Strife89 is an oddball who constantly asks around for feedback and assistance when he gets stumped
He is a 23-year-old male, currently working part-time, who has been hanging around TV Tropes since around July 2010. His interests include video games, music, Linux, fictional writing, and many other things. Something of an introvert
, he tends to come off as something of a weirdo to new acquaintances.
He has contributed a few examples to pages scattered about the wiki, and has launched a few pages.
He has a Backloggery account
to help keep track of his overall progress through every game he's played or ever wanted to play. It's a big list.
Also has a silly little "website"
, "hosted" on Dropbox.
open/close all folders
Pages launched by Strife 89
Tropes that apply to Strife89
- ADCD: I tend to be terrible with this, writing a scene or so for what seems like a good story idea and then stuffing it in a folder (be it physical or digital) and hardly ever looking at it again. I even have a few older completed stories that have been long forgotten. (At the moment, I have four stories in progress - two on the Internet - and none are anywhere near completion.)
- Angrish: Sometimes spouted while playing a difficult game, or when hearing about an event that he feels is over-the-top wrong.
- Brilliant but Lazy: So I'm told, on the brilliant part.
- Captain Obvious: Tends to speak like this. Waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too often.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Companion Cube: I tend to get fairly attached to my electronics, especially my portable ones - although not to the point that this trope usually refers to; see Crazy-Prepared.
- Crazy-Prepared: I carry an entire backpack of electronic gear around at *all feasible times*. Most of it is just to keep my favorite gear at my side; although it comes in handy, as I sometimes need them to do a spur-of-the-moment computer repair for someone.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: I try to arrange a playlist to make whatever I'm doing, be it at home or on the job, much more exciting. Sometimes I change tracks on the fly to match the situation, if something comes up.
- Determinator: I tend to be like this with computer (especially maintenance/repair) projects, often forfeiting sleep as a result.
- Drugs Are Bad: Just ask my parents.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Life as a whole seems to be like this for me.
- Fan Fic: Has written a small handful, and even has a works page for one.
- Gender Bender: I daydream about this. A lot.
- The Hero: I daydream about being this too.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Inverted; I am left handed! Although I'm more comfortable using my right hand for a few things.
- Let's Play: Has a few in progress, but none completed. Currently in limbo:
- Memetic Mutation / Running Gag: Among my local circle of friends, I have spawned a few personal running jokes.
- He threw Toad into a pit! Explanation
- Coat Hanger + Laptop = Victory Explanation
- WHY IS THIS SO HARD?! Expanation
- Must Have Caffeine: I drink a lot of soda. And (sugary) iced tea.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: Sure, we have a 2-year college, but that's literally *the* highlight for my generation.
- Old Shame: some of the fiction I used to write was pretty out there. Suffice to say it was junk.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Most of the time, admittedly, but I can make myself work sooner than the last minute much of the time.
- Sanity Slippage: Can and frequently does occur while playing N+. Especially when Let's Play-ing it.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Dear God, has it ever.
- Videogame Caring Potential: Sometimes I go out of my way to do the right thing for the characters. In the case of Pokémon, I rarely swap out team members after the first few badges, even if they're not the best battlers available. In Heart Gold, I almost never run around, as I don't want my Pokemon to have to run to keep up with me note .
- Wham Episode: My mom's death. My dad's, two years later, was slightly less so.
- What Are Records?: From time to time I might find myself explaining these, Atari 2600s, floppy disks, etc. .... to someone younger than I. I recently had to explain what a Nintendo DS Phat was. To a child that owned a D Si XL.
There used to be a "Video Games I Enjoy" folder here, but it hasn't been maintained in ages. May I point you to my Backloggery account
Anime enjoyed by Strife 89
Questions, comments, and other page vandalism. :D
Write stuff here!