Visual Novel: Kikokugai The Cyber Slayer
A Visual Novel eroge
released by Nitro+
In a future Shanghai, there are two types of Kung Fu masters, those who mastered their internal qi, and those who mastered their physical skills. The qi masters are able to output a stronger energy coming from their life itself, but it took a long time to master it.
It was easier to just train their physical skills, but there was a limit to how strong a human body can be. So there were a balance of many average physical skill masters and few strong qi masters. However that balance broke when cybernetics came into play. Kung Fu masters would replace their body with robotic parts and attain a strength that a normal human can never achieve. That's how no one tried to become qi masters anymore when they can easily become powerful by using cybernetics, and qi masters decreased in numbers.
Kong Taolo is one such qi master out for blood. He must kill those that betrayed him and scattered his younger sister's mind into five seperate gynoids.
Tropes employed in this series are:
- Anti-Hero: Kong Taoluo is of the UnscrupulousHero type
- Badass: plenty of them
- Badass Normal: Taoluo is the last living practitioner of the of the Neija Kung Fu desinged to take down cyborgs. As such he is one of the most dangerous and badass carecters of the story.
- Badass Longcoat: Bolth Taoluo and Liu are wearing one
- Break the Badass: Taoluo during his last battle with Liu as Liu confronts him with the fact that he didn't anwser to Ruilis feelings and that he is the one to blame for all the suffering, that ruili has gone through
- World of Badass: Other than Ruili and the gynoids based on her (exept one owned by Ng), Ng and Tse pretty mutch everyone is badass at least in some way
- Bittersweet Ending: Tse Ida is able to reunite Kong siblings inside Ruilis harddrive, however all the bloodshed could have been avoided, if Taoluo had awnsed to Ruilis feelings earlier
- Body Horror: Ng:s gynoid is actually designed to also be his bodyguard. When in combat mode, it becomes a spiderlike combat robot in an EXTREMELY painlful manner to the gynoid. Ng effectively uses the gynoids suffering as a terror tactic against Taoluo.
- Brother-Sister Incest
- Cast from Lifespan: The overuse of the Lightning Palm damages the users internal organs.
- Combat Pragmatist: Knowing that as a NonActionGuy he wouldn't have a chance against Kong in a fight, Ng instead relies on treachery, terror tactics as well as Taoluos feelings towards Ruili when forced to confront him.
- Creepy Twins: The Yun twins, a pair of qi masters so skilled, that even Taoluo hesitates to confront them.
- Death by Irony: Ng is consumed by a modified version of the computer virus that he created.
- Determinator: Taoluo will absolutely not back down as long as he has even the smallest chance of saving his sister. By the end of the story he is a walking corpse purely powered by his determination.
- Disposable Woman: Ruili
- Dual Boss: The Yun twins
- Femme Fatale
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Taolo manages to thrust at supersonic speeds to put an end to his final duel with Haojun.
- Kill 'em All: Written by GenUrobuchi so this is to be expected
- Leeroy Jenkins: After hearing about Jangs death, Zhu proceedes to immediately go find Kong and confront him in a battle even after being warned about his powers. Regardless to say it's quite obviuous how that battle wound up.
- Mad Scientist: Tse Ida was forced to become a black market cybernetics clinic owner to continue his research as his peers considered it too amoral and insane.
- Non-Action Guy: Ng Wing Shing, the only member of the Syndicate who's not a skilled fighter but a professional hacker and computer genius. He's also a huge coward.
- Rape as Drama / Rape as Backstory: Taoluo's sister Ruili was raped and murdered by his former companions.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs
- Red Baron: The Cyber Slayer
- Oblivious to Love: The fact that Taoluo was unable to notice and to that right anwser to ruilis feelings towards her is essentialy what started the events of the story.
- Updated Re Release: The 2011 All-Ages Remake came with redone artworks, character sprites and scriptwriting and a quite-popluar voice cast.
- Yandere: Ruili being unable to love her husband Liu and realising that Taoluo isn't awnsering his feelings decides that since she isn't going to ever going to be together with Taoluo decides that she would rather die the most horrible death than to continue living in a world, where she wouldn't be able to love Taoluo