YMMV entries for the Western Animation series, Underdog:
- Ear Worm: The Underdog Theme Song
When criminals in this world appear
And break the laws that they should fear
And rob from all who see or hear
The cry goes out both far and near
For Underdog (Underdog)
Speed of lightning, roar of thunder
Fighting all who rob or plunder
- Fridge Brilliance: In the "Commander McBragg" cartoons you can tell he's making up his stories because he looks the same in all his flashbacks as he does when he's telling his story. He would've been years younger had they'd really happened.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: An ending to one story had Underdog humorously fly into the engine of a plane, with no real consequence. In The Incredibles, its a very different story.
- Iron Woobie: Underdog's civilian incognito, Shoeshine Boy. He's extremely polite to everyone, even the villains, and gets constantly beat up on by Simon and Riff. But since he does not want to reveal his true identity, he takes every hit. Awww...
For The Movie:
- Awesome Music: The remix of the classic theme heard in the intro is pretty badass.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Since the film was released, the rights to the Underdog property have gone to rivals DreamWorks Animation, and then to Universal Studios as well. This means that Disney now has to pay their biggest rival companies licensing fees, or ask for their permission, if they want to show the film again. Oops.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This wouldn't be the last time Peter Dinklage went by the name of Simon.
- Ho Yay: "That time when I met that cute poodle and.. it turned out to be a guy."
- So Okay, It's Average: Really it's a kids movie and a live action adaptation at that. Only reason it bombed was basic lack of interest due to these factors. On its own, it's an alright little romp with a few chuckles. And at the least it keeps the basic gist of the cartoon better than, say, Inspector Gadget (so Disney and Spyglass, the successor to Caravan, which co-produced the IG film had learned their lesson from that disaster).