- When the Totoros make acorns Mei planted grow rapidly into an enormous tree with Satsuki and Mei helping.
- And the moonlight ride following it.
- Totoro's discovery of the umbrella. Once he realizes that it shields his head from the rain (or perhaps he simply really enjoys the sound the rain makes upon hitting the umbrella), he jumps so hard that the trees shed all the rain they've been carrying... but note that once the trees have shed everything, nothing is falling any longer. Totoro's jump knocked all the rain out of the sky.
- The way Mr. Kusakabe accepts what Satsuke and Mei tell him after they meet Totoro:
- He is always playful with them;
- When they go to the shrine under the camphor tree, Mr. Kusakabe has them bow to the tree and he thanks the spirits for watching over Mei;
- When he gets off the bus and Satsuki and Mei excitedly tell him they saw Totoro, after they walk home he never mentions the missing umbrella...
- Satsuki literally runs for kilometers to find her little sister. Barefoot. Big Sister Instinct at its finest.
Awesome / My Neighbor Totoro