- Alternate Character Interpretation: Avril is a vampire. Specifically, the stranger from "I'm With You" turned her and Under My Skin was inspired by someone that she accidentally killed. "Here's To Never Growing Up" is her vampire anthem.
- Crack Pairing: Anyone see Avril/Winnie Cooper happening? Well it did in her "Rock and Roll" video
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Keep Holding On", Contagious, Fall To Pieces, When You're Gone. Arguably "Alice" as well.
- Designated Hero: In her music video "Girlfriend," an Alpha Bitch plays one.
- Ear Worm: Girlfriend.
- Sk8er Boi. There is a reason why 11 years later, it is still one of, if not the most recognisable song she has done.
- "Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?"
- And from her new Self-Titled Album - Rock N Roll.
- Fridge Horror: In the "Girlfriend" music video, the nerdy girl gets hit in the head with a golfball and falls in a decorative river. Those things are notorious for being bacteria-riddled, so one hopes she didn't get any in her mouth. And, later, she's still stumbling around, which means she probably has a concussion.
- Hollywood Homely: Look at the nerdy girl in the "Girlfriend" video. Word of God says it's satirical with Misaimed Fandom.
- Reinforcing the satirical interpretation is the fact that the nerdy girl and the bitchy girl are both played by Avril.
- Iron Woobie: "Get Over It"
- Memetic Mutation:
- Again: Hey, hey, you, you.
- Sleeveless shirt and necktie.
- Ships That Pass In The Night: She managed to keep her relationship with Chad Kroeger a secret until they were engaged
- Tear Jerker: When You're Gone, Slipped Away.
- True Art Is Angsty: Subverted. "Under My Skin" is disliked due to the amount of Breakup Songs and Darker and Edgier tone. Avril herself isn't too fond of it, claiming that "The Best Damn Thing" was her wanting to just have fun in music again
- Wangst: "Under My Skin" could be accused of this at times with the Lyrical Dissonance and the breakup songs EVERYWHERE.