was a series of RPGs made by a group called Disaster Labs using OHRRPGCE
. The games were intentionally made to look awful
, which was reflected in the Flash series in all the character designs.
- Housemaster is the guardian of Arfenhouse. He has a piece of bread for a face, and is clearly a Heroic Comedic Sociopath of some kind.
- Piakchu is Housemaster's pet, an obvious pixelated styling of the mascot Pokémon, who he feeds jelly beans like the blob from A Boy and His Blob.
- Dog is one of the other characters to join Housemaster's party. He's an icon made from a photograph of a dog's face, and happily joins in any insanity that Housemaster starts.
- Evil Kitty/Good Kitty is one of the early villains who plays turncoat and joins Housemaster. Like Dog, she's an icon from a photo of a cat's face.
- Joseph is one of the only fully-drawn characters, a humanoid character from another RPG who got warped into Arfenhouse. He tries to play the Straight Man role, but nobody listens to him.
- Woogy is one of many round, two-colored ball guys who frequently trade non-sequiturs with each other and the other characters.
- Billy is the main villain of the series, an 8-year old brat represented by a yellow ball with a face, who tries to make popular Flash movies using stolen content (i.e. copyrighted video game characters), among other methods of gaining notoriety.
The videogame series has examples of these tropes...
- Author Avatar: Billy, who also serves as the Big Bad.
- Climax Boss: The "JINT OV MAH BUTT" in Arfenhouse 3.
- Colony Drop: The "plot" of Arfenhouse 3.
- Combined Energy Attack: The ending of Arfenhouse 3
- A Dog Named Dog: Dog.
- Golden Super Mode
- Groin Attack: Housemaster kicks Billy in the groin, causing him to go to sleep for a thousand years.
- Heel-Face Turn: Evil Kitty becomes Good Kitty. Dog also turns good, as do the HLAF, Slut, Pringles can and Team Rocket.
- Ice-Cream Koan: "A HART WIT OWT LUV IZ A HAT WIT BEEZ!!"
- Interspecies Romance: Housemaster and Evil Kitty, who have G-Rated Sex together.
- JINT Mooks
- Lampshade Hanging
- Multiple Endings: Arfenhouse 3. Most of them are joke endings, though.
- No Ending: Arfenhouse 4.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: The first enemy encountered in Arfenhouse 3 is a huge Pringles can.
- Plot Detour: Arfenhouse 3, when Housemaster decides to forget about the astroid and go to the moon instead.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Team Rocket in Arfenhouse 3.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Snayk Mahn. "SNAYKZ SUK!"
- Samus Is a Girl: When Housemaster dies, his body explodes to reveal Samus from Super Metroid inside.
- Shout-Out: Several, mostly to The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy.
- Storming the Castle: Arfenhouse 3 culminates with the heroes going into Billy's castle. Fortunately for them, the guards are on crack.
- Sword of Plot Advancement: The Housemaster Sword.
- Updated Re-release: The first Arfenhouse was remade in Flash, boasting groundbreaking new features such as animations consisting of more than two frames and voice "acting".
- The Very Definitely Final Dungeon: Billy's castle.
- Weddings for Everyone: The ending of Arfenhouse 3.