- Bill Denbrough's first face-to-face encounter with It. After learning from Eddie about a possible lair of the creature, he steals his dad's pistol and enlists Richie to come back him up. Upon first seeing It, he pulls his gun and screams "You killed my brother, you fucker!" and opens fire.
- Christine's cameo, in which Henry Bowers drives her to the hotel where the Losers are sleeping at. It has to be read to be believed.
- Beverly's beatdown of her abusive husband Tom at the beginning of the book. Also, especially as shown in the movie, a great bit of Foreshadowing for Beverly's later nearly killing IT with the slingshot. She has wicked aim.
- IT killing Patrick Hockstetter. This comes in effect once you remember that he killed his younger brother, and tortures and kills animals.
- IT then kills Tom, who was a Domestic Abuser.
- The Loser's Club makes the self-appointed "eater of worlds and of children" plead for its life.
- In a flashback sequence, Mike's father corners Henry's father with a shotgun after the latter poisoned his chickens. Mr. Hanlon gives him a fair warning to stay away from him and his family.
- "This is battery acid, you slime!" The best part is that it works. A kid runs up to a world-devouring monster, sprays it with an inhaler, and burns off part of its face.
- Even better in the book: "BATTERY ACID, FUCKNUTS!"
- Richie, Ben and Bev's beatdown of and escape from Henry's gang outside the Aladdin. In fact, just about every time one of the Losers bests Henry, it's a little CMOA.
- Ben's epic Groin Attack to Henry.
- The Apocalyptic Rock-Fight has several smaller moments within in it.
- The Losers can tell something's coming, but don't know what. At Stuttering Bill's command to "gather rocks", they all make big piles and nobody questions it.
- The unquestioning acceptance of Mike Hanlon, and the instant recognition that he's a Loser too, even before any of them had actually met.
- Ben's reaction to Beverly getting hit in the face with a rock.
- Ben showing up his Jerkass high school coach for bullying him for being fat.
- Richie's psychic rescue of Stuttering Bill when the latter can't quite complete the fight. That is, managing to tell jokes and complete the job of the Ritual of Chüd, while terrified out of his mind.IT: You're all too old! Don't you understand that? Now let me GO!Richie: Hey, bitch, you're never too old to rock and roll.
Richie: I know, but sometimes, honeychile, I lie. My Momma, she beat me fo it, but my Daddy he done just about give up.
- And later:
- Each time Eddie stepped up and faced IT when the others were too afraid."I'm doing the Mashed Potatoes all over it AND I GOT A BROKEN ARM!"
- Then sacrificing himself so Richie and Bill can come back from the deadlights.
- Eddie finally standing up to his mother in the hospital when she tries to separate him from his friends."Bill and the rest of my friends will be back, Ma. That's something I know. And when they come you're not going to stop them. You're not going to say a word to them. They're my friends, and you're not going to steal my friends just cause you're scared of being alone."
- Bill gets in a good Shut Up, Hannibal! to IT and shows that after all this time and terror, he's still pissed at IT for attacking his little brother and friends. Even though the fight doesn't start off so well for him, he makes good on his promise.Bill: I'm still Bill Denbrough. You killed my brother and you killed Stan the Man, you tried to kill Mike. And I'm going to tell you something: this time I'm not going to stop until the job's done.
- The final battle with the titular monster is a great one for the Losers. It begins as a titanic mental showdown as the Spider tries to fling Bill across the universe and into the Deadlights, knowing that if It does, it will win. Bill desperately tries to hang on but finds himself slipping and unable to concentrate. Cue Richie rushing in to save him, mentally hurting It as it continues to try and fling them into the deadlights. When it seems as if Bill and Richie may not make it, Eddie, facing the physical Spider, sacrifices his life to grievously harm it and give the two enough time to pull themselves back to reality. With all of its masks gone, its Spider form heavily wounded and the deadlights far and away, IT is reduced to a horrified wreck arguably more terrified of the Losers than they are of IT. The last moments of Its life are a desperate attempt to bargain for Its life before Bill and Richie beat the ever loving eldritch snot of the thing and Bill crushes Its heart with his own two hands.
Awesome / IT