- Awesome Music: The opening theme. A cute song that makes you drop your guard from all the wackiness installed.
- The theme song from the remake. Perfect for any ADHD kids to sing along to.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Shortly after making his manga debut, Tsun Tsukutsun proved to be rather popular, especially with the girls. Though, having the ability to kick Arale's ass when provoked kind of helps.
- I Am Not Shazam: Nobody is named Dr. Slump. Senbei isn't even the main character, a fact lampshaded numerous times.
- Subverted in the unaired Harmony Gold English Dub where Senbei's name is changed to Dr. Slump.
- Moral Event Horizon: Dr. Mashirito crossed it twice. The first time was when he abandoned Obatchaman for being good, and the second one was when he tried to kill Senbei so way he'd never provide Arale and Obatchaman with Robo-vita-A.
- More Popular Spin-off: Dragon Ball
- Squick: Suppaman eats poop.
- Tear Jerker: The scene where Arale realises that she will never grow up can be seen as this. Even if it lasts for few minutes, it can bring severe Mood Whiplash.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?