Let's Play Hero:
edited 5th Oct '10 3:05:22 PM by Marioguy128
edited 14th Sep '10 3:39:44 PM by Marioguy128
|You are a One-Hit-Point Wonder in this game and you have a total of five lives. When they're used up you have to restart the entire level.|
|Also, hugging a wall for a few seconds kills you. I don't know why.|
|Let's go to the right.|
|You don't have to kill every enemy in this game. Only bother killing them if you have to open a door or if they're gonna get in your way. That said let's go over some of them.|
|This is a drone. They're the Mascot Mook for the series and they are The Goomba. They take 2 hits to die and all they do is chase you. They are pretty slow so they shouldn't be much trouble.|
|These are Reavers. They take four hits. They also chase you... and can't do much else. However they are as fast as you so they're more threatening. Take them out as quick as possible.|
|That is a Supergun. One is hidden in every level.|
|If you die with the Supergun you lose it and it doesn't respawn. Had trouble with a certain enemy? Too bad! You'll have to restart the level to get it back.|
|Back at the starting room, this time going to the left...|
|Going to the right!|
|The path is blocked by a barrier. We have to take it down by taking down a generator.|
|These are crushers. They take 8 hits to kill and are slightly faster than you. The only way for them to hurt you is by ramming into you.|
|Back in the previous room this time going up.|
|These things are generators. You have to destroy them to open doors. They take 64 hits to kill and aren't that hard to take out. They fire bullets at you and sometimes fires a spreadshot.|
|Firing anywhere else won't do anything.|
|Don't worry about the caged enemy.|
|These are Hunters. They are slightly faster than you and take 16 hits to kill. Unlike most other enemies we encountered, they can fire at you. Take them out quick.|
|That door you see on the right can only be opened by taking out a boss. The bosses quickly become degraded bosses in the levels after the one they were fought in.|
|These are spawners. They take 16 hits to kill. They can fire in an upward arc and spawn enemies to give you trouble. These should be taken out first.|
edited 25th Sep '10 4:27:47 PM by Marioguy128
- Did I mention the music in this game is really chip-tuney and grating on the ears? Thankfully the music isn't so grating in Hero Core.
- When entering a room with a generator you should always look for a safe spot to hide from its bullet spray.
- Also hello Degraded Boss!
- (The moment I got into this room, the ceiling collapsed around the hunter. I wasn't fast enough to screencap that.)
- To deal with these guys, try to firing at them while circling them. Be careful, these guys can shoot projectiles so try to stay as far away from them as possible. If you have the Supergun you'll take them down faster.
- Updates should be a little more frequent now.
edited 2nd Oct '10 1:03:15 PM by Marioguy128
|These are Annihilators. They are really really dangerous. I really hope you have the Supergun or you will have a lot of trouble with this guy. They shoot slow bullets that clutter up the screen so you can't move around as much. They shoot three bullets in quick succession at you. And they shoot out four bullets diagonally and cardinally alternating between the two. I suggest you circle around them and using any availible scenery to hide from these guys until an opening shows up.|
edited 15th Oct '10 4:29:53 PM by Marioguy128
- These are Annihilators. They are really really dangerous. I really hope you have the Supergun or you will have a lot of trouble with this guy. . . .
edited 25th Sep '10 11:40:27 AM by GoggleFox
You need to Get Known to get one of those.