Yes, even in a series with not one, but TWO Worlds of Ham
fighting each other in physics-defying yet completely awesome ways
, there are still some gentler moments to be found.
- At the end of Chapter 1 in Warriors Orochi 3, all the gathered heroes are transported back to their camp, and have just a few moments to relax from all of the hard battles they've been fighting. During this, Taigong Wang gives a little speech to Kaguya (who are both essentially demigods in this series) about how fond he's become of humans; it's incredibly inspiring.
- Another one from 3: if you get Zhuge Dan and Zhuge Liang to talk in camp, this conversation takes place:
Zhuge Dan: Master Zhuge Liang, I am a talentless dog...I have dirtied the name of our clan...
Zhuge Liang: Dragons and tigers obey no one, yet dogs are forever loyal.
Zhuge Liang: If you are a dog, Zhuge Dan, then you are the pride of our clan. There's nothing to be ashamed of.
- At the start of the final battles in 3, Shuten Doji observes a soldier suddenly collapse and start shivering in fear, only for his friends to come and help him regain his courage. It's a small moment, but a nice one, one that shows that even the nameless mooks are just as courageous as the named officers.
- Getting the conversation inbetween both Xiahou Dun and Date Masamune can also count. At first, Dun pretty much ridicules Masamune for his willing service to Orochi from the previous titles. By the final conversation, Dun puts aside Masamune's questionable decision and decides to watch over him just so his one eye doesn't stray. Likewise, Masamune responded favorably and for once, not really being high and mighty.
- The ending for The Shu storyline in the first game. Having finally defeated Orochi, Liu Bei who is freed at last, appears behind the fallen demon. Zhao Yun, his brothers, Zhuge Liang, Yukimura, and all the rest promptly begin dashing towards him.