Behold the ultimate power of Grou— d'awwww...My Pokémon Ranch
is a Pokémon Video Game
for the Wii
, developed by Ambrella, not Nintendo/Game Freak
. It was released for WiiWare
in 2008, for 1000 Wii Points, or about US$10. It's mostly unplayable without Diamond & Pearl,
similar to Pokémon Battle Revolution
for the Wii
It lets you transfer up to 1000 Pokémon into a Pokémon Ranch, which, despite the game's Nonindicative Name
, is not run by you, but by Hayley, a friend of Bebe, the Expy
of Bill in Diamond & Pearl
. There, you can see your Pokémon as Super-Deformed
, or chibis.
Apart from giving you a place to store extra Pokémon, it has one extra useful function: to get Mew. After you send 999 Pokémon here, Hayley will give you a level 50 Mew if you give her an Egg. Now if only the game were actually compatible with Platinumnote
, and SoulSilver
This game has examples of the following tropes:
- Digital Distribution: Found in the Wii Shop.
- Disc One Nuke: That Shroomish you can trade for? Seed Bomb, Spore, Stun Spore, and... False Swipe? It's a catching god.
- Mythology Gag: An Easter Egg involves Munchlax, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Meowth, and Teddiursa racing one another. These species all appeared in one of Ambrella's previous games, Pokémon Dash.
- One Game for the Price of Two: If you want to fully enjoy this game, you need to own Diamond or Pearl.
- Spiritual Successor: To Pokémon Box, a storage system for Ruby and Sapphire on the Gamecube,
- Super-Deformed: Every Pokémon here.