Tropers / Hitchiker 98
Introducing Hitchiker 98
A 19-year-old male born, raised and currently living in New Zealand
. Woe be to anyone who confuses him with an Australian or American.
This troper has created the page:
This troper shows examples of:
- Berserk Button: See What the Hell Is That Accent? listed below.
- Also gets up in arms when one of his favourite TV shows (Game of Thrones, Firefly, or even Breaking Bad) is criticised by one of his friends. Said friend hasn't watched any of them.
- If you're friends with the guy, intentionally irritating him will also get you punched in quick fashion. It borders on a Hair-Trigger Temper sometimes, but he tends to manage it.
- Face Palm: Of the "pinching the bridge of the nose" variety. He has become infamous in his school year for doing it so often, even unwittingly photographed by the school photographer when a guest speaker was brought in.
- Fascinating Eyebrow: Pulls this often. Usually when he sees a camera pointed at him. Hell, even when the camera isn't pointed at him.
- Last-Name Basis: Half of the people he meets refer to him by this. The other half don't know his first name.
- Military Brat: Both parents were in the New Zealand Army. He temporarily became slightly hostile towards his mother after she was away on a posting for three months. This hostility was somewhat lessened by the fact that he was 2 years old at the time.
- Although it did convince her to leave the Defence Force and spend more time with her children.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Yes, he knows his username is spelt incorrectly. Yes, it was meant to be "Hitchhiker". No, he's not changing it anytime soon. Yes, he finds words with back-to-back h's weird (like "washhouse" and "withheld").
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Zigzagged. Around his friends, he's foul-mouthed and a threat to a nearby Moral Guardian, with F- and C-Bombs alike. Anywhere else, he'll only start laying down a series of F-Bombs when he gets pissed.
- Unexplained Accent / What the Hell Is That Accent?: For some reason, he speaks with a supposedly American note accent despite being born and raised in New Zealand.note
- Younger Than They Look: Managed to grow a pretty good full beard for an 18-year-old (at the time). This is probably the reason people assume that he's in his early to mid 20s (21-25 have been suggested by co-workers and strangers alike).
This troper enjoys works such as: