Video Game: Middle Manager Of Justice
Middle Manager of Justice is a iOS superhero simulation game by Double Fine, perhaps best described as the deranged lovechild of Theme Hospital and Freedom Force. You play as the titular Middle Manager, tasked with running the local branch of the Justice Corp. franchise, which involves training up new superheroes and send them out to fight crime. The bulk of the game is focused on real-time micromanagement, constantly juggling the training and equipping of your heroes with researching new abilities, recovering their stats after battle, and earning enough money to kit out your headquarters. The game also has an optional action section where you can directly control your heroes, during their constant battles with the forces of evil, by choosing when to use their special powers and supporting them with items and support abilities.
The game provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Gloomerang.
- Arbitrary Head Count Limit: You can only bring four troops with you at any time.
- Ascended Fanboy: Sweet Justice, being a huge fan of comics before applying to Justice Corp.
- Badass Bureaucrat: That would be you. The world would be pre-ty hard to save without you organizing your branch's resources and training.
- Black and Nerdy: @man.
- Civvie Spandex: When you fire hire your heroes their costumes costumes consist mostly of T-shirts with towels as capes. As they level up, you can buy proper spandex costumes for them.
- Corporate-Sponsored Superhero: All of them, really.
- Kill It with Fire: Hot Head, one of your potential heroes.
- Mission Control: You basically serve as this during the field mission sections.
- Revenue Enhancing Devices: The game itself is free, and while the option to buy in-game currency is there, it isn't at all necessary.
- Shock and Awe: Surge Protector.
- Token Minority: @man is the only obvious minority character; granted, three of your other heroes are a mummy, an alien and a robot.