
- Idiot Hair: Had one just like Musubi, showing her innocence.
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: Musubi grew up to look exactly like her.
- Kamehame Hadoken: This eventually becomes Musubi's Bear Paw technique.
- Kung-Fu Jesus: A Messianic figure that was the second leader of the Discipline Squad.
- Light 'em Up: She appears to have light-based abilities.
- The Lost Lenore: Implied to be this for Karasuba.
- Love Freak: "IT'S LOVE!"
- Martial Pacifist: Though the leader of the Discipline Squad, she despises killing.
- Messianic Archetype: Pure, kind, and personally driven to free the Sekirei from their sad fate.
- The Power of Love: Awakened within Musubi by the strength of Minato's love.
- The Red Baron: The Sekirei of Fate
- Sharing a Body: Gave her core to Musubi, and now lives on within her.
- Short Hair with Tail: Just like Musubi.
- Super Strength: One of her abilities.
- Take Up My Sword: Charged Musubi and Kaho with defeating Karasuba, and freeing the Sekirei to find love.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: See the tattoo of her abdomen? Yume is the only Sekirei among her kind that can't be emerged, as her Tama is already fully developed from the start. For such species that are driven to find their lifelong partner, this must be saddening for her.
- Walking Spoiler: There's quite a bit of white in this article.
- Worthy Opponent: Her rivalry with Karasuba, which has been passed on to Musubi.
- You Are Not Alone: She was released initially and thus could do whatever she wants, but sticked to Karasuba in order to invoke this trope and thus forming the second incarnation of the Discipline Squad.
- You Are Number 6: #08
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
The twin sister of Hibiki. She is a violent and bad-tempered woman, with lightning powers. Originally, she and her sister attacked Musubi (and other unemerged Sekirei), but she becomes an important ally to Minato's group. Often physically violent towards Seo, electrocuting or hitting him when he angers her.
Ashikabi: Seo Kaoru
- Babies Ever After: She and her twin sister have a total of four kids by Seo.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Seo.
- Buxom Is Better: Seo tends to grope her over Hibiki for obvious reasons.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: By the thunderstorm of our pact, our Ashikabi's perils will be destroyed.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Seo flirting with other women tends to do this, sometimes even just some wildly perverted comments he made often result in a Death Glare at best, or Electric Torture at worst.
- Combat Stilettos: As suits her fetish-styled clothing.
- Comical Angry Face: She does it constantly.
- Cute Little Fangs: Bares them when particular angry.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Even Seo seems to agree with this being okay, and he's the one getting abused.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It doesn't take much to set her off.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: She'll berate and hit Seo any chance she gets, but you try to do it, that's your ass.
- Idiot Hair: Not always the brightest, and quite immature.
- I Shall Taunt You: Seems to work since it seems her and Seo have good sex.
- Jerkass: Well she is a Tsundere after all.
- Limit Break: Kaminari (lit: "Thunder")
- Meaningful Name: Hikari means "light", with her sister Hibiki meaning "sound". Or, thematically, "lightning" and "thunder".
- Polar Opposite Twins: With Hibiki.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Definitely the Red one. Ironically, she favors blue clothing.
- Running Gag: Whenever she meets one of Mikogami's Sekirei, she insists that Seo is better than their "handsome, smart, and rich" Ashikabi. Hibiki notes this doesn't even count as Sour Grapes.
- Shock and Awe: Her elemental ability.
- Shoot the Dog: The twins hunt and attack unemerged Sekirei, stating it's better to defeat them before they're able to find their Ashikabi. After all, they're almost certainly a Red Shirt and destined to have their bond broken in the end, making it a Mercy Kill.
- Stripperiffic: Her S&M outfit. Lampshaded by Minato when he meets her (and Hikari) the second time.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Her son(s) can also generate electricity.
- Tsundere: With the Tsun Turned Up to Eleven that's even worse than Tsukiumi. One minute she's zapping Seo, then making love to him the next, followed by some more zapping.
- You Are Number 6: #11
The twin sister of Hikari. She has power over lightning, and is soft-spoken and kind, compared to her more violent sister. Together with her sister, she hunted unemerged Sekirei and attacked Musubi. However, she quickly becomes an important ally of Minato's group and attempts to temper her sister's more aggressive behavior.
Ashikabi: Seo Kaoru
- Apologises a Lot: Always apologizing for something Seo or Hikari has done.
