- The fact that, after almost 10 years, the series is finally going back to its roots as a World War II-era shooter.
- The reveal trailer cleverly using the M1 Garand's signature "ping" at the end had many old players who had quit playing years before rejoice.
- The intro is pretty awesome. Interspersed with speech excerpts from Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt, it shows Daniels' transition from civilian to soldier of the 1st Infantry Division.
- During the mission set in Aachen, Perez takes on a King Tiger tank and a couple of Panzer IV tanks with only one Sherman, and wins by sheer skill and luck alone.
- It takes a lot of nerve to trash talk into the face of a Nazi in a POW camp, even while on gunpoint, like Zussman did to Metz.
Awesome / Call of Duty: WWII