YMMV: Black Adventures
- Broken Base: Parts of the fandom got in a tizzy when Isshu's English name was announced to be Unova. Black is just calling it New York, probably to skirt around the issue.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Any time POD appears on-screen, the comments explode.
- He was even given his own slot on a recent character popularity poll; the only other characters to have their own slots were Black and N (understandably), with Ingo and Emmet sharing another slot, being Ensemble Darkhorses from the original games.
- The shiny Litwick in Episode 21 is gained a following fast enough to start the possibility of Black catching her. Artist!Black is aware of this, and drew a gijinka version of it. She even has a name.
- Fan Nickname: The Kami Trio contains Thundhurrus, Landorkus, and Tornadeuce/Tornerdus.
- Fanon: It has been established that Cheren is a male lesbian.
- Harsher in Hindsight: All of those funny comic strips involving N's Zorua, one of them being an April Fools joke by N where it transforms into a kid that could easily be N and Black's son? When Black winds up in the Team Plasma castle, you find out that it was so severely abused that it stopped wanting to be a Pokémon and transformed into a young hybrid of N and Black so that it could be with them after Plasma's plans came to fruition.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the story, Thundurus attacks Nimbasa City as well as the main character. In Pokémon Special, which the author is a fan of, the first doesn't happen, but the second does. It happens right after Black's gym battle against Elesa, to boot.
- Even more, the comic also depicted all three of the Kami Trio being in control of Team Plasma, just like Pokéspe.
- Then we had Cheren's Broken Pedestal towards Alder, which also happened to Trip in the anime for the very same reasons, namely Alder becoming senile and unserious.
- And again with Alder! This time anime!Alder never remembers Ash and Trip's name, much like in the comic he never get everyone else's.
- And now that N is oficially in the anime he's pretty much tagging along Ash and co. just like he does with Black in the comic.
- Ho Yay: Like there's no tomorrow. N is pretty much openly in love with Black and Black isn't protesting too loudly.
Kcalb: Relax, I could never hurt you.(Kcalb shoves his hand into Black's mouth)Black: AFKLAIFKM
- Black seems to get quite flustered when Arti is around...
- Ingo and Emmet appear in the "Young Couple" pose.
- Lets not forget about Kcalb, with the way he caresses Black's face, then shoves his hand into his mouth when it seems like Black is going to scream again. Methinks the author of this webcomic reads a lot of Bleach fan fiction, and took some inspiration from the popular Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo ship.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: It's not canon, but the author likes to jam Black/N down your throat.
- The Scrappy: White is beginning to generate quite a bit of hate from the fanbase for her accomplishments. Despite being The Ace as the point of her character. The fact that we don't get to see much of her during the story doesn't help matters either.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: A few fans thought White would end up Deconstructed and go mad,forcing Black to fight her once she did. Alas, despite a small nod to the theory via getting Red Eyes, Take Warning from Zekrom, she stays a protagonist throughout it all.
- Squee: The comment section's reaction to Black revealing his underwear to Tornadus. A few of the Pokémon commenters even proceeded to fight over him.
- Squick: N is 21 (and a half). Black is 16.
- 16 is the age of consent in some countries and N has the mentality of a twelve year old (okay, that may also make the whole thing worse). N definitely thinks Black is much too young to go around the world getting into danger though.
- Now 22 and 17, respectively. Also, 17 is apparently the New York age of consent.
- The reason it is YMMV is that while it is legal, many people find relationship age gaps that large at a young age to be distasteful, out of a notion that the younger individual is being taken advantage of. This becomes especially Squicky (though again YMMV) when one considers that N started out as being Black's Stalker with a Crush and emotionally manipulated him into their current quasi-relationship.
- Tear Jerker: The end of Episode 14.
N: What am I supposed to do without you?
- The ending of episode 24, Zekrom refuses to select N as the hero and leaves before Black gets there (though by Zekrom's dialogue he isn't the hero either). Eve proceeds to verbally insult him as he cries at his failure until Black, Bianca, and the professors arrive and begin arguing with Team Plasma until N yells at them all to leave except for Black. The episode ends with N sobbing his eyes out while Black attempts to console him. Jesus.
- The Woobie: N's getting his moments now that we're starting to see his daddy issues.