YMMV: Melty Blood
- Crazy Awesome: Kohaku. Oh sweet merciful Christ Kohaku. Almost all of the random weird shit that finds its way into Melty Blood, like Mech-Hisui and Neco-Arc Chaos, is directly her fault storywise.
Kohaku: Um, it's not your turn yet, Mr. Nero. Would you please read between the lines? We are just a step away from the final boss. It doesn't fit if we have a fresh, cool new character right now.Roa: —Hold up one sec! Fine. The others may not know about me, I can let that go. Yeah, no problem. Butting in here would just be a tired joke now too... BUT, there is no way that you don't know me, right!? I'm begging you, explain a little bit to everyone why I would make a good Final Boss!Kohaku: Well, even if you say that, the SHIKI I know doesn't look like some pianist... Um, by the way, do you think you could leave now, Mr. Nero?Kohaku: Aha... You got me. Yes, I do in fact know your name. Ummm... it was... Mr. Neroa, right?Roa: Aaaah, I finally get some limelight and I get this kind of treatment... Do you really, REALLY hate me this much, Kohaku!?
- And lets not forget her story in ''Actress Again'', especially her dialogue with Roa.
- Kohaku admits to being the cause of White Len's tsundere personality, Sion's infinite combos, and just about every possible screwup and glitch imaginable in previous versions of Melty Blood.
- Kohaku is also such a nerd that she modeled Mech-Hisui's attacks after an Android Ranger from her favorite game, Phantasy Star Online. A consultant from SEGA was actually called in for this during game development.
- Crowning Musicof Awesome: Shiki Ryougi's Theme in Actress Again, which is a remix of a song from the Kara no Kyoukai anime.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Kishima Kouma has a bit of a following among fighting game fans who are unfamiliar with or otherwise not fond of the Tsukihime universe due to his more traditional fighting character design, and works as a sort of gateway drug to bringing new players to the game.
- Fan Nickname: Isn't it sad, Sacchin?
- Aquiha — Akiha Vermilion.
- Azaka — Akiha, named for her resemblance and (visually) similar abilities to Azaka Kokutou, a character from Kara no Kyoukai.
- Miss Beam Spam — Aoko.
- Roast Beef —
Reese BeeseRiesbyfe Stridberg.
- Sacchin — Satsuki Yumizuka.
- Princess Arcueid — Archetype-Earth.
- Hime — Archetype-Earth, again.
- Warcueid — Red Arcueid.
- Memetic Mutation: Warui Ne.
- MASH 2A
- EVERYTHING about Neco-Arc. And, to a lesser extent, Kohaku.
- Player Punch: Nee-san...Nee-san...
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Many fans of the early games consider the late releases as this. Reasons are:
- The original game, while being a fighting game had a very big emphasis on the novel-like story. Subsequent releases not only removed this story, but also threw every sense of Canon out the window and added stories that don't tie into the original games at all.
- Many story-oriented features and easter eggs got removed in order to make the game more balanced. For example, in the original game Red Arcueid had Super Armor at the beginning of each attack, and standing near V. Akiha would slowly reduce one's health (which made perfect sense, as her power was plundering energy via body contact.) as for easter eggs removed one of the more famous ones is in the original game using the shield to block Ciel's forward+weak attack x3 (one were Ciel does 3 sets of boxing style punches) attack with Arcueid will after she stops the 3rd hit of the move will cause Arcueid and Ciel to reenact a silly Cross Counter scene from Kagetsu Tohya this was removed in Re Act.
- Excuse Plots got added, in order to make characters, which were according to Word of God not going to make an appearance, appear anyways.
- Despite originally being a PC game, Re-Act was the last game exclusively made for the PC. Both Act Cadenza and Actress Again were first Arcade games, then got ported to the PS2, then again into the arcade and lastly got a PC port based on the PS2 version.
- Due to above, all traces of blood and shredded body parts had to be removed. A game about vampires talking about how they suck each others blood, tear their victims apart, break their necks and cut them into pieces. Not to mention that the game is called Melty BLOOD