YMMV: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Harsher in Hindsight: At one point, Tina notes that nightmares foreshadow earthquakes. L.A. was hit by those during the filming of Wes Craven's New Nightmare. Interestingly, they actually worked the earthquake into New Nightmare.
- With the advent of the Internet and online stalkers, the movie's themes have become more relevant than ever.
- Hilarious in Hindsight
- Holy Shit Quotient: Glen's death.
- Nightmare Retardant: At the end of the film, when Freddy drags what is supposed to be Nancy's mother through the little window in her front door as a final scare. It's a hilariously obvious mannequin.
- Retroactive Recognition: This was the first movie Johnny Depp played in.
- Special Effects Failure: Freddy's stretching arms look rather shaky by modern standards.
- Vindicated by Video: The movie did solid box-office business for a low budget 1984 movie, but it was the home video sales that really demonstrated what a money-maker Freddy could be.