Roary The Racing Car is a British Children's clay-mation show about a perky young race car, his fellow racing cars of various nations and the pit crew. The show debuted in 2007 and is still ongoing.
Examples of the following tropes
- Breaking the Fourth Wall - Tintop crashes into the camera as the cars dart off for a play race at the end of one episode.
- Everything Is Big in Texas - Tintop
- Hey, It's That Voice! - Peter Kay as the voice of Big Chris. Also Maria Darling (Roary, among others.) voices Luke in the UK version of the Professor Layton games.
- And I Must Scream – Rusty, an abandoned caravan serving as the residence of Big Chris; while still active (and sentient), he had his wheels removed and sits on a pile of bricks.
- Just a Stupid Accent – Played straight in-your-face oh-so-often.
- Jerk Ass - Maxi, potentially Jerk Jock as well.
- Kid Hero - Roary, also a Rookie Red Ranger.
- No Communities Were Harmed - Silver Hatch racetrack is an obvious reference to the two main British motor-racing tracks: Silverstone Circuit and Brands Hatch.
- Punny Name - Roary (as in "roar" of engines), Cici (cc), Marsha the Marshall, Molecom the mole and so on. Drifter's name refers to Japanese Drift racing.
- National Stereotypes
- Sixth Ranger - Conrod the Australian V8 Supercar.
- Smurfette Principle – Among the recurring cars, Cici plays this straight (Zippy the scooter's gender is indeterminate as s/he only speaks in beeps.)
- Special Guest / Celebrity Star - Legendary Formula One commentator Murray Walker turns up in one episode as a replacement commentator.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics - Cici is female. You know this because she's pink and has eyelashes on her headlights.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head – Tintop all over.