"I played the child molester, the serial killer, and the serial-killing child molester." - The Cleveland Show''Jackie Earle Haley (b. July 14, 1961) is an American actor best known for playing Rorschach in Watchmen. Previously a child actor, most notably as Kelly Leak in The Bad News Bears and the first voice of Jamie Boyle (the youngest son who sides with his father on whatever controversial situation the family gets itself into) on the early 1970s animated sitcom Wait Till Your Father Gets Home. He costarred with Johnny Depp in the Dark Shadows and appeared in the RoboCop (2014) reboot.
- Adore Loomis, The Day of the Locust (1975)
- Kelly Leak, The Bad News Bears, (1976) Bad News Bears in Breaking Training, (1977) and The Bad News Bears Go To Japan (1978).
- Billy, Damnation Alley (1977)
- Moocher, Breaking Away, (1979)
- Einstein, Nemesis (1992)
- Frank Jessup, Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence, (1992)
- Ronnie McGorvey, Little Children (2006)
- Rorschach/Walter Kovacs, Watchmen (2009)
- Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
- George Noyce, Shutter Island, (2010)
- Guerrerro, Human Target (2010-11)
- Willie Loomis, Dark Shadows (2012)
- Alexander Stephens, Lincoln (2012)
- Maddox, RoboCop (2014)
- The Terror, The Tick (2016)
Tropes invoked by this actor:
- Bald of Awesome: Haley shaves his head when not playing a role.
- Badass Baritone: As Rorschach.
- Former Child Star: He was Kelly Leak, and is now making a successful adult career.
- Gutteral Growler: In Watchmen and .
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Haley's made a career out of playing very scary people (Rorschach, Freddy Krueger). The man himself is, in fact, a sweet, gentle family man with two kids.
- Nerd Glasses
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He's 5 feet 5 inches and has blackbelts in taekwondo and kenpo. Quite fitting for Rorschach.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: As mentioned, 5'5".