Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
is a 1994 Platform Game
made by Interplay Entertainment
for the Sega Genesis
in 1994 and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System
in 1995, with a strong focus on Toilet Humor
Snotty Ragsdale is an Eccentric Millionaire
who takes a janitoral job at Professor Stinkbaum's lab to investigate a machine which vows to get rid off all of the world's pollution to another dimension. During this time, he accidentally sneezes into the machine and a hand grabs the power source, causing Snotty to go into the other dimension and retrieve it. He became a playable character in Clayfighter 63 1/3
for the N64, where he's The Rival
to Earthworm Jim
. A Kickstarter
is currently online, to make an HD reboot of the game.
The game contains examples of:
- 1-Up: Sometimes found within the levels, but more often than not, getting one of these requires you to collect 30 or more plungers and pop about 10 or more pimples when you reach the end of the level.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The toilets in the levels lead you to these types of bonus areas.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Revolta has a crush on Boogerman. One of her attacks has her send out a face that tries to kiss you.
- Alternate Dimension: Dimension X-Crement.
- Bald of Awesome: Boogerman, contrasted with...
- Bald of Evil: Booger Meister.
- Big Bad: Booger Meister.
- Book Ends: The game ends as it began, with Boogerman flushing himself down a toilet. The difference this time is that it shoots you up to the first floor of the game rather than down.
- Boss Banter: During their fights.
- Breath Weapon: Chillies allow Boogerman to belch flames.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": The bosses uniforms.
- Charged Attack: Burps and farts can be made into projectiles if you give it a little time. This can be upgraded further with the previously mentioned chillies, giving them extra damage as the gas ignites.
- Descriptive Ville: Boogerville, the third world.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Hickboy.
- Down the Drain: Exaggerated, the whole game is set here. Taken Up to Eleven in special stages as they flush you down even further.
- Evil Laugh: Booger Meister and Revolta.
- Fartillery: Both Boogerman and the Booger Meister do this.
- Fun with Flushing:Boogerman will flush himself down toilets to enter a sewer loaded with powerups and enemies. It's also how the Big Bad is defeat, er, defecated in this manner as our hygienically-challenged hero burps him into the toilet; flushing him away for good.
- Gasshole: Both Boogerman and the Booger Meister do this.
- Gross-Out Game: Yep.
- Improbable Weapon User: Hickboy fights by throwing his chicken at you like a Boomerang and firing eggs from it.
- The protagonist himself, really. Flicking booger projectiles and setting your belches on fire isn't exactly standard practice in a platformer.
- Meaningful Name: Boogerman himself, as well as the bosses.
- Mooks: The Goblins.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Provided you find the rare chilli and with sufficient energy, it's possible to turn your fumes into a functional jetpack. Just, roll with it, alright?
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: All the bosses give one except for Hickboy, who just laughs.
- Sega Hard: Not at first for the first 1.5 stages, but the game starts to grind as the already long and full of mooks acts just increases bothfactors in each level's second half. And did we mention the powerups were stingy to start with?
- Toilet Humor: The whole point of this game. There are even water closets to flush Boogerman down!