Web Animation / Arfenhouse
is a collection of flash movies by Disaster Labs, based loosely upon their RPG games
, with the first movie appearing in 2002 at Newgrounds. After the movie series "Arfenhouse: The Movie 1-4" was released piece by piece on Newgrounds
, it became popular enough to get its own IRC channel, #arfenhouse.
The Flash series has examples of these tropes...
- Animation Bump: The sixth and final film as a whole has more fluid animation than the others.
- Art Shift: A couple scenes from the sixth movie stand out.
- Battle Cry: Teh BUHHS/BUHAAZZ (Pringles cans) always do their signature cry whenever they appear. And it's hilarious.
- Bond Gun Barrel
- Bilingual Bonus: Arfenhouse 6 has a scene with katakana that reads "ゴトヘルアナダイ ファキュ". Explanation
- Brick Joke: One that takes a few movies: in Arfenhouse 2, Housemaster made plans to go to Hawaii. The heroes eventually make it to Hawaii at the end of Arfenhouse 6.
- Butt Monkey: Joe, in spades.
- Chest Monster: Played for Laughs when Good Kitty bursts out of Joseph's stomach in Arfenhouse 6, much to the latter's horror and pain.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: "FOOL! All we do in Hell is play DDR!"
- Eye Scream: L3MUNAA@@AIIIIYYYYDdd!!!!!1
- Headdesk: Arfenhouse Teh Movie Too has a random interscene with someone saying "BREAK TIME" repeatedly while bashing his head against a desk. And bleeding.
- Fridge Horror: Invoked in-universe by Seppel.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Joe is aware that there are scripts.
- A Glitch in the Matrix: Near-constant, except the "Matrix" in this case is reality itself, or whatever passes for reality here. Sometimes commented on: "Oh no, it's doing it again! I feel nauseous!"
- In-Name-Only: The third and fourth movies.
- Large Ham
- Mind Screw: Oh boy, where do we start?
- Nonstandard Character Design: The characters are depicted in so many different styles, it would probably be safe to say that Arfenhouse has no standard character design.
- Numbered Sequels: Played with by the movie series, which goes straight from 4 to 6.
- Only Sane Man: Poor Joseph.
- Overly Long Gag: Arfenhouse 3, which, after a very brief fight between Housemaster and Billy, does a credit roll that just lists off names from a phonebook.
- Random Events Plot
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie: Kill Billy
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies
- Except, as an Easter Egg reveals, for Joseph. Who ends up back in his own RPG.
- Running Gag: "JO'Z HEER"
- Stylistic Suck: The backgrounds and objects are drawn as this. only Joseph is drawn normally.
- Take That: Done to the many crappy 8BT ripoffs flooding Newgrounds at the timenote twice: once in the beginning for Arfenhouse 2, the other as a standalone move entitled 8-Bitch Fyve
- Un Installment: There never was an Arfenhouse 5