Masamune and Keiji being Orochi's underlings is a form of Take That to Sengoku Basara
2 introduces Naoe Kanetsugu as a pathetic Joke Character
a la Dan Hibiki
. Koei doesn't like one of their main trio getting reduced like that, as a result, they snap back at Capcom by making two of Basara's poster boys (Yukimura is also Koei's poster boy, so he's out of question) underlings of Orochi that you need to beat down and label 'bad guys'. Not to mention Masamune, being the more 'main' poster boy of Basara, is turned into a worshipping fanatic of Orochi, stripping all his Badass
points in his KOEI incarnation (it's less than the Capcom one, but STILL).
The third game will continue the story, and expand it to the next generation DW and SW (DW 7 and SW 3)
Which means, most maps get a revamp for nextgen maps, and they will include Bao Sanniang, Ma Dai, Liu Shan, Guan Suo, Cai Wenji, Jia Xu, Ding Feng, Lian Shi, Sima Shi, Sima Zhao, Wang Yuanji, Zhuge Dan, Guo Huai, Zhong Hui, Deng Ai and Xiahou Ba for the DW side; Kato Kiyomasa, Kaihime, Kuroda Kanbei, Hojo Ujiyasu, Tachibana Muneshige, Takenaka Hanbei, Mouri Motonari, Aya Gozen and Fukushima Masanori on the SW side. Plus Musashi and Kojiro returns.
- Kanbei Kuroda, Will be one of Orochi's underlings.
- Well Maybe Not, He is in the Samurai Team.
- Fukushima Masanori will find a way to be Orochi's underlings. Because you know, KOEI hates him.
- Sima Yi will bring the whole Jin faction to the Orochi side, but not everyone will be there for long. Zhong Hui would most likely stick with Sima Yi due to his arrogance. Sima Shi might also stay.
- Jossed: Sima Shi joins Cao Pi's army agains Da Ji.
- Sima Zhao, due to his carefree attitude and having Wang Yuanji might defect to another force. If Zhong Hui sticks, Deng Ai might defect. Xiahou Ba will definitely defect.
- New Dream will have:
- Aya Gozen, Fukushima Masanori and Gracia for the SW 3 XL.
- Mitsunari Ishida, Kato Kiyomasa and Fukushima Masanori.
- Kotaro Fuma, Hojo Ujiyasu and Kaihime for the Hojo Clan
- Hojo Ujiyasu, Kenshin Uesugi and Shingen Takeda.
- And Takamaru.
- They might also be adding Warriors Legends Of Troy into the mix (assuming the game ever releases...).
- And they have announced just such a Game! And not only they bring the DW 7 XL additions (Pang De, Guo Jia and Wang Yi), bring back Zuo Ci, Musashi, Kojiro and Goemon, they brought Achilles, they also brought in Jeanne D'Arc from Bladestorm and Ryu Hayabusa!
- And Nemea from Z'ill Oll and of all people, Ayane from Dead or Alive.
The 4th game will have Kenshiro,
from Ken's Rage
One hell of a pipe dream, but they don't call this section wild for nothing. Also, holy shit IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME
- Koei is going to make a lot of anime-based Musou other than Gundam, Fist of the North Star and One Piece. THEN such crossover will be possible (Excepting Gundam because it'll be totally unfair for the ground characters who doesn't pilot Gundams)
- Someone hasn't seen SD Gundam, one can use that artstyle for "Team Gundam" ... and perhaps load a joke over their distinct differences... (Someone mistakes it for a giant only to find out one of hte M Ses are the size of them)
Warriors Orochi 3 will be made playable and accessable in stores in the US.
When they release the Warriors Orochi Collection, look back at other series. Jak and Daxter
, Sly Cooper
, God of War
, Mega Man
In a year or so they will release all three games and you don't have to download it to play it.
There will be a fourth game and it will come after SW 4
(AKA somewhere in or after 2014)
They could just whip in a Continuity Reboot
for the WO franchise. It's inevitable as the series they're picked from will continue to grow and Koei would probably give them a chance to encounter each other again. It will have Abe no Seimei and Shennong from get-go. The newest addition of the cast would be Xu Shu, Guan Xing, Guan Yinping, Zhang Bao, Yue Jin, Li Dian, Lu Su, Han Dang, Zhang Chunhua, Jia Chong, Wen Yang, Takatora Todo, Yagyu Munenori, Ii Naotora, a Bladestorm character (probably Edward the Black Prince, the main 'face' of the English forces), a Trojan character, and for the 'modern day/ Ninja Gaiden
' representative... well, the most recent addition of Hayabusa's lady friends after Ayane, Rachel and Momiji: Kasumi
Maybe for PS4
- Semi-confirmed, there's a new game but not WO 4, but WO 3 Ultimate. For PS3 and Vita. And amongst the list, only Xu Shu made it so far, along with a new character Tamamo-mo-Mae.
The special relationship for Post-Dynasty 7 and Post-Samurai 3
- Xu Shu
- Zhuge Liang
- Pang Tong
- Taigong Wang
- Zhang Bao
- Guan Xing
- Guan Yinping:
- Fa Zheng
- Yue Jin
- Li Dian
- Yu Jin
- Xun Yu
- Jia Chong
- Wen Yang
- Zhang Chunhua
- Chen Gong
- Lu Lingqi
- Ina: Rivalry over who's Dad could beat up the other.
- Takatora Tōdō
- Munenori Yagyū
- Naotora Ii
- Yoshitsugu Ōtani
- Pang Tong: Speaks for itself, the two Guys who wear masks to cover their faces.
- Nobuyuki Sanada
- Matsunaga Hisahide
- Orochi: He seems to hate his fate is beyond his control so will align with him to make his own destiny.
- Takakage Kobayakawa
- Motonari Mōri: His Father, for a Father and Son relationship.
- Da Ji: He may aid Da Ji for the same reason Motonari aid her.
- Lady Hayakawa
- Ujiyasu Hōjō: Father and daughters relationship.
- Kojuro Katakura
- Toyohisa Shimazu
- Kagekatsu Uesugi
- Naomasa Ii
Seeing that the third game is something of a Grand Finale
of the current saga, it would make a lot more sense if the next game is a reboot. Much like both DW and SW got a bit of 'reboot' post DW6 and post SW3 (instances: Cao Cao less of a Card-Carrying Villain
, Sima Yi a lot more noble and being the patriarch of Jin, Fuuma Kotarou less of a chaos-worshipping Troll but more loyal to Hojo), would make a lot more sense if it got a reboot.