Webcomic: Rasputin Barxotka
Some men never face the void within and thrive as happy human demons.
—King Camello Basma
webcomic by Reverend Vas Littlecrow Wojtanowicz. It can be found here
Rasputin Barxotka is a crime drama webcomic with a supernatural twist. The story follows the relationship between a dead Russian Romani smuggler and his deeply tormented compatriot, Lucky.
This comic provides examples of:
- Abduction Is Love:
- Marlborina resents the fact that Camello did not kidnap her at her wedding.
- When Camello volunteers to be abducted when he sees a kidnapped woman trying to escape mechanical tentacle rape by the Zeta Reticulans.
- Acid Trip Dimension: Where the Reptilians end up after Camello discharges the Magical Easter Egg of Doom by accident.
- Action Girl:
- Adventures In The Bible: Tsar's takes place in a scene described in Revelations 4.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Camello seems to have throes of wannabe-groupies even though he is too gay to be interested in women.
- Anal Probing: Though the humans view it as sexual, the Zeta Reticulans don't seem to have a clue that this form of fuel collection might be perverted, or even seem to understand the mechanics of human sex.
- Anti-Hero: Lucky doesn't seem to possess any sort of redeeming qualities. Camello is cruel, manipulative, arrogant and abusive, but is marginally more likeable.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Marlborina's reaction after Camello sobers up from a previous rape attack and sings her an apology song.
- Art Evolution:
- The original twenty nine pages of Rasputin Barxotka were done in a completely different style and moved to a different site. These pages were redone to give the webcomic a more consistent look. Other pages were enhanced with shading or backgrounds.
- When A Superkiller Rusalka Week began, Rasputin Barxotka became less cartoony.
- Art Shift:
- Side stories tend to be black and white or done in a different style.
- Tsar's dream sequence was illustrated by Ram Lama.
- When the Almighty is shown in her true form, she's a photograph rather than a drawing.
- Thomas Overbeck, creator of Times Like This, did an April Fools' Day gag guest comic that was written into the storyarc and turned into canon.
- Supplemental comics drawn by guest artists are invariably done in a different style.
- Attempted Rape:
- Bad Dreams: Lucky and Sasha's forays into the dream world. Tsar also has a bad dream.
- Bastard Boyfriend: Lucky
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Getter
- Bar Brawl: They usually involve Camello.
- Beautiful All Along: Marlborina after she plucks her monobrow, puts on lipstick and lets her hair down.
- Beneath the Mask:
- Best Served Cold: Tsar years after his boss's death.
- Brainless Beauty:
- Daniella and Zoya.
- Tatiana started out as such, but proved to be less stupid than she appeared.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Cain after being punished by Tsar
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- Brother-Sister Incest: Not only are Marlborina and Camello cousins, they are also adoptive brother and sister.
- Brutal Honesty: Camello has a bad habit of being maliciously honest at inappropriate times.
- Camp Gay: Lechy.
- Coming-Out Story: It happens at Camello's trial.
- Domestic Abuse:
- Gloria apparently beats her husband Camello on a routine basis. Camello only seems to beat her when he's extremely drunk.
- Lucky is extremely emotionally abusive to Camello.
- Glowing Eyes: Pretty much every ghost, demon and angel depending on their state of being.
- The Greys: The Zeta Reticulans
- Gypsy Curse: Inverted. The curse follows the Gypsy Curse trope but it only affects the Roma characters, and wasn't actually cast by them. The culprit was actually a non-Roma Russian pretending to be a Gypsy.
- Happiness in Slavery: Camello
- Hitman with a Heart: Tsar
- Historical-Domain Character: Superkiller, Sylvester and someone who may be Mikhail Gorbachev
- Horny Devils: Hielope the Rusalka
- Hot Gypsy Woman: Tatiana follows this stereotype to a tee, but it comes to an abrupt stop after the Kris.
- The Jail Bait Wait: Marlborina initially instigates it, though as the story progresses Marlborina wants it over with.
- Jerkass Gods: The Almighty routinely sexually exploits her creations, and seems to enjoy messing with them.
- Kavorka Man: Lucky, usually with Russian blondes.
- Kissing Cousins: Marlborina and Camello
- Led Zeppelin: Camello's favorite band.
- Lower-Class Lout: Camello and his family.
- Mistaken for Racist: Bob and Tsar, mostly due to an unresolved cultural misunderstanding about what is considered to be "black" in Russia.
- You Are What You Hate: Lucky.
- Macho Camp: Camello
- The Mafiya: Mikhail and most of Tsar's hitlist.
- Manly Gay: Tsar.
- Marital Rape License: Lucky attempted to rape Marlborina on their wedding night, but was thwarted with a shoe and fist to his face.
- Metalhead: Camello, Medved, Ursula and Especially Tsar, plus all of their fans.
- Moral Guardians: Romeo and Babushkas in general.
- Mouthy Kid: Olivia when talking back to Tsar and Geni's Girlfriend. Marlborina in general.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Camello after he reforms.
- Our Angels Are Different: The angelic form of Camello is pretty terrifying.
- Psychopathic Man Child: Superkiller.
- Prison Rape:
- The Reptilians: They battle the Zeta Reticulans indirectly as they're on the verge of invading the earth.
- Serial Killer: Sasha blackmails Dmitri by threatening to reveal the location of the bodies.
- Sex Is Evil and I Am Horny: Many of Camello's sexual exploits tend to be a direct result of this attitude.
- Sexy Secretary: Getter.
- Slut Shaming:
- Stoners Are Funny: The Zeta Reticulans.
- Wrong Genetic Sex: Sasha looks male, but actually isn't.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Lucky and Marlborina.
- Vigilante Man: Superkiller.
- Pretty Fly Fora White Guy: Tsar, sort of.