is a collection of flash movies by Disaster Labs, based loosely upon their RPG games
, with the first movie appearing in 2002 at Newgrounds. After the movie series "Arfenhouse: The Movie 1-4" was released piece by piece on Newgrounds
, it became popular enough to get its own IRC channel, #arfenhouse.
The Flash series has examples of these tropes...
- Animation Bump: The sixth and final film as a whole has more fluid animation than the others.
- Art Shift: A couple scenes from the sixth movie stand out.
- Battle Cry: Teh BUHHS/BUHAAZZ (Pringles cans) always do their signature cry whenever they appear. And it's hilarious.
- Bond Gun Barrel
- Butt Monkey: Joe, in spades.
- Creator Backlash: Unfortunately, yeah.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: "FOOL! All we do in Hell is play DDR!"
- Eye Scream: L3MUNAA@@AIIIIYYYYDdd!!!!!1
- Headdesk: Arfenhouse Teh Movie Too has a random interscene with someone saying "BREAK TIME" repeatedly while bashing his head against a desk. And bleeding.
- Fridge Horror: Invoked in-universe by Seppel.
- In Name Only: The third and fourth movies.
- Large Ham
- Mind Screw: Oh boy, where do we start?
- Nonstandard Character Design: The characters are depicted in so many different styles, it would probably be safe to say that Arfenhouse has no standard character design.
- Numbered Sequels: Played with by the movie series, which goes straight from 4 to 6.
- Only Sane Man: Poor Joseph.
- Overly-Long Gag: Arfenhouse 3, which, after a very brief fight between Housemaster and Billy, does a credit roll that just lists off names from a phonebook.
- Random Events Plot
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie: Kill Billy
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies
- Except, as an Easter Egg reveals, for Joseph. Who ends up back in his own RPG.
- Running Gag: "JO'Z HEER"
- Shout Out: "h0lD THIZ. TY!!!!! h3v33 M@SH33NGNU!!!!!!"
- Stylistic Suck
- Take That: Done to the many crappy 8BT ripoffs flooding Newgrounds at the timenote twice: once in the beginning for Arfenhouse 2, the other as a standalone move entitled 8-Bitch Fyve
- What Could Have Been: A teaser poster for Arfenhouse 9 appeared on Misteroo's deviantART page on 2008. Nothing ever materialized, however, and Misteroo was never seen again. Disaster Labs itself closed down in 2010.