YMMV: Degrassi Junior High
- Acceptable Targets: The only characters who mention religion are the two most rotten parents on the show.
- Alas, Poor Scrappy/And There Was Much Rejoicing: Claude Tanner's suicide.
- Die for Our Ship: Claude's death, for Joey and Caitlin fans.
- Hilarious in Hindsight/"Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Shane's institutionalized due to drug-related brain damage. Snake is principal of Degrassi and married to Spike, Joey Jeremiah sold used cars for years, he and Caitlin lived together for a few years; and both Manny and Alli in Degrassi: The Next Generation have done the same changing-into-more-revealing-clothes thing Stephanie did starting in the pilot.
- Ho Yay: Arthur and Yick with their long running bromance. Joey and Wheels.
- Les Yay: Voula takes Stephanie's rejection of their friendship a little too hard.
Steph (justifying her behavior to win school president): "Boys like that sort of thing!"Voula: "So do girls!"
- Memetic Badass: Rick. We only hear about his reputation as a dangerous bad boy. We never see him get into any fights. And the trouble he causes is rather minor.
- Never Live It Down:
- The Degrassi parents don't like the idea of Christine Nelson being in school with their children after she gets pregnant
- Derek Wheeler killed a child while drunk driving.
- Tessa Campinelli told the other kids the school was burning down. She dated Alex of all people and even Yick. But it always comes back to the fact that Joey Jeremiah fucked her.
- No Yay: Michelle Accette's relationship with her father came off like this.
- Unnecessary Makeover: Stephanie Kaye gives one to herself. She was actually pretty without the makeup gun set to whore.
- Claude's reaction to the lack of appreciation for his silly dark emo poetry. "You're all a bunch of sheep!"
- Derek runs on it after his parents are killed.
- Warped Aesop: Joey tries to find a way out of having to fight the school bully Dwayne, who he knows will beat the tar out of him. So he plans to duck out of it by staying after school studying with a teacher. But at the last minute decides against it, and goes to the fight, and gets the crap beaten out of him. But his friends congratulate him, saying it's better to be beaten, bloody, and limping, than a chicken.