It is said humans are automatically C-Class. It is said humans would not last a day in Makai.
Catgirls reproduce asexually
As Word of God
has shown, the catgirls are all-female. Any biologist will tell you that this is absurd
; all but the simplest of lifeforms reproduce sexually (hermaphrodites capable of literally screwing themselves
notwithstanding). This leaves two options; 1. They are immortal and committed Gendercide
in the past; and 2. They reproduce asexually and only look
female. Of course
, there may be a catgirl generator out there that Runs On Nonsenseoleum
and the Rule of Sexy
- According to Capcom, Felicia's race can mate with any size-compatible male, but the offspring ALWAYS will be a catgirl.
- The Word of God I read was that the offspring of a human and a catwoman is a perfectly normal human.
- Females of all species are capable of reproducing asexually. This includes humans. Females can also breed with other females.
- Is this a guess or a statement of fact? If the latter, you really need a remedial biology course. Or maybe a lot of trial-and-error testing to show you what is wrong with this statement.
- Yup. Artistic License - Biology.
- Sounds like a goddamn troll just came through here to spout that little biology lesson for retards.
- Devil's advocate: he's actually kinda right. It is possible to take samples of bone marrow from one woman, convert it into I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Sperm, and knock up a different woman. But, does this sound like something people normally do?
- The New Mexico whiptail reproduces by parthenogenesis triggered by coitus. See the One-Gender Race trope entry, the Real Life section. So it's not at all inconceivable that Catwomen work the same way, only needing male stimulation.
- Word of God states catgirls reproduce by mating with males of other species. There you go.
- Ok, considering the Darkstalkers series is basically a Fantasy Kitchen Sink, I think it's best to just say "A Wizard Did It" for the existence of the catgirl species - as in, literally a wizard or other magical being created the catgirl race, and all the wacky biological traits they have. Perhaps a revelation in a future game will reveal something to this effect, like, for example, it may have something to do with Bast, the Cat Goddess....
Harry from the US Darkstalkers cartoon is actually a human version of BB Hood's dog.
Harry claims that his mom gets really mad when she finds strange cat women in his room. BB Hood would get mad, meaning that his mother is actually their version of BB Hood, and Harry the dog is her son.
- Nice theory, but if that were true, the other characters introduced in Saviour would be present in some form as well. Plus, Saviour wasn't even made yet, it was 1995 when the show came out.
Morrigan was originally planned to be to Demitri what Akuma is to Ryu.
's Ryu loves fighting so much he became a fighting nomad but is also noble enough to be considered tolerable by most people's standards. Akuma is Ryu without what would pass as a moral compass to most people. He's a death seeking nomad who will kill anyone who can't kill him in a fight. Akuma's also far more powerful than Ryu, he has power Ryu will never have since Ryu's to noble to go to his extremes.
Demitri is an evil, over confident megalomaniac from another world that people have to endure because he's stuck on Earth until he gets enough power to the kingdom he keeps failing to conquer. Morrigan is playful rebel more interested in Earth than the kingdom she will inherent and is only a danger to people due to her biology. She willingly comes where Demitri doesn't want to be, and causes much less trouble there. She has and takes for granted kingdom he wants and is too powerful for him to ever overcome. Also, while Demitri has a creepy fetish attack, Morrigan's mostly a tease.
While Akuma is derided as yet another unneeded Ryu-style fighter, considered overpowered and banned from competitive play, Morrigan is well accepted and considered the face of Demitri's series.
An odd idea for the hypothetical Darkstalkers 4
A team-up with Anita, Cecil (the kid Huitzil's protecting), Rikuo's son, and Victor's sister. With Felicia and Jon Talbain being in the mentor role.
- Its quite possible something like this was going to happen to the planned Darkstalkers 4 with a new generation of characters replacing most of the old ones. However Capcom probably planned to kill that idea off quietly out of fear that it would get a rather divisive backlash like what Street Fighter III got.
Hsien-ko may end up a bigger woobie
considering she had to become a Jiangshi in DS 3 despite being reincarnated. Alternatevly, she may end up a Jiangshi again by destiny or a different girl sharing her fate or any other event.
The writers of the US Darkstalkers cartoon had a fetish for fish people
Thatīs why in most of the episodes of that series many characters (Sometimes male characters
) keep mentioning how "curiously attractive"
The rather divisive
reception that Street Fighter III
had may've been a potential reason why Capcom never got around to fully making and releasing the 4th Darkstalkers game on the CPS 3 Arcade Hardware.
During the late 90's both Street Fighter
and Fatal Fury
had new Fighting games where they did a almost completely new roster of characters and only one or few recurring characters are still around. For all we know Capcom may have planned to do a almost new set of characters for Darkstalkers 4 like what they did with Street Fighter III
. Unfortunately due to how a lot of people were bothered by the idea of a mostly new cast for Street Fighter III
at the time (and some people still are) this scared Capcom off for trying that idea again with Darkstalkers. (And significantly changing the game to make it more familiar would take a lot more time to do so.) So Capcom quite possibly quietly shelved the idea of a Darkstalkers 4 with new characters out of fear it would have the same reaction as Street Fighter III
The american Darkstalkers
cartoon will be license-rescued and rereleased by Discotek Media
They've not only license-rescued the Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
OVA, but also the american Mega Man
and Street Fighter
cartoons as well. The Darkstalkers
cartoon at least sounds like a likely candidate the next time they decide to rescue another american cartoon.