- Babies Ever After: She and her twin sister have a total of four kids by Seo.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: By the thunderstorm of our pact, our Ashikabi's perils will be destroyed.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Still, if Seo attempts to flirt with another woman...
- Combat Stilettos: To suit her S&M styled gear.
- The Cutie: Which is desperately needed to contrast her sister's Tsundere ways.
- Housewife: Seems to be her role while Hikari is too busy zapping Seo.
- Idiot Hair: Somewhat innocent, in particular when compared to Seo and her sister.
- Limit Break: Kaminari (lit: "Thunder")
- Meaningful Name: Hibiki means "sound", with her sister Hikari meaning "light". Or, thematically, "thunder" and "lightning".
- Nice Girl: Unlike her sister, she shows Seo support and tries to make him feel better after a usual thrashing from Hikari.
- Polar Opposite Twins: You wouldn't even associate her with Hikari if they didn't look alike.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: She's the Blue Oni. Ironically, she favors Red clothing.
- Shock and Awe: Her elemental ability.
- Shoot the Dog: The twins hunt and attack unemerged Sekirei, stating it's better to defeat them before they're able to find their Ashikabi. After all, they're almost certainly a Red Shirt and destined to have their bond broken in the end.
- Stripperiffic: Minato even comments on it, comparing it to S&M gear.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Her son(s) also have the power to generate electricity.
- You Are Number 6: #12
He is very soft-spoken and kind, and considers Kusano his younger sister. His powers are related to death, and he is known as the "Death God" Sekirei, with many urban legends surrounding him. While extremely powerful, he dislikes violence and expresses remorse for having to hurt others in battle. After Higa kidnaps Yukari, he is briefly forced to join Uzume in hunting other Sekirei.
Ashikabi: Yukari Sahashi
- Adorkable: He's meek, polite and very earnest.
- Adrenaline Makeover: Shiina is growing up quite nicely.
- Affectionate Nickname: Kusano calls him "Shii-chan".
- Apologetic Attacker: Not only for his attacks, but spends more time apologizing for Yukari's ruthless ways.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Why Yukari thinks crossdressing makes a great disguise for him.Shiina eliminates most of his opponents without much effort, and practically destroys Yashima in one hit.
- Badass Adorable: No one expects such a cute, gentle boy to kick so much ass.
- Badass Long Coat: Begins wearing a black one later on, to complete his "Death God" image.
- Bad Powers, Good People: While his powers are death-related, Shiina is one of the purest characters in the series.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Kuu.
- Bishōnen: MUCH to Yukari's delight.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: By the corpse of my pact, my Ashikabi's burdens shall withered.
- Casting a Shadow: Shiina's death/decay powers.
- Catchphrase: Number 107, Shiina. I'm your grim reaper.
- The Cavalry: He returns to defend the MBI headquarters from a Special Forces team sent to capture the terminated Sekirei.
- The Champion: To Yukari and Kusano.
- Crash-Into Hello: How he meets Yukari.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Almost all his battles are this.
- Dark Is Not Evil: One of the sweetest Sekirei around, not what you would expect from the Sekirei of Death.
- The Dark Side: Temporarily forced to go here to save Yukari for Higa
- Disguised in Drag: Thanks to Yukari.
- Do You Want to Copulate?: His attitude towards sex with Yukari. He's ready, and whenever she says the word, he'll comply.
- Dragged into Drag: Poor Shiina, most of the time he doesn't find joy in Yukari making him crossdress.
- Earn Your Title: There is a reason why he is known as the "Death God", despite being so kind-hearted. His powers are very destructive.
- Gray Eyes: Signifying innocence (and beauty, according to Yukari).
- Hes All Grown Up: He's slightly shorter than Yukari at the time of their first meeting, but stands taller than her by the end of the manga. His face is also noticeably more mature-looking. This is especially notable as it makes him the only Sekirei who appears to physically age in anyway on screen.
- I Will Find You: Determined to find Kuu at all costs.
- Limit Break: World's End Garden, Death Wings
- Magical Boyfriend: To Yukari.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The feminine boy to Yukari's masculine girl.
- Meaningful Name: Shi means "Death".
- Mystical White Hair: His white hair hints at his mystical abilities.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: The "Death God" Sekirei.
- Nice Guy: Unlike his Ashikabi.
- Psychic Link: With Kuu, heightening the fact that they were pretty much designed to complement one another. Shiina and Kuu appear to sense how the other is faring, and are capable of knowing if the other is nearby.
