The Science and Sci-fi Questions Thread:
edited 20th Feb '13 9:23:44 PM by IuraCivium
- g = m/r^2
r = 1.42
g = 4.52 * (1.42^2)
g = 2.242
Convert to m/s^2:
g = 9.8 * 2.242
g = 22 m/s^2 You can reverse calculate a three times surface gravity in relation to Earth from that and tinker the numbers to fit your world building.
edited 20th Feb '13 10:11:43 PM by MajorTom
edited 22nd Feb '13 5:43:03 PM by Alma
- back leg with fused toes like a tail, they can sit on it like a chair, their spine and hind leg are in perfect alignment.
- their feet kinda-sort look like human feet from a distance, but only in that they were descendants of a primate-like critter.
- consider tri-lateral symmetry. Their body has three sides.
- remember the impact their body and anatomy has on their culture. Would a three-legged (and possible 3-sided) alien see us two-legs (2-sided) "huu-maans" as weird?
- Comparative foot morphology via the other wiki
edited 22nd Feb '13 7:22:32 PM by TairaMai
edited 22nd Feb '13 8:43:09 PM by Alma
edited 22nd Feb '13 10:09:02 PM by TairaMai
edited 22nd Feb '13 10:20:50 PM by Alma
edited 23rd Feb '13 2:18:02 PM by Alma
edited 23rd Feb '13 4:22:33 PM by TairaMai
edited 23rd Feb '13 7:45:55 PM by Matues