War Front: Turning Point is a 2007 PC Real-Time Strategy game developed by Digital Reality. The story utilises a What If? scenario where Hitler gets assassinated earlier than usual, somehow allowing technology to advance ahead of schedule, and giving the Allies, Germans and Russians some frankly insane weapons ranging from tanks with freeze rays to pre-modern era stealth bombers to that very Humongous Mecha that you see proudly displayed on the cover.All right, put your hands down, let's not jump to conclusions: this game is actually more like Generals than Red Alert in all honesty, and for the uncanny resemblance, it has most certainly been criticised for that. There is one unique feature, though! You can hop into any defensive turret and control it in first person mode! Or...you could just allow the auto-aiming to do it for you and not murder your pc's graphics card with the choppy framerate.Has a patch if you're going to run it with Windows 7.
This game provides examples of:
- Big Bad Duumvirate: The German Chancellor and Stalin.
- Cool Airship: The Germans have armored zeppelins equipped with two howitzers.
- Defector from Decadence: What the early part of the German campaign is about.
- Deflector Shield: The Allies' force field tank.
- Disc-One Final Boss: The mission to overthrow the chancellor has a very climactic tone, but is only halfway through the German campaign.
- Drill Tank: The Soviet Mole APC.
- The Federation: The Western Allies.
- Kill It with Fire: The jetpack infantry and their flamethrowers.
- Kill It with Ice: The Russian super weapon.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: The Sonic tanks.
- Mini-Mecha: The German Exoskeletons.
- Nuke 'em: The Allies super weapon.
- No Campaign for the Wicked: The games two campaigns focuses on the Allies, and the Germans who want to overthrow the Nazis, and both soon team up to fight the Russians who are the main bad guys.
- Soviet Super Science: With everything from liquid nitrogen bombs to drill tanks.
- Stupid Jetpack Hitler: Hitler's early death is part of the Alternate History, but otherwise this is a spot on example, with sonic tanks and actual jetpacks.
- Tank Goodness: All kinds, from liquid nitrogen tanks to German superheavies to the five turret Kharakov Rampager.
- The Vamp: Nadia.