- When the kids that Manny is narrating a story to press the Trauma Button of his deceased family, Diego immediately steps in to scare them off (so Manny doesn't have to re-live the trauma of his deceased loved ones), proving how much the Herd cares about each other.
- Scrat saves the day in this movie. Yes, Scrat.
- Him beating up an entire school of piranhas as well.
- Sid's tribal-dance number with the pygmy sloths.
- "Food, Glorious Food" sung by the Vultures.
- The dam breaking is incredible to see, with a massive tsunami of water destroying the thin wall of ice that finally gives out, and then surging across the valley at frightening speed.
- Diego finally overcoming his fear of water to save Sid, Eddie and Crash.
- And afterwards, when Diego reminds Sid that most animals can swim even as infants (something Sid taught him earlier), Sid responds, "Yeah, but not tigers. I left that part out." Meaning that Sid of all people pulled off a hell of a Stealth Mentor role, and that Diego managed to figure out swimming despite it not being instinctive for him. Even Diego is surprised when he realizes Sid's technique.
- Diego orchestrating the others to cooperate when they're stuck on some precarious rocks stacked on top of one another.
- A veritable army of mammoths arriving at the end, after an entire film of Manny (and later Ellie) believing themselves to be the last ones, accompanied by a magnificent soundtrack.
- What's more awesome is Manny choosing his friends over the mammoths, and none of them seem to hold it against him and even cheer him on when he and Ellie become a couple.
Awesome / Ice Age 2: The Meltdown