Webcomic: Surviving The World
Daily Lessons in Science, Literature, Love and Life.Surviving the World
is a daily, gag-a-day Photo Comic
by Dante Shepherd, covering topics ranging from all over the map including life, romance, politics, science, etc.
Started in 2008, it has as of this writing over 1700 strips. Dante occasionally hosts a live stream for the making of the comic. These are normally ended with Him doing an impression of a raptor in a situation. It is awesome. It is also somewhat interactive with it's occasional "homeworks". It's also the only homework you've ever wanted to do.
Each comic takes the form of Dante, the professor of a class comprising of his viewers, standing with a blackboard with the day's lesson written on it. The lessons cover a wide range of topics, from social issues to practical advice to literary references (notably to Lewis Carroll
It also includes a monthly crossword by Justin Smith.Needs a Better Description
Tropes used by this webcomic:
- Awesome McCoolname: Dante Shepherd. How is it not awesome?
- Badass Lab Coat
- Berserk Button: Proposition 8.
- CPR (Clean, Pretty, Reliable): He acknowledges drawbacks but advises you learn it anyway.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Do-Anything Robot: Apparently all of them if he turns out to be right 
- Freudian Slip: He once went as this for Halloween.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The Blackboard the comic appears on changed often until Dante bought his own. Also the hat that he switches to possibly may be this or a Mid-Season Upgrade
- Hot Scientist: 
- Hurricane of Puns
- Mad Scientist: As good a theory as any as to why they exist  and in some pictures he certainly looks like one, especially with his default Badass Labcoat.
- Mathematician's Answer: Occasionally, in response to reader questions on Fridays. Usually overlaps with Comically Missing the Point
- Never Bare Headed: In every picture he has on a redsox ball cap. He's gone on record saying he wants his kids to think the hat is his normal hair.
- Noodle Implements: Manatees, Jetpacks, Rayguns.
- Not Actually The Ultimate Question: Therapeutic miscommunication
- Not That Kind of Doctor: Dante himself as well as this strip on getting a doctorate
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Dante's wife, theSwede, and his daughter, Cannonball. theSwede is also The Ghost, but he's held his infant daughter on-panel in one comic.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Of the real world, "living dead" variety
- Punny Name: Dante's Dog (and occasional guest lecturer) is named German. (Do as many pet owners do and apply the owner's last name to the pet)
- German is not, however, a German Shepherd. He's a large Beag- no, a Treeing Walker Coonhound.
- That Poor Cat: According to Dante cats make the best erasers
- The Talk: On the differing views of Sex Ed
- Writer on Board: Dante is very concerned about climate change, and he's insistent on beating us over the head with that concern.