- The Wire: The most well structured, thought out and detailed series I've ever seen.
- Deep Space Nine: I was always kinda fond of Star Trek as a good bit of fun, but this was the first Trek series I considered solid television.
- A Song of Ice and Fire: Just a simply excellent series.
- Malazan Book of the Fallen: ...as is this. Another nice, meaty fantasy series.
- The Dresden Files: This is just a fun series of novels.
- Twilight: Good god this is just awful. I understand I'm not the target demographic, but there is just nothing to like about this series, be it the writing, the plot or the message.
- Sword of Truth: Of the few I've read, the poster-child for So Okay, It's Average. Which is fine, if it weren't for the fact Terry Goodkind is a bit of an asshat.
- Jack Reacher: Delicious Guilty Pleasure, and great Snark Bait.
For now, I'll restrain myself from putting a "Tropes that describe me" section, as part of me always feels those sound like a troper crying out "Woohey! Look how quirky I am! LOL!" (I will cave eventually, I'm sure) Instead, I'll put a space here for others to put comments in, should they so please. Think I'm a douche? Understandable. Think I'm pure unrefined awesome? Well, you're probablly a Sock Puppet...
Since you don't want to add tropes for yourself, I'm going to start adding ones for you based on close to zero knowledge about your personality and life.
- Badass Mustache (actually clean shaven)
- Jerkass Fašade (no facade. I'm usually quite nice and personable)
- Modern Major General (my competency at my job has yet to be fully revealed)
- Mad Doctor (This example has been added simply because I thought it would go well with the mustache.)