Tropers: Strife 89
oddball who constantly asks around for feedback and assistance when he gets stumped. He is a 24-year-old male, currently working part-time, who has been hanging around TV Tropes since around July 2010. His interests include video games, music, Linux, fictional writing, and many other things. Something of an introvert, he tends to come off as a tad odd to new faces. He has contributed a few examples to pages scattered about the wiki, and has launched a few pages. He has a Backloggery account to help keep track of his overall progress through every game he's played or ever wanted to play. It's a big list. Also has a silly little "website", "hosted" on Dropbox.Strife89 is an
open/close all folders
Pages started by Strife 89
Tropes that apply to Strife89
- ADCD: I have a history of this. Right now, I have just one story active, but it's hopelessly subject to massive delays between writing sessions.
- Angrish: Sometimes spouted while playing a difficult game, or when hearing about an event that he feels is over-the-top wrong.
- Awesome Music: I tend to arrange a playlist to make whatever I'm doing, be it at home or on the job, a little more exciting. Sometimes I switch tracks on the fly to match a changing situation. This, of course, leads to ...
- ... Mundane Made Awesome, at least in my head.
- Brilliant but Lazy: So I'm told, on the brilliant part.
- Super Captain Obvious
- Chivalrous Pervert - I'm trying hard to stop this.
- Companion Cube: I tend to get fairly attached to my electronics, especially my portable ones - although not to the point that this trope usually refers to; see Crazy-Prepared.
- Crazy-Prepared: I carry an entire backpack of electronic gear around at *all feasible times*. Most of it is just to keep my favorite gear at my side; although it comes in handy, as I sometimes need them to do a spur-of-the-moment computer repair for someone.
- Determinator: I tend to be like this with computer (especially maintenance/repair) projects, often forfeiting sleep as a result.
- Drugs Are Bad: Just ask my parents.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Life as a whole seems to be like this for me.
- Fan Fic: Has written a small handful, and even has a works page for one.
- Gender Bender: A common daydream of mine.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Inverted; I am left handed! Although I'm more comfortable using my right hand for a few things.
- Let's Play: Dabbled in this for a while, but ultimately never finished any games this way.
- Memetic Mutation / Running Gag: Among my local circle of friends, I have spawned a few personal running jokes.
- He threw Toad into a pit! Explanation
- Coat Hanger + Laptop = Victory Explanation
- WHY IS THIS SO HARD?! Expanation
- Must Have Caffeine: I drink a lot of soda. And (sugary) iced tea.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: My hometown is relatively quiet and has little to do; a common complaint from young adults who move in from elsewhere, including the hundreds of students who attend the local college.
- Old Shame: some of the fiction I used to write was pretty out there. Suffice to say it was junk.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Most of the time, admittedly, but I can make myself work sooner than the last minute much of the time.
- Sanity Slippage: Can and frequently does occur while playing N+. Especially when Let's Play-ing it.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Dear God, has it ever.
- Videogame Caring Potential: I'm subject to this from time to time, but it most commonly manifests while playing Pokemon games.
- Wham Episode: My mom's death. My dad's, two years later, was slightly less so.