- The Red Baron: The Shinigami Sekirei, often translated as either "Death God" or "Grim Reaper".
- Reluctant Warrior: He'd rather not fight, if given the choice. He's often apologetic towards those he has to fight.
- Share the Male Pain: Cowers or covers his eyes, winching in sympathy whenever Yukari delivers her signature Groin Attack to a rival Ashikabi.
- Shinigami: The symbolism is heavily tied to his character, powers, and reputation.
- Shout-Out: "World's End Garden", his first Norito shares it's name with a short story by the same author.
- Standard Female Grab Area: A rare male example. Mikogami is able to restrain him simply by grabbing his wrist, requiring Yukari to intervene and rescue him. This, after his first appearance had established that Shiina was already a powerful Sekirei with a Touch of Death.
- Took a Level in Badass: His time forced to work for Higa made him even stronger.
- Touch of Death: His "Death Wings" technique.
- Walking Wasteland: The effect of his special abilities, in particular his Norito.
- You Are Number 6: #107
A weak Sekirei that wanted out of the Sekirei Plan with her Ashikabi, Haruka Shigi. Her power is a sonic scream.
Ashikabi: Haruka Shigi
- Blood from the Mouth: When she overuses her Norito.
- The Bus Came Back: She returns to the capital to help when it's clear the final battle has arrived.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: This is a song of my vow, please light the path of my Ashikabi.
- The Cavalry: She uses her Norito to help defend MBI headquarters from a Special Forces team sent to capture the terminated Sekirei.
- Cowardly Lion: Using her Norito against the Discipline Squad most likely saved them all, by giving Tsukiumi more time to arrive.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Unlike most Sekirei, she's incredibly weak and clumsy. But she's cute enough that Haruka forgives her for being useless.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: A letter sent to Minato reveals what happened to them after the escape. They've happily living with Haruka's parents, after a vague explanation of them being engaged. Haruka's parents ADORE her.
- Fragile Flower: She often breaks into tears.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Though cute, rather than beautiful.
- The Load: Particularly jarring since she's a Sekirei, but requires her Ashikabi to protect her.
- Magical Girlfriend: Though not very "magical", much to Haruka's disappointment.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: She has a sonic scream, and her Norito allows her to hypnotize others with song.
- Meet Cute: First met Haruka on a cold day, when he took pity on her and bought her some meat buns.
- Music Soothes the Savage Beast: The effect of her Norito, a beautiful song that drains the strength from other Sekirei and caused Haihane to become so relaxed she began to fall asleep right there.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: A sonic scream, which......basically just hurts her opponent's ears, but has no offensive capability.
- You Are Number 6: #95
- Zettai Ryouiki: A type B.
A strong and exceptionally skilled Sekirei, wielding a naginata in battle. Her Ashikabi is Oosumi Orihiko, who she found with Homura's assistance. She is extremely honorable and kind-hearted, but takes her role as a warrior very seriously. A long-time friend of Musubi, the two share a significant history and have promised to face each other in battle. After Yukari decides to quit and flees the capital, Orihiko and Kaho become the last remaining group with only a single Sekirei.
Ashikabi: Oosumi Orihiko
- Action Girlfriend: The first few times, Oosumi was a bit frightened of how eager she is for a good fight.
- Androcles' Lion: Homura once protected her as the Guardian, leading her to rescue his Ashikabi when they meet in the 3rd Stage.
- Blade on a Stick: A naginata, as befits her ladylike manners.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: This is the Dance of my Pledge. Smash the Calamities that befall my Ashikabi!
- Chekhov's Gunman: First glimpsed as one of the Sekirei that Homura remembers helping.
- Dance Battler: She uses attacks themed around traditional Kabuki dances, and is elegant when she fights.
- A Death In The Lime Light: She's given quite a bit of focus, prior to facing Karasuba in battle.
- The Dog Bites Back: One of her major goals, after being tormented by Karasuba as a child.
- Friendly Rivalry: Musubi is her dearest friend, but they promised the next time they met they would fight.
- Hair Decorations: A pink ribbon.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Karasuba stabs her in the back.
- Lady of War: Her named attacks all involve dances, and she uses the traditional weapon of a high-born lady.
- Limit Break: Sekirei Kagura - "Hiyoku no Mai" (Sekirei Sacred Dance - "Lover's Dance")
- Love Freak: Like Musubi, she thinks of Love as the most important thing in the world.
