is an intentionally inaccurate portrayal of Albert Einstein
as the son of an apple farmer in Tasmania in the early 1900s. In this movie, Einstein splits a beer atom (with a chisel) in order to add bubbles to beer, discovers the theory of relativity and travels to Sydney to patent it. Here he invents the electric guitar and surfing, while romancing an anachronistic Marie Curie. He invents rock and roll and uses it to save the world from being destroyed due to misuse of a nuclear reactor under the watching eye of a typically inaccurate Charles Darwin
Not to be confused with Little Einsteins
. Entirely unrelated to Young Frankenstein
, except that both are ridiculous comedies.
This film provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of Albert Einstein, Marie Curie and Charles Darwin.
- And pretty much every other historical personage named in the film (including Sir Isaac Newton, in the self-referentially titled book Young Newton).
- Alternate Universe
- Applied Phlebotinum: The energy from splitting Beerium Atoms.
- Artistic License - Geography: Albert wanders past Ayers Rock/Uluru on his way from Tasmania to Sydney. Of course, he was lost.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy
- Einstein Hair: Yahoo Serious has claimed he decided to make a movie about Albert Einstein because he has the same hairstyle.
- "Facing the Bullets" One-Liner: Rather unexpectedly, from Charles Darwin, as the bomb is about to go off, and he sits quietly while everyone else is trying to run away screaming.
Preston Preston: <grabs Darwin by the lapels> Quick! Where do I run?
Charles Darwin: It's an atomic bomb, Mr. Preston. There's nowhere to run to.
- I Kiss Your Hand: Creepy flavor: Preston Preston to Marie Curie.
- Land Down Under
- Leitmotif: Albert's is 'Waltzing Matilda', Marie's is a Parisian sounding accordion ditty.
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: When Preston Preston tries to speak French.
- Our Lawyers Advised This Trope: "The characters depicted in this photoplay are fictitious, although the names of certain historical persons were used."
- Scenery Porn: Albert's journey to Sydney, via lots of places that aren't actually on a direct route.
- Steam Punk
- Unobtanium: Beerium
- X-Ray Sparks: While draining the energy off the 'atomic' bomb with his electric guitar.
Don't worry, Marie! They're only electrons!