Produced by Hanna-Barbera for CBS in 1966, the same year as Space Ghost, Frankenstein Jr. was a gigantic, sentient Do-Anything Robot built and commanded by boy scientist Buzz Conroy. Their base of operations was a mountaintop laboratory run by Buzz's father.While Frankenstein Jr held the first part of the title, he shared his show with The Impossibles,, who had two segments per show while he only had one. Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles'' was one of the last H-B series animated in the classic Ed Benedict style.NOT To Be Confused With Frankenstein Junior, a Market-Based Titlenote for Young Frankenstein.
This series provides examples of:
- Alternative Foreign Theme Song: The Japanese version has this.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: The Bird Man, The Spyder Man
- Animated Series: Well duh.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": Frankenstein Jr. sports a letter "F" on his chest as well
- Captain Ersatz: Frankenstein Jr. is obviously an HB version of Gigantor.
- Catch Phrase: "Alakazoom!" for Buzz Conroy
- Child Prodigy: Buzz is like, 11 years old tops?
- Cliffhanger: "The Alien Brain From Outer Space" took up two episodes. Yes, really.
- Do-Anything Robot: Frankie is pretty versitile.
- Gentle Giant: Frankenstein Jr., obviously.
- Humongous Mecha: Frankie obviously.
- The Kid with the Remote Control: Buzz.
- The Professor: Buzz's father, Professor Conroy.
- Super Hero: Frankie saves the day.
- Super Robot Genre: a rare Western (and surprisingly early) example.
- Three Shorts: Frankenstein Jr was traditionally the middle between two Impossibles segments.