- Magical Girlfriend: To Oosumi, though he initially tried to reject her.
- Miko: Her outfit closely resembles the traditional look.
- Naginatas Are Feminine: She's the very image of a proper Japanese lady.
- Paper Cutting: To Karasuba.
- The Promise: That the next time they met, she would fight Musubi. When they meet pre-battle, they avoid facing each other so they technically aren't breaking the promise.
- Proud Warrior Race Girl: She's proud of her warrior heritage as a Sekirei, and deeply honorable.
- Razor Wind: Her primary means of attack when wielding her naginata.
- Sacrificial Lion: She's terminated by Karasuba, after a particularly difficult battle.
- Unknown Rival: Karasuba even responds by asking who she is.
- Worthy Opponent: Mutually with Musubi, and hopes to be viewed as this by Karasuba.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: States that even though Kusano is a fellow Sekirei, attacking her is completely off-limits due to her age.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She evokes the image through her appearance, choice of weapon, and dance-themed attacks.
- You Are Number 6: #87
A thug fought by Yukari and Shiina. After his defeat, he puts out a fake bounty on her head.
- Dirty Coward: Tries to get others to do his dirty work.
- Domestic Abuse: Beats his Sekirei, claiming that she's his to do whatever he wants with.
- Future Loser: Near the end, after all Sekirei have been revived minus Karasuba, he encounters #84 again, and she wants absolutely nothing to do with him. When he tries to grab her and take her by force, both she and Homura lay the smackdown on him until he goes away, crying, and alone.
- Jerkass: Even more so than Mikogami and Higa, since he abuses Yashima frequently.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Yukari kicks him in the crotch in the same way he abused Yashima.
- Never Bring A Knife To A Sekirei Battle: Bad idea, pulling a knife on a rival Ashikabi after their Sekirei beats yours.
- Pixellation: After Shiina destroys his clothing.
- Sore Loser: He first tries to knife Yukari after losing to her, and later takes out a bounty on her in petty revenge.
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You?: How he treats Yashima, blaming her for the abuse he heaps on her.
An Ashikabi that approaches Minato during the 3rd Stage, and proposes a mass escape attempt. However, he is cold-hearted towards the plight of other pairs and even mocks those he defeated in the past. After mocking Haruka and Kuno, his request is rejected and he is forced to flee when discovered by the Discipline Squad. Karasuba later terminates his Sekirei, and he is taken into custody.
- Asshole Victim: Such an asshole that Minato refuses to help him.
- Faux Affably Evil: He initially tries to act friendly, but quickly begins to mock other Ashikabi as weaklings.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: He doesn't seem to have much compassion or sympathy for others.
- Jerkass: So much so that Minato and Musubi flat-out refuse his request for aid.
- Laser-Guided Karma: In the form of Karasuba, who hunts him down.
- Smug Snake: He brags about prior victories, but sees nothing wrong with fleeing once he realizes he's got no chance of winning.
An Ashikabi in an abusive relationship with her Sekirei. She considers Yukari her rival and seeks to steal the title of "Demon Ashikabi" from her.
- By the Hair: Amebane uses her Girlish Pigtails this way.
- Destructive Romance/Mad Love: Tolerates all manner of abuse from Amebane, while declaring her love for him.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her style has elements of this.
- Girlish Pigtails: As part of her Loli style.
- Jerkass: Quite cruel to Yukari when the other girl was seasick. However, becomes a Jerkass Woobie once the nature of her relationship with her Sekirei becomes clear.
- Perky Goth: She's initially energetic, though becomes more subdued once Amebane takes the lead.
- The Rival: Attempts to be this to Yukari.
- Screaming Woman: A good percent of her lines are her squealing in terror (or pain).
- Tattoo as Character Type: A rose, on her left breast.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B
A Sekirei that is tricked into accepting a bounty placed on Yukari and Shiina. She survives the battle, and later appears during the 4th Match. However, when she realizes that Yukari is taking part, she retreats from the match. Later on, it is revealed that she somehow escaped the capital and ended up in Kyoto. There, she and her Ashikabi encountered Haruka and Kuno, passing on valuable information to them about the goings-on in the capital. When the capital is attacked by outside military forces, she gathers other pairs in hiding to defend headquarters.
Ashikabi: Tsudanuma Osamu
- Bare Your Midriff: Though mild by Sekirei standards.
- Barrier Warrior: She uses an ability called "Sekirei Guard", that creates an energy wall to ward off enemies.
