For 2007 Live-Action film
- The opening narration where Shoeshine describes his job as police bomb squad dog and states that he was a genuine success. Then in the middle of the mayor's speech, Shoeshine sets off an alarm and the cops open the crate to reveal... a piece of ham! Thus leaves him humiliated by the rest of the squad dogs.
Shoeshine: (narrating) All right, I'll be honest with you. I wasn't exactly the best dog on the force. In fact, I was probably the worst. The ham was just the latest of my mistakes. Like the time I chewed that extension cord and it was still plugged in. Or when I met that cute poodle and it turned out to be a guy. It's hard to feel destined for greatness when you keep messing up. But destiny's a funny thing. It'll creep up on you when you least expect it.
(A tall thug grabs Shoeshine and carries him over to a big black van)
Cad: Gotcha! Last one for tonight.
- When Barsinsiter prepares to use the serum on Shoeshine... when the dog sneezes on him.
Barsinster: Yuck!Cad: Gross! Your mouth was open!
(Barsinister wipes his face and glares at Cad)
Barsinister: Just hold him!
- As Dan leaves the house for work he tells an unwilling Jack to watch Shoeshine for him.
Dan Unger: You know what? Give him a chance. You might even like him.
Jack Unger: I don't think so! All he does is eat, sleep and poop!
Dan Unger: Then the two of you have a lot in common, don't ya?
- When Shoeshine starts talking to Jack, the dog is just as surprised and freaked out as Jack is!
Jack: Did you hear something?
Shoeshine: Nope! Did you?
Jack: Did you just talk?
Shoeshine: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait a minute! You can understand me?
- Shoeshine upon discovering his flight powers for hte first time.
Shoeshine: WHOO-HOO! This is way better than sticking your head out of a moving car!
- Jay Leno's cameo
Jay Leno: I wanted to have Underdog on the show tonight, but as you know, he's not allowed on the couch. Yeah, that's kind of a problem. (Audience laughs)