03:16:54 PM Apr 12th 2013
I think the picture is Just a Face and a Caption.
01:44:31 AM Apr 13th 2013
It's got badass + something military, but no more, ja. Feel free to start an Image Pickin'' thread about it.
08:43:34 PM Nov 12th 2012
Removed some problematic examples that need repair. This one is disputed. The argument doesn't belong on the main page. If most Artemis Fowl readers can agree that this is an example, please reword it so it isn't arguing with itself:
- Commander Julius Root of Artemis Fowl. While not quite a colonel, he occupies the last real field rank of the LEP and proves himself to be one of the sharpest and toughest characters in the first book.
- Except for the fact that it's not a field rank. In order for him to participate in a mission lots of paperwork, which most people can never get approved, needs to be filled out. Fortunately, the person responsible for filling out the paperwork is him.
- Discworld's Commander Samuel Vimes.
- Col. John Christian Falkenberg in Jerry Pournelle's SF stories.
- Col. Fedmahn Kassad in Dan Simmons' Hyperion Cantos.
- Col. Jack Deadham from The Blue Sword.
- Col. Steve Austin, The Six Million Dollar Man.
- The Colonel Badass page welcomes Col. John Casey of the NSA to this list.
- Colonel Xavier Marks of Combat Hospital is a medical version of this trope.
10:16:11 AM Sep 2nd 2011
How on earth is Quaritch a designated villain when he destroyed a Na'vi hometree without batting an eye?