My Pokémon Ranch is a Pokémon Video Game for the Wii, developed by Ambrella, not Nintendo/Game Freak. It was released for WiiWare in 2008, for 1000 Wii Points, or about US$10. It's mostly unplayable without Diamond & Pearl, similar to Pokémon Battle Revolution for the Wii.It lets you transfer up to 1000 Pokémon into a Pokémon Ranch, which, despite the game's Nonindicative Name, is not run by you, but by Hayley, a friend of Bebe, the Expy of Bill in Diamond & Pearl. There, you can see your Pokémon as Super-Deformed, or chibis.Apart from giving you a place to store extra Pokémon, it has one extra useful function: to get Mew. After you send 999 Pokémon here, Hayley will give you a level 50 Mew if you give her an Egg. Now if only the game were actually compatible with Platinumnote , HeartGold, and SoulSilver...
This game has examples of the following tropes:
- Digital Distribution: Found in the Wii Shop.
- Disc One Nuke: That Shroomish you can trade for? Seed Bomb, Spore, Stun Spore, and... False Swipe?! It's a catching god.
- Mythology Gag: An Easter Egg involves Munchlax, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Meowth, and Teddiursa racing one another. These species all appeared in one of Ambrella's previous games, Pokémon Dash.
- New Game+: Strangely averted- due to player-owned Pokemon being tied to the file that originally deposited them, My Pokemon Ranch cannot be used to dump Pokemon in, then start a new game and withdraw.
- One Game for the Price of Two: If you want to fully enjoy this game, you need to own Diamond or Pearl.
- Spiritual Successor: To Pokémon Box, a storage system for Ruby and Sapphire on the Gamecube,
- Super-Deformed: Every Pokémon here.