is a flash-based Roguelike Video Game
It offers a wide variety of character classes, a keen sense of humor, and shout outs to NetHack
and media in general. A key gameplay feature is the Second Wind, which lets you return from death once—once you die again, though, that's it.
The game can be found here
This game provides examples of:
- A God Am I: In the backstory, Randall Smith was this even among the other gods and betrayed them, rising above their influence.
- Adam Smith Hates Your Guts: Shopkeepers regularly increase prices; this is dependent on weapon and armor equipment upgrades.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: The third area.
- Back from the Dead: The Second Wind.
- Early Game Hell: The first area doesn't let you respawn when killed a second time.
- Easy Levels, Hard Bosses: Once you level up enough in certain areas, especially if you have good classes, random encounters become fairly easy. The bosses...are not.
- Fallen Hero: Monsters in the third area.
- Guide Dang It: Getting out of the areas.
- Have a Nice Death: There's unique battle messages for every enemy, including death messages.
- Kill the God: You defeat the pantheon of gods in the third area.
- Killer DM: You fight him as the boss of the first area.
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: Easy, Normal, and NetHack.
- It Only Works Once: The Second Wind.
- Multiple Endings: Four of them:
- Really Bad: You accept Randall Smith's offer to rule together with him, but he betrays you and kills you.
- Bad: You fight Randall Smith, but lose.
- Average: You fight Randall Smith and defeat him, taking his power for yourself. But since you also destroyed the other gods, the world is in ruins, making your victory a pyrrhic one.
- Great: If you defeat Randall Smith but leave the other gods alone, you assume Smith's power and rule the world for ages to come.
- One of Us: The creator made the game to get it troped.
- Purposefully Overpowered: The rewards from killing the pantheon of gods.
- Shout-Out: To NetHack, Deus Ex, The Protomen, and many other works.
- The Three Trials: Seen in the second area.
- We Can Rule Together: Randall Smith offers this; accepting gets you a Nonstandard Game Over.
- When Trees Attack: Ent trees and various flora.