Webcomic / Superandom
is a gag-per-update comic consisting of a few recurring characters, but not too many. It is drawn and written by Nathan Bowler.Recurring Characters
- Hero Man and his superhero sidekick Sidekick Boy. They are a duo of superheroes who fight crime in a fictional city called Crimeville. Although Sidekick Boy is a normal, heroic hero, his mentor Hero Man is more of an absolute retard, and is humorously not heroic.
- The @%#$ing Retard, a stick figure character who always gets into bad shenanigans, mostly killing himself, in one panel comic strips.
- Lady Medeva, a fairy tale peasant girl who lives in the slums of a Medieval kingdom and gets into very bad and weird shenanigans.
- Santa Claus. Santa appears a few times in the comics.
The website itself contains more than just comics, but also entertaining short stories
, secret easter eggs (one is the mystery page
), and downloadable wallpapers. The top banner of the website includes a random Superandom logo and slogan for every page refresh.
There is also a Facebook page: Facebook Page
Compare Cyanide & Happiness
and The Perry Bible Fellowship
Superandom contains examples of:
- Alien Invasion: As shown in this comic , as well as this comic .
- Alt Text
- Animate Inanimate Object: Superandom is a super random comic, therefore a lot of comics contain talking animate inanimate objects.
- Art Evolution: The beginning comics show a slight art evolution from the new ones, and additionally, before 2011, all of the comics were drawn in the Classic style.
- Bear Trap: This comic contains a bear-trap: 
- Black Comedy
- Blood Sport: As shown in this comic: 
- Captain Obvious: As shown in this comic: 
- Classical Mythology: Parodied in this comic: 
- Crossover: As shown in this comic between two completely different characters: 
- Crush. Kill. Destroy!: As shown in this comic , as well as this comic .
- Crystal Ball: Used by God: 
- Double Jump: As parodied in this comic: 
- Drugs Are Bad: The message is brought to you by Hero Man and Sidekick Boy: 
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: This a running gag in the first several comics, as shown in this comic: . Also, this comic takes it a step further: 
- Evil Genius: Parodied in this comic: 
- Fourth Wall: This is broken frequently in Superandom.
- Irony: Irony is frequented in Superandom. The character, Doctor Irony, is a perfect example.
- God: God has shown up once. 
- God Mode: As parodied in this comic about Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook: 
- Incredibly Lame Pun: As shown in this comic  and this comic .
- Invisibility: As shown in this comic: 
- Killer Robot: As shown in this comic , as well as this comic .
- Mad Scientist: Just like the trope, Evil Genius, it is parodied in this comic: 
- Magical Asian: As shown in this comic: 
- Make a Wish: As shown in this comic: 
- Metafiction: The comic features a lot of fourth wall, metafiction, and self-referential humor. Example: 
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The Robo-Alien-Ninja-Pirate-Warrior-Machine: 
- No Communities Were Harmed: The main setting for Hero Man and Sidekick Boy takes place in Crimeville, a pseudo-city that mashes up New York City, Chicago, and Detroit. 
- Parody: Superandom parodies a lot of things, such as Smokey the Bear, Superman, and Mark Zuckerberg.
- Pick on Someone Your Own Size: As parodied in this comic: 
- Princess Classic & Prince Charming: This comic  parodies the two tropes.
- Punchline: As parodied in this comic: 
- Recurring Character: The stupid superhero Hero Man is the most famous.
- Running Gag:
Talking Trees are a small running gag. Example: 
- Santa Claus: Santa shows up frequently in Superandom, as shown here  and here .
- Self-Referential Humor: This happens frequently in Superandom.
- Speech Bubbles: As parodied in this comic: 
- Stock Superpowers: Hero Man has a lot of stock superpowers, which include flight, super-strength, super-speed, laser vision, and x-ray vision.
- Superhero: Superandom contains lots of superheroes and villains.
- Superheroes Wear Tights & Superheroes Wear Capes: Hero Man and Sidekick Boy, as well as the other superheroes that frequently show up in Superandom, have sweet-ass tights and capes.
- Talking Animal: If animals could talk, they would just kill themselves for us. Example: 
- Temporal Paradox: As shown in these two excellent examples of comics:  & 
- The Deadliest Mushroom: As shown in this comic: 
- The Ditz: Lots of characters play the ditz. Example: 
- The Quest: As shown in this comic , as well as this comic .
- Thief Bag: As shown in this comic: 
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: They discuss this in the thirteenth comic: 
- Tickle Torture: As shown in this comic: 
- Touchof Death: As shown and parodied in this comic: 
- Video Game Lives: As parodied in this comic about Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook: 
- Villain Team-Up: As shown in the end of this comic: 
- What Does This Button Do??: As shown in this comic , as well as this comic comic.