Why does Superman get deconstructed?:
- Supeman is the most recognizable superhero, so deconstructing him will strike a chord with most people.
- Superman is seen as "dull", because he's the ultimate example of The Cape. People in Real Life, particularly those who see us living in a Crapsack World, have a hard time believing Superman is "realistic".
- Tropes like Like Reality Unless Noted, Reed Richards Is Useless and other forms of Status Quo Is God don't really work when you have a guy who is a Physical God running around. There is no way the world as it exists today would exist if a person of Superman's power level actually existed. However, thanks to Money, Dear Boy, DC Comics will never actually explore that as far as it could go.
edited 28th Dec '11 5:17:46 AM by Sijo
edited 28th Dec '11 8:38:11 AM by johnnyfog
edited 28th Dec '11 11:38:05 AM by KingZeal
edited 28th Dec '11 4:14:00 PM by TheBadinator
edited 28th Dec '11 6:40:38 PM by KingZeal
edited 29th Dec '11 6:42:54 AM by silver2195
- The worlds most intelligent sociopath
- A 5th dimensional being
- A Cyborg powered by Kryptonite
- A creature who can absorb your powers
- A reversed clone
- An alien supercomputer
- A rogue Kryptonian
- A mad man whose weapons could be in the hands of children
- A guy with kryptonite coursing through his veins
- A living Sun and the God of Tyranny himself
edited 29th Dec '11 8:20:03 PM by silver2195
edited 30th Dec '11 10:41:16 AM by TheEvilDrBolty
edited 30th Dec '11 11:57:04 PM by GAP