YMMV: 100 Bullets
- Crosses the Line Twice: "Did you bust a nut when I...?"
- Draco in Leather Pants: Azzarello was disturbed to discover that Lono was inexplicably popular among female fans. Keep in mind that the character is, among many other unpleasant things, a misogynistic rapist.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Cole Burns and because of Misaimed Fandom, Lono.
- Evil Is Sexy: Megan and Echo. Some of the minor female Trust members are also pretty hot, but it's not emphasized to the same degree as those two.
- Fridge Brilliance: The fact that the Trust is composed of 13 families initially just seems like a detail added in to make them seem more evil (because, y'know...13 is an unlucky number). Then we find out that the Trust were the real founders of the United States—a nation that started out as a union of 13 colonies. One colony for each house of the Trust.
- Genius Bonus: Several involving the American-history stuff.
- "Lono" is a Hawaiian god of fertility and music. Aside of the fact that Lono is Hawaiian, he bears very little resemblance to the god.
- Tear Jerker: The scenes in Wylie Runs The Voodoo Down when Wylie kills Martin and Rose respectively (Rose was in a flashback), the above mentioned fate of the Rome brothers, and much of the final issue.
- And Wylie's death. That got me right here.