- Anticlimax Boss: In all non-Japanese versions of the game, the Black Jewel only has one phase, and this phase can easily be exploited by outrunning the fire laser attack; unless it traps you in the fire, it won't use any of its other attacks, which results in a very bland and repetitive final battle.
- Awesome Music:
- Game Breaker: The fact that if you die, you can continue right where you left off (including right in the middle of a boss fight) as long as you pay a piddly sum of coins.
- It's Short, so It Sucks: This game has a reputation for being over rather quickly, with its whopping eight levels (Though they are fairly long, around twenty to thirty minutes each), going well with Luigi's Mansion on the "list of Gamecube games critics took points off of for being short."
- So Bad, It's Good: The pause screen "music".
"NAAAAAAAH NYAH NYAH NYAAAAAAAH NYAH! NAAAAAAAH NYAH NYAH NYAAAAAAAH NYAH!"note
- That One Boss: Captain Skull is a pain to fight after you knock off his first three "Skulls." If for no other reason than he is immune to punches after you do.
- That One Level: Pecan Sands was long, filled with Goddamned Bats and Demonic Spiders, had underground areas that were either Platform Hell or That One Puzzle, and the boss? Ironsider.
- That One Puzzle: One of the underground puzzle rooms from Pecan Sands, which involves punching arrow blocks in certain directions in a certain order to get to the diamond. It is very difficult to solve without a guide or prior knowledge.