The story follows Shirou Atazuki, a dithering college student who has constantly avoided making solid life decisions, Shirou has lost his girlfriend, is suffering from flagging grades, and is at a loss at where to go with his life. Following a counsellor's suggestion, he takes a part-time job in the pharmacy department at the attached teaching hospital, quickly bringing him into contact with an array of unconventional colleagues. Depending on his choices, he may continue to idly skate through his existence, or seize the opportunity to pursue a new relationship and finally take decisive control of his life.
The novel's main blog can be found here 
- An Aesop: The moral of the story is to be bold and decisive in the face of uncertainty.
- Big Eater: Aris has a very large appetite.
- Beach Episode: This occurs mid way through Atti and Rimu's route.
- Badass in a nice suit: Aris, when out of her hospital scrubs or training gear.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Aoi.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Noda shares some of his theories about Aoi and Aris with Shirou in Aoi's route.
- Childhood Friend: Rimu, Shirou's "oldest and best".
- Childhood Friend Romance: This occurs between Shirou and Rimu if Rimu's route is chosen.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: When Shirou walks in on Atti
- Disappeared Dad: Aoi's father.
- Downer Ending:
- If Shirou continues to dither by failing to decide on which love interest to pursue, he is hit by a truck as he ponders in the middle of a road.
- Fail to properly support Rimu in her artistic endeavors on her route and she commits suicide.
- The Ditherer: Shirou, whether or not he overcomes this behaviour is down to the player.
- Dominatrix: Naruko, through her aggressive attempts to seduce Shirou and her fondness of certain equipment.
- Furo Scene: Occurs in Aris's route with Shirou sharing the tub with her, much to his extreme embarrassment, considering the tub was likely not intended for more than one person.
- Foreign Fanservice: Aris's foreign appearance is frequently referred to.
- Genki Girl: Aoi is prone to erratic behaviour and is considerably more energetic than the other love interests.
- Hospital Hottie: Any of the love interests, including Naruko, qualify as this.
- Interrupted Intimacy: When Atti's daughter walks in on Shirou and Atti making out in her living room.
- Jerkass: Rimu's father.
- Likes Older Women: Shirou, should you choose Atti's route.
- Luminescent Blush: Rimu is prone to this.
- Last-Second Word Swap: When Atti calls at Shirou's apartment to return his id card.
Atti: What a dump, your place too.
Shirou: Atti, what the f- (notices Atti's daughter) fine... fine pleasure to see you this morning!
- Lampshade Hanging: In Atti's route, if Shirou fails to make a good enough impression on her, he finds himself snubbed by her friends, leading him to ponder:
Shirou: Did I just fail a points test?
- Magical Girl: Aoi.
- Must Have Caffeine: The hospital manager is never seen without a cup of coffee.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: When Shirou and Atti end up consummating their relationship in the hospital they both work at.
- Multiple Endings: In the form of bad, neutral, good and true endings for each route.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Naruko and Aris often move uncomfortably close to Shirou in conversation.
- Naked Apron: Aris, in her route and Atti's.
- Oblivious to Love: In Aoi's route, Rimu is clearly crestfallen when Shirou tells her that he and Aoi are in a relationship, he doesn't pick up on it however.
- Pose of Supplication: Shirou resorts to this in an attempt to placate Atti after accidentally insulting her late husband in Rimu's route.
- Plucky Girl: Aoi.
- Panty Shot: Aoi teases Shirou in this way.
- Parent with New Paramour: Atti, if her route is pursued.
- Romancing the Widow: Atti's route.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Atti, while strict, is fair and reasonable to her subordinates.
- Really 700 Years Old: Aya and Aris, in Aoi and Aris's routes.
- Super Senses: Aris is highly perceptive, appearing to read Shirou's mind and respond to his thoughts before he even voices them, much to his consternation.
- Statuesque Stunner: Aris is considerably taller than the other love interests.
- Training from Hell: Present in Aris's route, where Shirou suffers constant injuries, as Aris can heal them with her manifest ability, she frequently pushes him to his limits, even almost cutting his arm off in one instance.
- Too Dumb to Live: In Aris's route, taking Mnemosyne's offer to betray Aris leads to her killing you.