Oh this looks promising
This web series provides these tropes:
- Accentuate the Negative: Some of his videos go a little overboard on how bad a game is, or how much he dislikes something. Notable examples being his reviews for Unlimited Saga, The Legend Of Alon Dar and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.
- The Couch: All of the original episodes involves the RPG Fanatic sitting on his couch playing videogames. His new place is now a castle.
- Flipping the Bird: He literally has a video where he shows 27 different ways to give people the bird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlrsmgw0zMg
- One of Us: I remember him quoting a few trope names.
- Spin-Off: The Candy Fanatic videos.
- Super Power Lottery: the Student Sword claims to be the sword used in all computer roleplaying games until the protagonist becomes a true hero. So far the Student Sword has demonstrated the ability to summon zombies, perform Kingdom Hearts Keyblade-style "unlocking", perform the Soul Shooter attack from Azure Dreams, transform books into dvds and switch the Fanatic's "job" using magic.
- Talking Weapon: Starting with the Legend of Mana review, the videos have incorporated a talking muppet-style sword who harasses the RPG Fanatic and sometimes forces him to play games he doesn't want to play.
- Training from Hell: At the end of the Castlevania: Curse of Darkness review the Student Sword forces the Fanatic to fight zombies as part of his ongoing "hero training".
- Video Review Show: Almost every video is a review for an RPG or discussion about them.