Strife89 is an oddball who constantly asks around for feedback and assistance when he gets stumped
He is a 24-year-old male, currently working part-time, who has been hanging around TV Tropes since around July 2010. His interests include video games, music, Linux, fictional writing, and many other things. Something of an introvert
, he tends to come off as a tad odd to new faces.
He has contributed a few examples to pages scattered about the wiki, and has launched a few pages.
He has a Backloggery account
to help keep track of his overall progress through every game he's played or ever wanted to play. It's a big list.
Also has a silly little "website"
, "hosted" on Dropbox.
open/close all folders
Pages started by Strife 89
Tropes that apply to Strife89
- ADCD: I have a history of this. Right now, I have just one story active, but it's hopelessly subject to massive delays between writing sessions.
- Angrish: Sometimes spouted while playing a difficult game, or when hearing about an event that he feels is over-the-top wrong.
- Awesome Music: I tend to arrange a playlist to make whatever I'm doing, be it at home or on the job, a little more exciting. Sometimes I switch tracks on the fly to match a changing situation. This, of course, leads to ...
- Brilliant, but Lazy: So I'm told, on the brilliant part.
- Super Captain Obvious
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Companion Cube: I tend to get fairly attached to my electronics, especially my portable ones - although not to the point that this trope usually refers to; see Crazy-Prepared.
- Crazy-Prepared: I carry an entire backpack of electronic gear around at *all feasible times*. Most of it is just to keep my favorite gear at my side; although it comes in handy, as I sometimes need them to do a spur-of-the-moment computer repair for someone.
- Determinator: I tend to be like this with computer (especially maintenance/repair) projects, often forfeiting sleep as a result.
- Drugs Are Bad: Just ask my parents.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Life as a whole seems to be like this for me.
- Fan Fic: Has written a small handful, and even has a works page for one.
- Gender Bender: A common daydream of mine.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Inverted; I am left handed! Although I'm more comfortable using my right hand for a few things.
- Let's Play: Dabbled in this for a while, but ultimately never finished any games this way.
- Memetic Mutation / Running Gag: Among my local circle of friends, I have spawned a few personal running jokes.
- He threw Toad into a pit! Explanation
- Coat Hanger + Laptop = Victory Explanation
- WHY IS THIS SO HARD?! Expanation
- Must Have Caffeine: I drink a lot of soda. And (sugary) iced tea.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: My hometown is relatively quiet and has little to do; a common complaint from young adults who move in from elsewhere, including the hundreds of students who attend the local college.
- Old Shame: some of the fiction I used to write was pretty out there. Suffice to say it was junk.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Most of the time, admittedly, but I can make myself work sooner than the last minute much of the time.
- Sanity Slippage: Can and frequently does occur while playing N+. Especially when Let's Play-ing it.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Dear God, has it ever.
- Videogame Caring Potential: I'm subject to this from time to time, but it most commonly manifests while playing Pokemon games.
- Wham Episode: My mom's death. My dad's, two years later, was slightly less so.
Questions, comments, and other page vandalism. :D
Write stuff here!