- The Cavalry: She gathers other Sekirei that survived in hiding, and comes to the rescue of the beseiged MBI headquarters.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Osamu and Narashino are first introduced in an omake, and appear again to cause a mass retreat from the 4th Match. Then a later chapter reveals they escaped the capital, and befriended Haruka and Kuno. Their information prompts Haruka to write a letter to Minato, which provides him with an extra boost of resolve.
- Fiery Redhead: She's passionate and energetic.
- Magical Girlfriend: To her Ashikabi, naturally.
- Horrible Judge of Character: She falls for Junichi's lies hook, line, and sinker.
- Kansai Regional Accent: She has one, oddly enough.
- Martial Arts Headband: With the Sekirei symbol on it.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Upon spotting Yukari and Shiina in the 4th Match. She somehow managed to escape the capital after that.
- Tomboy: Her clothing is sporty, and she uses a rough dialect.
- A Twinkle in the Sky: Thanks to Shiina.
- You Are Number 6: #74. She even wears in on her clothing.
A Sekirei that wields a massive halberd, and managed to win the 2nd match. She celebrates her victory with her Ashikabi, Takano Kouji, but was attacked and terminated by two of Higa's agents in order to steal the Jinki.
Ashikabi: Takano Kouji
- Action Girlfriend: To Takano.
- An Axe to Grind: She wields a massive battle axe.
- Fiery Redhead: She's passionate and strong-willed.
- Magical Girlfriend: Of course.
- Opera Gloves: It adds a touch of elegance to her outfit.
- Sacrificial Lamb: She's immediately taken out, after being introduced. She pretty much exists to highlight the threat of Higa's agents.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Her back is completely exposed.
- Short Hair with Tail: A messy fringe and a long tail, wrapped in ribbon.
- Sorry That I'm Dying: With the last of her strength, she tries to apologize to her Ashikabi.
- You Are Number 6: #73
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
An abused Sekirei who faces Shiina in battle.
Ashikabi: Junichi Tanigawa
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Hammer of my contract, crush my Ashikabi's enemies.
- Cute Bruiser: Sweet and girly in appearance, but she's capable of unleashing powerful attacks.
- The Dog Bites Back: Near the end, after all the terminated Sekirei are revived, she and Junichi Tanigawa meet again, and she pointedly ignores him. When he tries to take her by force, even after Homura "warns" him, she swats him aside, and walks away, leaving him crying, alone.
- Drop the Hammer: Wields a MASSIVE hammer as her primary weapon.
- Extreme Doormat: Allows herself to be pushed around to the extreme, even though she's got massive physical strength. This stops after she's revived, and she doesn't let anyone do that to her again.
- Limit Break: Gravity Hammer
- Mini Dress Of Power: A short, summer dress.
- Sorry I Fell on Your Fist: She apologizes constantly to her abusing Ashikabi.
- You Are Number 6: #84
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
A male Sekirei that battles Shiina during the 3rd Stage. He holds a deep hatred of humans and is abusive towards his Ashikabi.
Ashikabi: Yashiro Itsuki
- Ax-Crazy: Completely deranged and in love with violence.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: A fist-type Sekirei.
- Bare Your Midriff: His battle gear.
- Battle Aura: Uses his to knock his Ashikabi out of the way.
- Bishōnen: Yukari states that his face is the only cute thing about him.
- Blood Knight: He readily ignores the point of the game (find a Jinki) in favor of fighting a strong opponent.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: These are the palms of my pledge, by my bare hands destroy the foes of my Ashikabi.
- The Coats Are Off: Wears a coat over his fighting gear, which makes him look incredibly innocent.
- Cute Bruiser: In looks only, as his personality is horrible.
- Domestic Abuse: His relationship with his Ashikabi, who he berates and throws around like a rag doll.
- Jerkass: He doesn't think much of his Ashikabi and has a snide personality.
- Fantastic Racism: Views humans with disgust. Treats his Ashikabi like trash, stating that he only has one in order to use his full power.
- Limit Break: Megafist
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: He smashes Yukari's boarding pass, which ends up preventing Shiina from being terminated at the conclusion of the 4th Match.
- Straw Misogynist: He seems to exist solely to hate on humans and women in particular, for no apparent reason. Considering that almost all Sekirei are female, his misogyny seems a bit out of place.
- 13 Is Unlucky: A vicious, cruel Sekirei.
- You Are Number 6: #13