- Anticlimax Boss: In all non-Japanese versions of the game, the Black Jewel only has one phase, and this phase can easily be exploited by outrunning the fire laser attack; unless it traps you in the fire, it won't use any of its other attacks, which results in a very bland and repetitive final battle.
- Awesome Music:
- Game Breaker: The fact that if you die, you can continue right where you left off (including right in the middle of a boss fight) as long as you pay a piddly sum of coins.
- It's Short, so It Sucks: This game has a reputation for being over rather quickly, with its whopping eight levels, going well with Luigi's Mansion on the "list of Gamecube games critics took points off of for being short."
- So Bad, It's Good: The pause screen "music".
"NAAAAAAAH NYAH NYAH NYAAAAAAAH NYAH! NAAAAAAAH NYAH NYAH NYAAAAAAAH NYAH!"
- That One Boss: Captain Skull is a pain to fight after you knock off his first three "Skulls." If for no other reason than he is immune to punches after you do.
- That One Level: Pecan Sands was long, filled with Goddamned Bats and Demonic Spiders, had underground areas that were either Platform Hell or That One Puzzle, and the boss? Ironsider.
- That One Puzzle: One of the underground puzzle rooms from Pecan Sands, which involves punching arrow blocks in certain directions in a certain order to get to the diamond. It is very difficult to solve without a guide or prior knowledge.